Fixed

YoungNastyManYoungNastyMan Member Posts: 28
Fixed
Post edited by YoungNastyMan on

Comments

• YoungNastyManYoungNastyMan Member Posts: 28
    jhdf353cvpjg.jpg
    Two weeks and I don’t even think they are even attempting to address.
  • FuluFulu Member Posts: 5
    They really bad at road maps/ETAs and community. Just like EA and Blizzard seems beamdog saw some money and started following that model of poor communication with customers.
    YoungNastyMan
  • LazybonesLazybones Member Posts: 4
    I generally try to be patient with this like this, but I am starting to get fed up as well. The arelith guys are all very communicative on their discord and it just seems like BD is lagging and not providing updates
    Word, I don’t know if I speak for everybody. But if I wanted to get a offline game. Divinity is a much better solo game. Bought NWN for Arelith.
  • LazybonesLazybones Member Posts: 4
    Lol seriously, I have actually been playing DOS2 as I wait for BD to get their act together.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a known issue, we're working on that. Sorry that it takes time, but we're working.
    YoungNastyMan
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, everyone!

Our next patch will include updates that should smooth out issues Nintendo Switch players are experiencing when trying to connect to community Persistent Worlds of Arelith and Ravenloft. We expect this update to be available in early 2020.

Sorry again that we make you all wait.
    That should have been said on your website instead of dec 3rd.
    It’s early 2020 and late you projected 12/03/2019. I want a refund. You promised something your not giving your customer and that is very illegal.
  • JessaraJessara Member Posts: 18
    Hello, everyone!

Our next patch will include updates that should smooth out issues Nintendo Switch players are experiencing when trying to connect to community Persistent Worlds of Arelith and Ravenloft. We expect this update to be available in early 2020.

Sorry again that we make you all wait.

Hey. Is there any update on when this update is coming out?
    Update is they got our money and then just telling us to piss off.
    Anyone up for a good ol class action?
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    If you want a refund you should contact the appropriate customer support channel, imo. Posting here won't do anything.
    Hello! We have submitted a patch for the Switch version, hopefully it will be approved. We're working hard on NWN:EE for each platform.
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    It’s early 2020 and late you projected 12/03/2019. I want a refund. You promised something your not giving your customer and that is very illegal.

a projection is not a set time, it is an estimate, you have no legal case. However, Arelith is welcoming console players since the 8193 patch fix and you can come get your moneys worth with us
  • JessaraJessara Member Posts: 18
    I tried connecting to the Arelith server and it still does the game closing error when the character list loads up.
    Yep, I myself bought it for Arelith and in writing on Beamdog website is says December 3rd 2019 not maybe, not later, and not we got your money Muhahahaha.
    kjpyjmoicwwa.jpg
    That’s joining surface.
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    make sure your ports are open and that you have the newest stable 8193.6
    Beam dog said they were fixing it.
  • BeardBeard Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2020
    Beamdog, your lack of communication is absolutely unacceptable and your treatment of the people who bought your game is shameful. It's unprofessional. JuliusBorisov, I'm looking directly at you, since you seem to be the Beamdog mouthpiece. Non-answers are no longer acceptable.

Hold yourself accountable, for god's sake and actually communicate with the demographic who feel exploited and stolen from. We paid money over 45 days ago for a product that hasn't work as advertised, since launch.

This isn't something you can release a fix for months later when you charged sixty five dollars for a twenty year old game that you sell on PC and Android for ten bucks.

Give us an update. Give us a date. Now. I'm tired of putting the stupid cartridge into my console every single day just to see if theres been a fix and hoping you'll make right by your customers. You released a game that does not work, and right now, you have stolen my money and did not give me what you advertised. Nobody plays or cares about the single player content, and you know that. Any fan of the game has run through it multiple times already. We came for the persistent worlds and possibly TotM.

And Tyrants of the Moonsea had better be free as an apology, I've literally never seen this level of negligence from the gaming industry, straight up. I feel like I've been ripped off from a Kickstarter project, not from a decade old developer who professes to have the best interest of their fans at heart.

Unless you make things right, and fast, I think it's pretty fair to say you've completely and utterly burned all your bridges with the console community.

You owe everybody an actual apology.

We screwed up, we got greedy, we launched the game in a state that wasn't acceptable and we're sorry and here is something for your troubles.

That's the least you can do.
    Word, there are better ways to piss of 50 dollars.
    edited January 2020
    We are sorry the persistent world fix is taking time. The patch has already been submitted to Nintendo so it's definitely coming very soon (if the patch passes the certificate).

Please hold on a bit longer.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Beard wrote: »
    This isn't something you can release a fix for months later when you charged sixty five dollars for a twenty year old game that you sell on PC and Android for ten bucks.

20 bucks, actually, and 52 bucks with all the DLC...

https://store.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition
    JuliusBorisov
    I’m in the wrong line of work. Game devs are straight con artists, 2k sports, ea,....Beamdog.
    Beard
    Tresset wrote: »

No, I bought it for ten bucks on android off Google play. You can find the PC version for around the same on several sites.

Pricing is also determined by region.
    edited January 2020
    Tresset wrote: »

No, I bought it for ten bucks on android off Google play. You can find the PC version for around the same on several sites.

Pricing is also determined by region.

What you don't take into account re/pricing is that you compare the base price of NWN on Android and PC with the whole package on console. NWN:EE on console has all the DLC, which together cost $52 USD on Steam. $10 USD on Google Play also doesn't include any of the DLC.
    Tresset
    edited January 2020
    With all due disrespect, if you think that shitty dlc that reviewed poorly 20 years ago and almost nobody played is still worth $50, you're delusional and I have a bridge to sell you because you're exactly the type of sucker that the industry loves to exploit.

Literally nobody wanted to rebuy dlc for more than it sold for on PC. They already bought it once and it wasn't very good the first time around. Nobody wanted the DLC and if they did, then Beamdog should have released the dlc on the Estore because I had to download it anyways.

You can keep going if you want, but I'm not interested in having a discussion with you and will just ignore and probably not read anything you say. The only thing I want is for Beamdog to stop being crooks and start releasing games when they work instead of selling completely broken products out of greed. I don't want to hear pass-the-buck excuses about how its somebody elses fault because that's just a lie. And if they can't, then they aren't qualified to make games and shouldnt promise what they can't deliver. This is what you get out of a company that works out of a one bedroom apartment above a tea shop.

The release of nwn EE on console is evidence that Beamdog literally has no grasp of who their consumer demographic even is.

I'd be embarrassed and apologizing like crazy, not spouting PR talking points and have the audacity to give vague answers like "soon."

Beamdog stop B.S.ing people and give them what they paid for.