Skip to content

EE Keeper Manual

Ive been Trying to find some kind of document that explains what all the fields in ee keeper do. For Instance, what exactly does exp for kill do? If any of you know where I can find such a document I would appreciate it.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    "Exp for kill" is the experience the party gets for killing the creature. It's 0 for most party members; you don't get experience for killing party members except Viconia.

Any other fields you're wondering about?
  • Jander912Jander912 Member Posts: 8
    I would like some more info on various effects, local and global variable. That seems a bit in depth for forum posts tho.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited January 2020
    When time presents itself, I could probably actually write an entire guide.

Local Variables are information stored for the creature. These are often actions they might make in combat.

For example: Global("HASBEENINPARTY","LOCALS",1) might be a trigger you see in a save file with your companions, like below. Multiple party members can have it, because it's local specifically to them. You'll often find Combat A.I. put in here as well.

6zear93mxu34.png

Generally for EEKEEPER, you don't need to use mess around with local variables.

Globals are saved to your game, and you'll notice every character in your party will get the same globals. Globals for Timer parties tend to have garbage values. (I'm wondering if they take whatever they find was in memory before, similarly to how uninitialized variables in C programming just get junk values picked up.)

dj7mau5des4u.png

You may play with these values to fix a quest, or a romance, though you can largely do it IG with a Console, but it's certainly an alternative approach.

The Effects tab controls where you can alter different attributes, such as saves, or replace bard song or the like, commonly seen with Kits.

85o2qq7q5kzg.png

For example, my NPC Vienxay has her backstab set with an Effect triggered by her kit, because a Multi-class Thief Kit won't correctly change a backstab modifier to how you want it otherwise.

9repwijhgpd2.png

Using the Backstab Example, I have it set as a flat value modifier set by the Type, that whatever is in the Statistical Modifier is the new value, in this case, a Backstab of X2.

https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/opcodes/bgee.htm gives you more information on what each effect does.

You'd generally find it easier to just make a kit with Weidu/NearInfinity to set up all these effects, but for a quick wacky change to a game, you might find the Effects Tab simple and quick to work with, and it can be a valid alternative if you want to set up a quick alteration for a specific NPC.

Some other things I can think of to add:
    You can use the journal tab to fix a broken quest that didn't mark itself finished, or is not completable anymore because you were dumb and let the NPC die, there you can set the quest to Quest Done.

If you open a chr file or cre file with no inventory, and try to add items to it, EEKEEPER may crash. I advise making sure the creature is exported with an item in the game before opening it with EEKEEPER.

Race Values other than standard or Tiefling tend to not display IG correctly, and will show nothing when you load up the file, such as the below:

ndm5dlzwll82.png

Mine will work fine, because Emily's NPC Mod alters the Aasimar line to include the string, but otherwise you'd need to mod it to work.

The Appearance tab can be useful to set colors you otherwise don't have control over, or change a model to use a different style (For example, a cleric model for a bard.) For this, there is no need to use the LOW versions.

For myself I use EEKEEPER only for adding custom made spells and quick inventory set up for NPCs, or sometimes to fix broken kits since I do a lot of development and sometimes this gets broken as a result of it. (I.E., Recorder is incorrectly assigned the Artificier Kit, and Aura gets the Lorekeeper kit for some reason.)
  • Jander912Jander912 Member Posts: 8
    wow, that was very detailed. I appreciate it.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Skitia wrote: »
    Globals for Timer parties tend to have garbage values. (I'm wondering if they take whatever they find was in memory before, similarly to how uninitialized variables in C programming just get junk values picked up.)
    Timers store the exact game time (in ticks) after which the timer will be considered expired.
  • arbig7592arbig7592 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, what about the 3 separated fields for Levels in the Capacities tab?
    For example, Dynaheir is a lvl5 mage currently and in EEKeeper i see : 5/1/1, while Branwen is a lvl6 Cleric and she is 6/0/0 ...
    I don't really get it, thanks for your help!