Skip to content

Unable to connect to servers

cmckee42cmckee42 Member Posts: 8
I tried to open my beamdog client, but it is not connecting to the servers, despite my internet connection working fine. Does anyone know if the servers down or something?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2017
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

1. Has the Client run on your computer before? If so, has anything changed on the computer, like a new firewall or antivirus?

2. What platform is this on?

(We have checked - the servers themselves seem to be up and running.)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @cmckee42 Did you manage to solve the situation?
  • cmckee42cmckee42 Member Posts: 8
    The client has run on my computer before, and worked fine. When I couldn't log in I tried reinstalling the client, but that didn't fix the problem. This is on windows 10.
    It still isn't working, and I have another machine with an older version of the beamdog client that is still connecting and working fine, so it isn't my connection that is the problem.
    @cmckee42

We need your log files to understand the problem. Could you please do the following:

a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder.
    @JuliusBorisov Do you mean in the file where the client is installed, or do you mean after opening up the client. It won't let me log in since I reinstalled the client, and there is no gear in the program before I login.
    Can you find the Log folder?
    There isn't a log folder, unless it has a different name. Those letters don't appear in any of the folder names in the beamdog client folder when I use the search function or when I manually search every sub directory.
    Please, go into the AppData folder (go to the file explorer and in the top bar showing the current folder, click on it and type "%APPDATA%", then press enter - that should put you in AppData/Roaming) and you should see a Beamdog Client folder. Then can you open that up, and there should be a folder called "logs". Please, zip up that whole folder and attach it to your post.

Also, please, make sure that you've attempted to log in since you reinstalled, so that it will have created a log.
    Is this what you are looking for?
    JuliusBorisov
    The logs confirms that you're experiencing the issue that we've seen before, and which is reported here: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31605

We have a set of steps that might solve your problem - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31605#note-1 Please, try and report back.

Also, you could try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you!
    I did that, but now it it taking forever for the log in window to pop up in the first place, and when it does, the problem remains. I double checked my firewall, but it doesn't appear to be blocking Beamdog.
    JuliusBorisov
    Unfortunately, we don't have any more solutions for this issue right now. It's a tricky one because something is going wrong in your network and it's rejecting the Client's web requests because it thinks they're not properly authorized. But we can't solve that individually, we'd have to try and make it not check the validity of any requests, which is an unsafe thing to do in general, hence why we don't want to 'fix' it that way.

The steps in Redmine are supposed to be doing that for just the single instance of the Client, but obviously isn't working. So we don't have any other answers right now other than use the old client. You can find it here: https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_legacy
    I uninstalled the new client and installed the old, but when I log into that it says: "Unable to sign in due to a server error" which sounds like the same issue. It it possible to connect my purchases to my steam account?
    I've passed this to the Team.

You can indeed get a Steam key - send a message to support@beamdog.com with details about your purchase.
  • harpersworldharpersworld Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue as of today. It had been working fine and today it was logged in, then I restarted my computer and it will not connect now!
  • wolfdwarfwolfdwarf Member Posts: 19
    I too am having a similar issue. January 2020.
    wolfdwarf wrote: »
    I too am having a similar issue. January 2020.

Please try all the suggestions from this thread, including Steam keys.
  • wolfdwarfwolfdwarf Member Posts: 19
    Not sure if my solution is among the already listed suggestions but what worked for me, strangely (to me at least) was feigning a re-install of the Beamdog Launcher.

Basically, I re-downloaded the Beamdog Launcher installer and ran it. And after it got to a certain step in the installer the Launcher opened up, seemingly properly, and from there everything ran smoothly from me...
    JuliusBorisov