Skip to content

Trying to make an "Ice assassin" spell

nysinysi Member Posts: 60
Hello,

I'm trying to create an "Ice assassin" spell. Basically it should create a clone of an ennemy, maked from ice.

So far :
- I've been able to make the spell, add it to the game and cast it
- The spell make the clone of a targeted creature, using a modded Simulacrum spell.
- I've been able to change the clone to a non casting one. It can just attack

But I fail to make the clone friendly to the party. The clone is always friendly with the target, so if I target an ennemy, the clone will be hostile.

Do someone have an idea on how I could change the clone and make him friendly?
I've searched for Irenicus "Create clone" spell he used in spellhold to look how it's done, but I didn't find it using DTLCEP or nearinfinity.

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've done it before and it's complicated. Your spell needs to cast multiple spells:

Spell 0 casts spells 1, 2, and 3. This is the actual spell your character uses in-game.

Spell 1 spawns the clone. This should have the same parameters as Simulacrum if you just want a functional copy of the target.

Spell 2 is an area effect spell that triggers after a 1 second delay and grants immunity to spell 3--but only to critter whose gender is not "illusionary." Begin this spell with opcode 318 to make illusionary critters immune to spell 2.

Spell 3 is an area effect spell that also triggers after a 1 second delay. This spell uses opcdoe 241 to take control of the targeted creatures--but thanks to Spell 2, only illusionary critters will be affected. This spell also changes the target's color and does whatever else you want to make the clone do.

This will create a normal, hostile clone of the target, and 1 second later, the clone will be charmed and turned to ice or whatever you did with Spell 3. It will be 60% of the target's level and HP. The only way to get a different type of clone, like with full HP, is to mess with the vanilla clone spells or possibly use some more complicated WeiDU stuff I'm not familiar with.

I used this method to create pitch black clones on a failed save vs. polymorph for an old kit called the Shadow Stealer.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited February 2020
    There's another way to do it. You could have the spell take control of the target, then make a simulacrum of them, then immediately remove the control effect. The simulacrum will have gained the control effect from the original creature (clones gain the effects the cloned creature had at the moment of the cloning), but the original creature will only be controlled for a brief instant.

In the next patch of my spell mod, there'll be a new spell that does this.
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    Thanks to both of you for the advices. I will try it this evening :)
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    The Shadow Magic mod has a spell called invoke reflection that does exactly this as well. It has some awesome spells.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Sounds rather complex, but would be quite cool if created.

Maybe you can upload a video so we can see it in action? :)