Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    "Fixing bug in Branwen-Tranzig encounter"

so is that fixed or not?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Yes, sorry for phrasing it badly. Branwen's after Tazok dialogue stutter is fixed in v24.1.
    megamike15ZaghoulFina92
  • AaeightAaeight Member Posts: 4
    Unfortunately I'm unable to install the second section called 'The BG1NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections'. I get stuck in one infinite loop after few initial warnings on my GOG version of BGEE. Of course I never had any of such problems before and the previous (beta) version still installs fine.
    Is there thus any chance for a quick fix?
    All the changes are otherwise great!
    same thing happend to me. im using steam it gave a bunch of warnings and then just looping patching files.
    edited January 2020
    @Aaeight
    How does the inifnite loop play out? The v24.1 incorporates @DavidW 's functions for improved ICT3 which takes a while to compile but did so without problems on my BeamDog BG:EE and BGT from GOG BGII.
    What does the error messges say?
    it went by to fast but it was something like warning can't find file and a bunch of names which i assume are quest npcs.

i also had not had an issue with this until this version.
    ok it look like it install but with warnings. the warnings are about no effects added and then a bunch of item files.

i'd copy from the file but it's a really long list and i think it might be every item in bg 1.
    edited January 2020
    Thanks @megamike15 I saw the warnings too. I have to investigate myself as I don't know what they mean. Since it is a lot of BG1 items I do think they mean nothing, though. EDIT: just for info this is nothing I changed for v24.1.
    Post edited by jastey on
    megamike15Aaeight
  • AaeightAaeight Member Posts: 4
    jastey wrote: »
    @Aaeight
    What does the error messges say?

It says 'WARNING: no effects added to ABISRED1.ITM' etc...
    But it indeed installs fine after a while, with hundreds of warning though. Everything else is working fine. B)
    @Aaeight great to hear it installed.
    I'm still investigating the warnings. It's the patching of items with immunity to Entangle SPPR105.SPL to also grant immunity to Kivan's Spear effect. I don't know regexp patching so I'll wait for input to my questions topic.
    The warnings are what I thought and can be ignored. I am preparing v24.2 nontheless which will address some more BGT conveniences.
    megamike15Aaeight
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @jastey You've become the new custodian for this project? That's awesome work you're doing!

For the Winski issue, I haven't played the game since back when I wrote this post. My mind is foggy, so I wouldn't be able to give additional details about it:

When you run into Winsky Perorate in the Thieves' Maze, he summons a Demon called Aravaata, who immediately starts attacking.
    He attacks while having a blue selection circle. Is that on purpose, or should he be hostile?

Also, if you attack him, he just dies, and that's it. The rest of the encounter continues as vanilla.

From what I've read...
    ...the Demon should kill Winsky, and Winsky should drop an amulet and a scroll.

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/7667-v12b-dynaheir-endgame-spoilers/
    @Thels thank you for coming back to this! Sorry for not notifying you again: I fixed the encounter in the meantime. V24.2 also fixes the Branwen after Tranzig stutter.

V24.2 is also directly compatible with EET!
    Everyone interested, please take the version in your EET game and let me know of any problems!
    masteraleph
    @jastey Do you know what happened with @AstroBryGuy ? I hope he's okay.

Also, do you know if there's any chance that the "Send NPC to Inn" component gets recovered? It was taken out because Tweaks now has a "Send NPC to Inn" component, but the BG1NPC one had character to it. The Tweaks version feels boring and lackluster.
    ThacoBellFina92
    @Thels I don't know what happened to AstroBryGuy, unfortunately. I surely hope he is alright!

"Send NPCs to an inn": noted. I won't promise anything but it's a good point. There would also be the possibility to make the Tweak Anthology one a choice between the two, but that's just a hypothetical thought.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    jastey wrote: »
    @Thels I don't know what happened to AstroBryGuy, unfortunately. I surely hope he is alright!

"Send NPCs to an inn": noted. I won't promise anything but it's a good point. There would also be the possibility to make the Tweak Anthology one a choice between the two, but that's just a hypothetical thought.

That would be good.
    Before EE it was possible to choose between a few options.

I liked the version where you could send the NPCs in the training room to an inn.

I forget which version that was.
    edited January 2020
    I liked the version where you could send the NPCs in the training room to an inn.

I don't recall that option. Are you sure that's not from another mod? It doesn't sound like a BG1NPC thing...

The BG1NPC Send to Inn option wasn't the most convenient one. You couldn't decide for NPCs where they spent their free time. Each NPC had a single location they would head to when you sent them off. Most of the good aligned ones would be sent to the FAI or close thereby and most of the evil aligned ones would be sent to Nashkel or close thereby, but there were exceptions leading to other places, including remote places away from civilization for characters like Faldorn and Viconia. Only once you've unlocked Chapter 5 would most (but not all) NPCs provide a second option somewhere inside Baldur's Gate.

So yeah, not too convenient, but it had a lot of character!
    Post edited by Thels on
    Aaeight
    You mean the trainings crew from Candlekeep? That was never part of Bg1NPC.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited January 2020
    I don't remember which mod allowed you to send the Training Room crew to an inn, but one of several available sent them to the FAI. It was at the time when I played in Tutu. I think the Drizzt Saga had a send NPCs to an inn option too. It might have been that one. Old age creeping in, or rather it has stomped in. :D In those days there were no romances. They were a bit more powerful than other NPCs to start with, but lost their extra spell slots upon levelling up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @ArthasII What for? You can install both mods (or just the one component of bg1re depending on what you want).
    Wise_Grimwald
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wise_Grimwald
    BG1NPC updates to v24.4!

Changes:

- Coran Romance: variable "Global("P#Briel_Stay","GLOBAL",1)" should be set correctly if book was brought to Briel although Jaheira interjects into dialogue.
    - Typo corrections.

Ludwig_IIhook71AedanFina92
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    edited March 2020
    Does NPC Project modify Kivan´s timer which was added by EE? NPC Project was developed long time before EE and I remember that in some dialogues Kivan was urging you to go to the bandit camp but never left the group.
    Post edited by velehal on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The EE didn't add the timer. The EE just fixed a typo that stopped the timer from doing anything.
    megamike15Wise_Grimwald
    yeah the timer was always there. it just broken in the originals
    Wise_Grimwald
    @velehal I don't think the EE behavior of Kivan actually having a timer for his (re)quest was changed by BG1NPC.