Skip to content

Development Build 8193.6

ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
edited January 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I see this has been announced on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1697226147911946433

Any ETA for the Beamdog client?

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    niv: likely wont be until tomorrow
    So.. Soon.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    This dev patch look very interesting. Removal of the head dead zone mdl slots. New animation 2da availability. The foundation for creating custom weapon feats (CEP I'm looking at you, but sigh, I'll probably have to do it). And the ability to maybe add some kind of true caster progression to PMs and/or RDDs? Very nice, BD, very nice.
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    I'm pretty stoked about the texture swapping feature, myself. I see . . . possibilities regarding skyboxes, water surfaces, etc.
    Also, probably could make blazing messages appear in mid-air at the DMs whim...

Lots of good stuff in this update. Thanks to all involved!

JFK
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Proleric wrote: »
    I see this has been announced on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/704450/announcements/detail/1697226147911946433

Any ETA for the Beamdog client?

It's now live!
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Unhardcoded spellcasters????!!!! I can't wait to see what the community does with this!
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Thanks for the performance boost!
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Custom spellbook creation seems to work, but there are still issues like the "learn scroll" option freezing/crashing on new spellcasters. If they can work out the issues then it should prove to be a very big update in terms of custom classes.
    This picture shows a custom spellbook for Blackguard. It's a ten minute edit, create the spgn 2da file, adjust the values for Blackguard in classes.2da, append the new spellbook column to spells.2da and set the spell levels.
    a4pyxpr8i5ep.jpg

The issue I see is that spells.2da might get very large and I'm not sure if there is a limit to new columns you can add before it breaks something.

Setting associate acquisition is nice to have but I'm not sure it's useful without some filtering of choices through columns for companions/familiars by class, level, and feats.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Feel free to report the issues you encounter at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals - we'd appreciate any report!
  • TarashonTarashon Member Posts: 18
    Hi freshlemonbun :)

Could you elaborate abit more on that customclass spell guide ?

Especially the spgn.2da leaves me wondering abit as to what to do. And love the idea of more spells to the blackguard btw !

/Tarashon
  • jpsweeney94jpsweeney94 Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2020
    Custom spellbook creation seems to work, but there are still issues like the "learn scroll" option freezing/crashing on new spellcasters. If they can work out the issues then it should prove to be a very big update in terms of custom classes.

We've been experiencing the server crash when a wizard tries to learn a scroll as well. Good to know it wasn't just us
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    We've been experiencing the server crash when a wizard tries to learn a scroll as well. Good to know it wasn't just us
    FYI If your server utilises NWNX, there is a temporary fix you can enable (in the Tweaks plugin) until beamdog releases a new dev patch.
    FYI If your server utilises NWNX, there is a temporary fix you can enable (in the Tweaks plugin) until beamdog releases a new dev patch.

Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't! Hopefully not too long til next dev patch

If you updated to the development patch I would advise you to roll back until they work out the bugs. It seems to be very experimental still and probably not something you want to expose players to.

Tarashon wrote: »
    Hi freshlemonbun :)

Could you elaborate abit more on that customclass spell guide ?

Especially the spgn.2da leaves me wondering abit as to what to do. And love the idea of more spells to the blackguard btw !

/Tarashon

Hi, I'm assuming you have unpacked all of your 2das, if not that you have a zip from the vault which contains all the NWN EE 2das.

Typically for a class or prestige class they use the following 2das in some combination:
    cls_atk_1.2da / cls_atk_2.2da / cls_atk_3.2da (base attack progressions)
    cls_bfeat_*.2da
    cls_feat_*.2da
    cls_skill_*.2da
    cls_savthr_*.2da
    cls_pres_*.2da (presitge class requirements)
    cls_spgn_*.2da (spell gain = rate of spells per day)
    cls_spkn_*.2da (spell known = rate of spells learned, spontaneous casting only i.e. sorcerer/bard)

Where * is the abbreviation for the class. So you can copy cls_spgn_cler.2da to base it off the cleric, change the name and alter the values as you see fit. The column NumSpellLevels is the maximum level of spell 0-9 + 1, so 0 level spells is 1 and 9th level spells is 10.

For Blackguard the spgn 2da would look like this, which corresponds with the published table.
    Level NumSpellLevels SpellLevel0 SpellLevel1 SpellLevel2 SpellLevel3 SpellLevel4 
    0    1     2              ****        0           ****        ****        ****        
    1    2     2              ****        1           ****        ****        ****        
    2    3     3              ****        1           0           ****        ****        
    3    4     3              ****        1           1           ****        ****        
    4    5     4              ****        1           1           0           ****        
    5    6     4              ****        1           1           1           ****        
    6    7     5              ****        2           1           1           0           
    7    8     5              ****        2           1           1           1           
    8    9     5              ****        2           2           1           1           
    9    10    5              ****        2           2           2           1

Excluding all of the repeat values of the 10th level for up to level 50 or 60 or so for padding epic levels and npc levels.

When you're done save the new spgn 2da file for your custom spellbook and type the name (excluding extension) into the SpellGainTable column for the class in classes.2da.

If you updated to the development patch I would advise you to roll back until they work out the bugs. It seems to be very experimental still and probably not something you want to expose players to.

I dunno, so far just the scroll crashing i've noticed.
    ResMan Priorities
    The priorities of userpatch, modules, haks, and override have been restored.

This alone is worth it IMO
  • TarashonTarashon Member Posts: 18
    Thx alot FreshLemonBun :)

I have medled with these things before even creating a customclass from scratch but since i didnt get the whole spellbook system that just works on individual customfeats per level. this is great to know !

Thank you for taking the time to explain it ! :)

/Tarashon