Skip to content

[v1.61] Drake, a human priest of Tyr NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    v1.6
    • Fixed several faulty scripts
    • Changed overhead comments to no longer interrupt actions
    • Fixed a few typos
    • Thanks to @ALIEN revealing an issue with the github repository I've fixed things up so people shouldn't be installing outdated versions anymore.
    This should be the version that makes all the lines show up where they should and the missing dialogues to go off properly.
    megamike15
    v1.61
    • Fixed a kit bug preventing Drake from dual-classing
    • Fixed missing lines from Dynaheir banter
    Mirandel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so drake gave me what i assume is his sod quest about missing supplies. but nothing showed up in my journal when he finished talking about it.
    @megamike15

Ehh, no journal entry for the moment as those are a pain to code. I'll do it later when I'm more inclined to go through the annoying steps.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    The mod is great and really enjoying it, I can’t seem to be able to dual him though
    @ilduderino

Dual-classing was bugged before v1.61.
    Thanks, I have downloaded the new version but may have messed up somehow
    @ilduderino

If you updated but were using a save from before with Drake in the party, it won't fix it.

Use this console command:

C:Eval('ActionOverride("C0Drake",AddKit(OHTYR))')
    ilduderino
    Worked a treat, thanks ?
    Looking forward to a run with this dude, Aura and Sirene in BG2. Am thinking of dualling him to a fighter. Do you know if his dialogues will still make sense if so, and likewise if he is dualled to a thief? Thanks
    @ilduderino

You can ask him about his new life choices in PID. Aside from that, he's still treated as though he's a cleric within dialogue. I don't think it's that jarring given he behaves less like a stereotypical cleric and more like... well, himself.
    ilduderinoWise_Grimwald
    Great thanks very much, and I agree he is not a typical cleric trope and would well fit other options
    Wise_Grimwald
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2019
    Hey there!

Been interested in trying the mod for a while and now is the time to do it . s2

Question: I know that every now and then someone insists on it , but looking at the bright side it's because people like Drake , so is there any chance for a BG2 Drake coming up this year or maybe early 2020? I was planning on having Drake and Aura for a full playthrough, even if I need to wait a bit after finishing SoD.

Also, may I consider that his BG2 romance will allow any gender as well?

Cheers!
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
    ilduderino
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for this awesome mod!

Drake is a great NPC. The writing and voicing are really brilliant too.

I am thoroughly enjoying it! It is also nice his romance is available to both genders, much appreciated :)

I cant wait for his BG2EE mod to be ready. Hoping the romance can continue there as well!
    megamike15Wise_GrimwaldMirandel
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @AionZ , just a quick question : is Drake going to have different banters with Chaotic Neutral Anomen?
    megamike15
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2020
    I played BGEE again with Drake, and had loads of fun (again!) Love him to bits.

However I had hassles with SoD. I'd got as far as finding the missing supplies then realise dno sparks were flying between my female fighter and Drake. I realised (too late for BGEE) that my female fighter needed to have Ch of 16+ to be eligible for the SoD romance. There was no way I wanted to redo all of BGEE, so I went back to the end of TotSC. I imported a manual to increase her Charisma from 15 to 16, and then went on tto SoD as per usual. However I think I seriously broke it. I've got a s far as the Coalition Camp but no interaction from Drake at all - no missing supplies and definitely not a sign of romance anywhere.

What I'd like to do most is go back to the start of Dragonspear, fix whatever is broke and then try again. I definitely DON'T want to have to restart BGEE.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    There is probably a global variable that you could change in EE Keeper.
    It would be worth having a look.
    @ Wise_Grimwald I've looked already but couldn't see an obvious global or local variable. I may take a guess and go with C0DrakeMatch whiuch is currently set at 1 - maybe 0 or 2 indicates a romantic match is possible.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2020
    That would be wrong to change the number to 0 or 2. Breaking it down:
    IF
        InParty(Myself) -> You are in the party. 
        Global("C0DrakeMatch","GLOBAL",0) -> Romantic Match not determined possible before.
    	CheckStatGT(Player1,15,CHR) -> Your Charisma is greater than 15.
    	!Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL) -> You aren't evil. 
    THEN
      RESPONSE #100 -> This Happens
    	SetGlobal("C0DrakeMatch","GLOBAL",1) -> Romantic Match possible.
    END

So you want it at 1.

Instead check these globals:
    Global("C02DrakeTalk","GLOBAL",2) -> Regular Talks, see what number it is at.
    Global("C0DrakeMatch","GLOBAL",1) -> This is already at one.
    GlobalGT("C02DrakeFlirt","GLOBAL",1) ->If this is at 0 or unitialized, you've not indicated interest.
    !Global("C0DrakeTalkStopped","GLOBAL",1) -> Definitely make sure this is at 0.
    Global("C02DrakeRomance","GLOBAL",0) -> This is your conversation option one. I'd check to see if it's at 0 or uninitialized.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Skitia I used EEKeeper to check my first save game after I picked up Drake in the Elf song. I found ....

"C02DrakeTalk" -> 3
    "C0DrakeMatch" -> 1
    "C02DrakeFlirt" -> 1
    "C0DrakeTalkStopped" not present
    "C02DrakeRomance" not present
    Is your reputation 10 or higher? According to the conditions list, that is required to get C02DrakeRomance present and set to 1.
    Wise_Grimwald
    My reputation is 20
    edited February 2020
    @kiwidoc "C02DrakeFlirt" -> 1 needs to be 2 or higher, then it should trigger the timers to start and the romance variable to exist.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Skitia Thanks muchly. Just spotted this on my way to bed, and I am very pleased to say it worked :)
    Wise_Grimwald
    I'm at the Coast Way Crossing - done the Coast Way Forest and most of the small quests - but not the actual bridge, nor the second level of the dwarven dig. I've still only had 2 romance talks - when should I be expecting the third?
    There are two more from what I see that are non-friendship, but closer to the end/before chapter 12.
    @Skitia

Thank you for troubleshooting issues I really should be looking into myself. I hope this isn't caused by a fundamental flaw with my scripting - though it very well may be. I'm going to have to take a look at the mod.
    edited February 2020
    It's actually not an issue with your scripting/dialogue per say, you have it set up so certain lines increase "C02DrakeFlirt" by 1, so the player needs to select at least two of them. If anything, you may want to add more ways to do it so players are less likely to fail.

You're welcome for the troubleshooting help, though. It's actually good for me to practice reading other people's code and find the solution career-wise, so the opportunity was beneficial to me anyway, so I didn't mind looking into it.
  • KeiawynKeiawyn Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    Hi! So I'm jumping back into SoD after almost a year-long break and I am trying to make sure I don't muck up my Drake romance. I've gotten to the Coalition Camp and received his quest to find the missing supplies, but so far there have been no real romance talks at all. Is that normal? His C02DrakeFlirt is set to 3, so I think I'm on track?
    My main concern is I don't have a journal entry for his quest. I can't remember where I'm supposed to look for the missing supplies - can someone remind me? I've just left the Coalition Camp and can't remember if he mentioned which area to go to.
    Thanks! Great mod, btw. :)
    Post edited by Keiawyn on
    edited February 2020
    I would check:
    That reputation is 10 or higher.
    That Global("C0DrakeMatch","GLOBAL") = 1
    That you didn't tell him to stop talking.
    And that Global("C02DrakeRomance","GLOBAL",0) is greater than 1.If that's all true you should be fine.

There is no journal entry created by the mod for the quest (Though @AionZ might want to consider adding one.) I think there could be one more romantic talk added to, so a players get some clue in that they are progressing.Their is a bit of a pause until the end of chapter 11, which can make someone uncertain what the state of things are.