Skip to content

Toolset with non-blocking windows?

I thought this was added a while back, where you could have multiple windows open and/or non-blocking. I thought it was an optional setting, but can't find it. Maybe I'm mistaken and was just looking at their trello or is there an ability to enable this in current build ?

Everytime I make a code change, I have to close editor, test and then re-open my files and find my place. Is there any better work flow besides using external editor?

Comments

• There's an optional setting for having multiple areas open in tabs, but I can't recall any for non-blocking windows.
  • dimecoindimecoin Member Posts: 15
    That's what I was thinking. That is working nice, glad they added it. Wish the work flow for code editing was a bit smoother though. :)
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    We created custom scripting for our server that allows PCs to exit windows (rogues to use from outside to in), window locks, peeking through windows and listening too - but it is all custom stuff, so possible but rather involved processes. :smile:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020
    GM_ODA wrote: »
    We created custom scripting for our server that allows PCs to exit windows (rogues to use from outside to in), window locks, peeking through windows and listening too - but it is all custom stuff, so possible but rather involved processes. :smile:

The OP is talking about the actual Windows that open in the Toolset when you use one of the tools on the Tools Menu, like the Script Editor or Conversation Editor. They were asking if those Windows were ever going to be non-blockable so you could have them open and still edit an area in the Toolset. They weren't looking for a script to use windows in the game.
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    The toolset was designed with every dialog being modal, it would be very hard to untangle all of that without causing lots of bugs. Unfortunately, for the time being, with the resources available, it is not possible.