Skip to content

Bg2 2.6 patch

2»

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    as i understand baldurs gate got rebuilt at some point between 2nd and 5th edition. so even then areas we saw in bg 1 and sod may not even be there anymore.
    ThacoBell
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    jsaving wrote: »
    As the game largely takes place in Baldur's Gate, it would be strange if none of the city's locations were included. There will most likely be lots of "Easter egg" BG1/BG2 references in the same vein as DOS2's "Easter egg" DOS1 references, though none of them will be needed to understand BG3's story.

We also know that based on BG3's timeframe, just about all the demihumans from BG1/BG2 would have survived into BG3 and hence could appear as NPCs in the game. It's even rumored that Minsc will be one of the game's "origin" characters, perhaps kept alive by a heretofore unmentioned hamster ability, though we have no confirmation of that (or really anything else) from Larian at this time.

They may do something like what was done in Dragon Age Inquistor where players can input their role-playing choices from the 2 previous games which then adds some flavor in your Inquisitor playthrough. I hope they do something like this anyways, I think there is enough flexibility to account for any major choice that your character made in BG1 and BG2. For example, even if you decided to ascend into godhood, that character would only be a minor god and that has little impact on the world.

Plus I'm sure Noober Jr. or perhaps Noobette will be part of BG3
    Pokota
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    ArthasII wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller Where are the blurring crap and outline options?

Also, isn't the UI at that resolution bad? I remember people complaining that UI quality didn't scale to higher resolution.

I play the game on a 3440x1440 ultrawide in native.

Under options ->graphics:

Enable - Scale User Interface
    Disable - Sprite Outlines
    Enable - Nearest Neighbor Scaling

the game looks MUCH better on a monitor like mine with these settings, at least to me, YMMY
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wolfguardianwolfguardian Member Posts: 7
    So about this, i noticed on the steam's beta patch tab "a road to 2.6" anyone know of a way to see patch notes?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    So about this, i noticed on the steam's beta patch tab "a road to 2.6" anyone know of a way to see patch notes?
    I think that if Beamdog will start a public beta in terms of a 'road to 2.6' I think we will see the patch notes when they release the news for that beta test (including the password for the beta-branch on steam).

I think it is a good idea to start a public 'road to' patch process again. Although I would recommend a bit of expectation management from Beamdog to the beta testers in terms of procedure, time frame, planning, what can we comment on, etc.
    ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We'll share the details soon. Stay tuned! And please don't use that build yet.
    StummvonBordwehrReticent