Skip to content

Text Messages and Characters - How do YOUR companions text each other?

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
What do you think your favourite character's texting style is? You know, give Tiax or Aerie or Mazzy a phone, and teach them to text... what do you think their text messages would look like?

I feel like Imoen would be one of those people that dumps emoticons all over her messages, and also sometimes replies with .GIFs.
Meanwhile, Khalid's texts would be very neat, very tidy, properly punctuated... and he'd freak out if you didn't reply right away. "Are you okay?" "Where are you? Do you need someone to talk to?" "Do you need me to call you a taxi?"
JuliusBorisovmonicoZaxaresGrond0Timbo0o0o0Aerie

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    I like to think Keldorn would use texting to stay in touch with his wife while he's away adventuring with me!

"Yes Dear, I'll pick up a gallon of milk on my way home. Back with you in a sec, I've got to help Charname kill this dragon..."
    monicoJuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    None of my characters would be able to text because the party thief would have stolen all their phones and sold them on the black market.
    monicogorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    If Edwin and Korgan had phones, then I would sure feel sorry for Mazzy and Viconia, what with all the... errr... unsolicited pictures they would be receiving...
    monicoZaxaresJuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    seeing his stance about magic i am pretty convinced that valygar would refuse to take the phone and probably leave the party.

edwin, a super intelligent red wizards of thay agent, would probably hack the other party members cellphones infecting them with a keylogger that send to the red wizards central all their messages.

jaheira would probably also refuse it seeing it as a not natural artifact, but i am not so sure about it.

the other npcs probably would put it in their backpack and never use it, why they should text people that are very close to them when they can actually talk to them?

any way the cellphones would only work trough a bluetooth connection as in the fr there is nor internet nor a cell phone net, and if it is not possible to charge their batteries with some electricity based spell, that more likely would destroy the phones, once the battery is gone they would become useless, no way at all to recharge them.
    JuliusBorisov
    bip bip
    "my wings have been clipped :( "

bip bip
    "nature's servant awaits"

bip bip
    "snjk4&*7fErW"
    ???
    then i hear minsc shouting: "boo, i told you a million times to don't touch my cellphone!"
    monicoJuliusBorisovZaxaresNeverused
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Xan would be the person who just posts "*sigh*" in their status or in messages and then never elaborate, or just say "nvm" when you ask what's wrong. :P

Ugh, yeah, Xan would totally be the King of Vaguebooking. Then, when he does reply, it's just a "k". And if you ask him what's going on, he's just going to go, "There's no point in discussing this, you wouldn't know what to do.".
    gorgonzolamonicoJuliusBorisov
    @Grond0 you are so right!
    thieves rule :D
    Grond0monicoJuliusBorisov
  • monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2020
    Aerie wrote: »
    Nalia sends ppl death threats

i KNEW it !
    Balrog99JuliusBorisovZaxares
    Keldorn doesn't have time to text his wife.
    :D
    this is genius!

semiticgoddessAerie
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

"KAREN IF YOU SEND ME ONE MORE MLM REQUEST I WILL END YOU! I WILL END YOUR FAMILY! I WILL END YOUR FAMILY'S FAMILY!"

i cud see tiax being really annoying and fat-fingiering things and not useing proper punctuation or spelling and when hes getting defensive U CAN TELL BECOS HES USING ALL CAPS

Quayle would just be the text message equivalent of a message board jerk.
    Aerie
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    monico wrote: »

i KNEW it !

She also gave an anonymous tip to the guards in the Government district, something to do with Jan Jansen's flashers.
    monicoSCARY_WIZARD
    She wants to have him jailed because they are in competition for the role of party thief.
    Yesterday she texted to my charname: "hey, remember that there are potions of thievery, that can stack, but there is no potion of magery and i am one of the best mages in the game".