Comments

• _Noober__Noober_ Member Posts: 6
    What's that big weapon for?
  • _Noober__Noober_ Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2019
    93. Noober is strong.
    [Deleted User]
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Just started a new halforc barbarian and got a freaking 95 on the 2nd roll. I almost fell out of my chair. Just started SOD with him after destroying BGEE. And I used all the tomes on him.
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrDragonspear
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    My best roll was a 96 with 18/00 Strength for a human blackguard in The Black Pits 2.
    [Deleted User]Gusinda
  • SedaSeda Member Posts: 33
    Por ahora 95
    [Deleted User]Gusinda
  • TelcontarTelcontar Member Posts: 12
    99 for an evil human berserker, albeit with auto-roller.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]
  • blinkdogblinkdog Member Posts: 32
    Lets see... all my characters I have a personal rule I accept no less than a 92 and have to get all the tomes in BG1, but the highest roll I got was a 98 Elven Beastmaster who, to the day, is my favourite character. And yes, we did get those tomes. My other favourite was a 95 Elven Wild Mage, and that was... less squishy that normal.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

For a barbarian:

ck9xhf837jo6.bmp

For an Undead Eliminator (modded kit) with plans to dual to a cleric:

atx2fabe309o.bmp
    [Deleted User]
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    Back when I had the original discs (actually I still do), I had 101s-103. I think a 105. But I could spend a long time rolling. I wouldn't take a 101 with a poor str, and I wouldn't take less than a 101 on a pally.

On the ee, I think my highest is 94 or 96, but I've had a high frequency of 90+. Just never over 94.

If I cheat, to save time, I check down to 101 or 103.
    [Deleted User]
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited April 2019
    Had an Icewind Dale human vanilla bard with a 97. Went for the ol' 18, 18, 18, 18, 7, 18 trick. Wisdom dump stat, hooray!

Also got a 92 with an 18/00 Strength once, that was pretty sweet. Cleric/Ranger. He was a bit *too* good.
    OrlonKronsteenThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • VseslavVseslav Member Posts: 9
    My best roll ever is 100 for half-elf blade. I am going to test is soon during full saga play through.
    StummvonBordwehrOrlonKronsteen
  • WitchfinderWitchfinder Member Posts: 26
    I've gotten a 102 or 103 on a paladin, but I think the one I got just now is the luckiest. It's for a fighter. Not only is it perhaps the highest I've ever rolled a fighter, look at the strength (second time ever that I've gotten it)

88padnswdge3.jpg
    StummvonBordwehrGusindaOrlonKronsteen
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    My best was a 92 on an Archer with 18/00 strength...which wasn't quite useful for her, but would have been amazing if it happened on a different fighter.
    Gusinda
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Not my best roll but quite nice:
    GusindaOrlonKronsteen
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I rolled a 96 on a human thief, just the other day...

... and then I threw away 9 of those points, because what I really wanted from the character was Imoen as the protagonist. Sure, I could have given her 18 strength, but that wasn't the point.

(95 or better on a human thief: one in 27500 displayed rolls. No autoroller for me, either.)
    Grond0OrlonKronsteen
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    I used to roll long time for the perfect 18/00 roll on fighters but later realized that it is not that important. Because of the spell Strength. So now I am happy with anything in the range 18/50 to 18/99 as Strength sets it up to 18/00
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    98, but I wasted time and energy I’d like back. Next time I’ll just cheat if I want to power play.
  • lemarin83lemarin83 Member Posts: 9
    95 on a totemic druid. Just wanted to try out this kit, and immediately fell in love with her. She even looks so damn self-assured in her portrait. :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    just rolled a 98 on a paladin recently

6wa0r8wojejz.jpg

although i believe my best roll ever ( which was in BG EE ) was a 99

my best roll ever in vanilla was a 97
    OrlonKronsteen
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @sarevok57 , I don't know if it's too late, but what was the /xx on that Strength score? I rolled a 98 paladin once, and the Strength was 18/07. I could just hear the muted trombone go "wraah, wraah, wraaah."
    OrlonKronsteensarevok57
  • lemarin83lemarin83 Member Posts: 9
    A question. Some people mentioned things like "great roll for a pure fighter". Do different classes get different rolls?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @lemarin83 in a way. The dice are rolled in the same way, but any results that don't meet the required minimum stats for different classes and races are discarded. That means that characters with high minimum stats will on average get higher die rolls - it's far easier for instance to get a high total roll with a paladin than a straight fighter because you're guaranteed at least 17 for charisma.
    ThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @sarevok57 , I don't know if it's too late, but what was the /xx on that Strength score? I rolled a 98 paladin once, and the Strength was 18/07. I could just hear the muted trombone go "wraah, wraah, wraaah."

18/47, so might as well have been 18/01 hahaha
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Elf Ranger is similar- between the class and the race, the minimum stats are 13/13/14/8/14/8
    ThacoBell
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    In detail, rolls are done as 3d6 in order, apply race/class adjustments, then silently discard anything that doesn't meet race/class minima and a total of 75. It's that "siliently discard" step that accounts for the differences; a human paladin will discard about a thousand rolls on average before giving one that you see, while a human fighter will discard about 20 for each visible roll. I've posted a chart of how likely high totals are with the possible race/class combinations somewhere.
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    2kj7yijf57tt.png
    z5l99tng2qer.png
    Grond0OrlonKronsteensarevok57StummvonBordwehr
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    thespace wrote: »
    101 point stalker!
    (Image)

Wow, I'm using this exact same portrait for my halfling cleric/thief. It's a great portrait.
    sarevok57
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Got a 101 once, thought there’d been a glitch that it was a three figure number
    StummvonBordwehr