Skip to content

Cloakwood Mines: Something I've never done

I;ve flooded the mines and spared the miners, I've flooded the mines and killed the miners. But what if you just....don't flood the mine? I know you miss out on XP and rep boost or hit; but what consequence to the game? anything?
monicoCalmar

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    From an RP point of view, killing Davaeorn but not flooding the mines or releasing the miners would leave an intact and profitable mining operation. A good-aligned party could free the miners then put them in charge so they are now working for themselves, a druid protagonist would shut down the mine, and an evil-aligned party could take over then skim the profits every week.

Did anyone ever get a count as to how many people you kill if you flood the mine with the miners and guards still inside?
    Aerakar
  • HempzHempz Member Posts: 15
    Did anyone ever get a count as to how many people you kill if you flood the mine with the miners and guards still inside?
    No guards actually - they're all slain in the name of Bhaal. And the slavers... They "have no purpose but to die by my hand".

monico
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    There are a couple caveats on not flooding the mine. If you recruited Faldorn or Yeslick, they won't be happy with you, and they'll leave the party. The time limit on that is short enough that it's not a good idea to head back to the Friendly Arm to raise a fallen party member.
    My current run (just completed this bit) has Faldorn long-term, and recruited Yeslick just for the flooding.
    AerakarArcalianmonico
  • dracsidiousdracsidious Member Posts: 18
    I followed the journal entries for the main quest, role- playing, as a young, innocent, but insightful boy. This lead me not to flood the mines after being duped into killing Mulahey. Unfortunately, listening to that old man, on my way to the FAI, caused me to keep to myself. Deranged or desperate, he'd said. He also says, a tenday on the road without decent conversation. Strange, people seem to be out and about. I should avoid them, maybe they are nuts. This mindset, if held to, leads to a chapter 8. You skip the whole Sarevok senerio however. Some think it's a bug. I believe it's a part of the game that is able to be unlocked. You are just being given a glimpse. Pay attention to everything, even the critters.
    Danacm
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I followed the journal entries for the main quest, role- playing, as a young, innocent, but insightful boy. This lead me not to flood the mines after being duped into killing Mulahey. Unfortunately, listening to that old man, on my way to the FAI, caused me to keep to myself. Deranged or desperate, he'd said. He also says, a tenday on the road without decent conversation. Strange, people seem to be out and about. I should avoid them, maybe they are nuts. This mindset, if held to, leads to a chapter 8. You skip the whole Sarevok senerio however. Some think it's a bug. I believe it's a part of the game that is able to be unlocked. You are just being given a glimpse. Pay attention to everything, even the critters.

I have never heard of that. Do you have any proof for your theories?
    Balrog99Aerakar
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82

You are a fascinating person. Please tell us more.
  • SelerelSelerel Member Posts: 172
    I started writing notes about each new playthrough a little while ago--

1. True Neutral Avenger - Flooded it (avenger druid...)
    2. Neutral Good Wizard Slayer - Flooded it, everyone was probably just telling me to do it so I did it...
    3. Lawful Neutral Cleric/Mage - Did not flood it, figured it's a good source of iron production in a region that definitely needs iron
    Aerakar