Skip to content

Custom Portraits Issue (Android Version) [Solved]

CityracetCityracet Member Posts: 8
So, the custom portraits I'm using are not appearing on the of the game screen. They do, however, appear on the character detail screen. Is there a way to fix this? All the portraits are 210 by 330 and are .bmp. The naming convention I have used is '00X.bmp', for example '001.bmp'fpndz0hvjf35.png
Post edited by Cityracet on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Cityracet, for naming convention, you need to name the files xxxxxxL.bpm and xxxxxxM.bmp. The L is shown in the character sheet and the M is shown on the sidebar. Also make sure that they are 24 bit images.

I am assuming that you have 4 custom characters here and Imoen as an NPC, and not a problem showing NPC images.

Have a look here for some info. @JuliusBorisov created it to talk about IWD but just change the context to BG series. It also uses 169x266 as the medium image but the program scales so 210x330 is great.

I use 210x33 for M and 420x660 for L and a maximum of 7 characters in the file including the M/L. If I use the same image for both, I make a copy and place the M or L at the end of of the file name.

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
  • CityracetCityracet Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your help with this. I tried every solution presented in that guide. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, I still have the same issue. Are there any other solutions or forum topics I can look at?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2020
    That instruction is outdated (as highlighted in the last post of the thread). Please check out https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77446/how-to-use-custom-portraits-bg1-bg-ee-bg2-bg2-ee-iwd-iwd-ee-iwd2/p1
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Gusinda
    That instruction is outdated (as highlighted in the last post of the thread). Please check out https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/7461/how-to-use-custom-portraits-bg1-bg-ee-bg2-bg2-ee-iwd-iwd-ee-iwd2/p1

I've clicked that link before, but it says discussion not found.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Sorry, fixed the link.
    I finally figured it out. There must be some kind of bug with Paint. Once I saved it in Paint3D, it finally worked. This is despite the fact that I made zero changes.
    GusindaJuliusBorisov
  • RienRien Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem but I couldn't solve it. Can you tell me how you solved it?