Skip to content

How do character deaths effect the game?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Aside from being a minir inconvenience warrenting either a run to the temple or an immersiin breaking reload does in-game death have any impact on character progression, party banter, stat-rolls, etc?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    You don't get any experience when dead I'm pretty sure.

If the killing blow takes you to -10 hitpoints or lower then you're dead forever, so you've gotta be careful with ogres and other heavy hitters.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    Death can break NPC romances.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Grond0 wrote: »

It actually shouldn't. Unless your romance interest got Petrified or Imprisoned (and thus removed from the party).

And the part about Petrification and Imprisonment (and dismissing an NPC from the party) only affects vanilla romances, not EE NPCs.

"For the original romances, if you kick them out of the party your romance will end.

For the new romances, you can kick them out and re-recruit them to your heart's content without worrying about any change to your relationship status." https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25917/question-about-neera-bgee-romance-and-all-romances-i-guess
  • ShangerooShangeroo Member Posts: 84
    Grond0 wrote: »

It actually shouldn't. Unless your romance interest got Petrified or Imprisoned (and thus removed from the party).

And the part about Petrification and Imprisonment (and dismissing an NPC from the party) only affects vanilla romances, not EE NPCs.

"For the original romances, if you kick them out of the party your romance will end.

For the new romances, you can kick them out and re-recruit them to your heart's content without worrying about any change to your relationship status." https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25917/question-about-neera-bgee-romance-and-all-romances-i-guess

It doesn't break romance, I tested it with Viconia. I let her die prior to fighting Kangaxx so I could get the 55K xp all to myself and the romance continued after resurrecting her.

• monicomonico Member Posts: 571
    edited March 2020
    Shangeroo wrote: »
    It doesn't break romance, I tested it with Viconia. I let her die prior to fighting Kangaxx so I could get the 55K xp all to myself and the romance continued after resurrecting her.

That, kids, is how you romance a drow >:)