Skip to content

Unable to Exit the Nashkel Mines - Soldiers block exit

FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
Here is what happened:
  1. When I first entered the mine, I was not aware that there is an entrance to Mulahey's cave in level 4 and I proceeded to exit level 4 so that exit is blocked.
  2. Second time, I defeated Mulahey, and I forgot to loot things. It was night time and I was able to exit the mine through the front exit to return to Nashkel. The middle soldier stood far from the exit.
  3. Of course, realizing that I didn't loot Mulahey and cannot complete quest, I reloaded the chapter 3 start auto-save, which placed my characters right outside Mulahey's cave. I re-entered the cave and looted Mulahey. Remembered that I can safely rest in the cave, I did so. Then, when I attempted to exit the mine, the soldiers were back in front of the mine entrance and I cannot get out. I tried to re-enter the mine and rest until night, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
  4. I reloaded the chapter 3 start save again. This time I did not rest in the cave, and I can exit the mine as usual.

At least one other person encountered this issue on this forum, but it seems to still be there.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've seen this once before too, but I haven't been able to repeat it. There's a back exit from the mine just outside Mulahey's cave. It puts you in a wilderness area just outside Nashkel. If you can use the console and don't consider it cheating for bug fixing purposes (a sound position to hold) you can CTRL-J to teleport your party past the guards.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @ThacoBell , I think he said part of his problem was that he already went out the wilderness exit, which makes it collapse. So that's not an option for him any more in his current game state.
    ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you're on PC, enable the console and then use either CTRL-J to teleport or just pick an area from the list of areas you see when you open the console in-game and travel there.
    ThacoBell
    @ThacoBell , I think he said part of his problem was that he already went out the wilderness exit, which makes it collapse. So that's not an option for him any more in his current game state.

I'm confused. I thought the whole issue was that they couldn't leave the mines.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »

I'm confused. I thought the whole issue was that they couldn't leave the mines.

He exited on the bottom floor at the wilderness exit, collapsing it, then realized he had not looted Mulahey to start the next chapter. He circled around and went back in at the front entrance. After looting Mulahey, he rested in the cave.

When he looted Mulahey, rested, and returned to the front entrance, one of the guards had repositioned to his original position, blocking the exit with that line of three guards that blocks it before you first got permission to go in. He was trapped with no way out.

He reloaded a save where he looted Mulahey without resting, and was able to exit as usual. The bug seems to be tied to resting in the cave after having already exited at the bottom exit and then returning and entering in the front.
    JuliusBorisovmonico
    I see, don't know how I missed that. I thought they just reloaded. Luckily, in the EE just killing Mulahey will get the chapter started.
  • FQVBSinaFQVBSina Member Posts: 39
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I see, don't know how I missed that. I thought they just reloaded. Luckily, in the EE just killing Mulahey will get the chapter started.

Yes and I think that is part of the reason why I forgot to loot him at all. I only realized it when I tried to hand in the quest and couldn't. I read about it and realized I need a cross from the loot
  • MachoGrandeMachoGrande Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2020
    I just experienced this same thing, very first time playing through the enhanced edition.

Well I tried exiting the mine again and this time the guards weren't in the way. Very strange, never seen this in the non-enhanced edition game after many many playthroughs.
    Post edited by MachoGrande on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited July 2020
    Cres in areas move to the coordinates which are given under "destination" in NearInfinity when the party rested. There is "position" which is the ones they are on originally, and "destination" they will move to once the party rested (maybe also if a save is loaded I'm not sure).
    For most cres, both cordinates are the same.
    The Nashkel mine soldiers in front of the exit have the "block way" coordinates in both entries, hence they will return there as described.
    I wouldn't know a way to solve this other than to add the "move out of way" script every time they are talked to after the PC got permission to enter the mines.