Skip to content

Weidu for Mac Installation Clarification

Hi,

I've downloaded Weidu and want to install it. From what I've read, I need to copy "Weidu" App from the the Weidu-Mac folder. However inside the folder I have the following files:

bin Folder
amd64 Folder
mospack File
mosunpack File
tispack File
tisunpack File
weidu File
weinstall File

x86 Folder
mospack File
mosunpack File
tispack File
tisunpack File
weidu File
weinstall File

examples Folder
lib Folder

Firstly I'm guessing I need to copy "weidu" from the bin/x86 folder? Secondly, do I need the other files/folders, if so do I have to put them anywhere special?

Thanks a lot
All the Best
Dave

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Yes, looks good but can't see a binary anywhere? Also is there any documentation?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "game" folder, do you mean the BG App Package in /Applications or the Data Folder in the Library folder: com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/data/documents/ ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks, it's actually in the Contents/Resources folder. I couldn't see a link on your post?

I was going to ask where have how to install mods next, and also could someone recommend a good one to start with? I'm mostly looking for additional quests.

Thanks again for your help.

All the Best
    Dave
    I've looked high and low for the thread you mention but can't seem to find it, nor can I find a way of searching the forums for it. If someone could point me to it I'd be very grateful. I think I've got everything setup ok, but I'm not sure where to place the Mods after downloading.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited March 2020
    The same folder where your chitin key was, just drop all the unzipped mods there.

I mainly mod NPCs so can't promote myself (But feel free to play them if you like!) but @LavaDelVortel has great quests in their thread, often with new areas. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69321/mod-list-lavas-released-ee-mods/p1