Skip to content

What other games you playing right now?

ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
edited October 2012 in Off-Topic
I recently got IWD1&2 from GOG as I couldn't wait for some D&D long enough till BGEE release date. Also downloaded Black Mesa for free and thats another great old game that got a revamp (its half-life 1).

Other thatn that BF3 and Skyrim are sitting on my PC on the slow burn, after many hours investment. I like to mix game types for fast/slow action.
HaHaCharade

Comments

• GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Think there was another thread on this already but here goes. Currently playing(on a rotation or based on my mood) Skyrim, Witcher2, NWN 1 & 2, Morrowind and now that i found a stable DOS emulater i'm playing all the original silver and gold box D&D games from my collector set. Also play Bejewelled 3 when i need an rpg break or hoyle cards ;-/. I'm semi retired and obviously have WAY too much time on my hands hehe.
    ginger_hammerTeflon
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
    I'm playing mass effect 1, 2 and 3. Female Shephard and going renegade style. ;)
    sandmanCCLMedullaOblongata
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237

I'm playing mass effect 1, 2 and 3. Female Shephard and going renegade style. ;)

Enjoy :-). I've tried a few times to play renegade and i just can't. I keep reverting to goody-twoshoes mode and end up a few points short of a saint lol.
    kamuizinhansoloMedullaOblongata
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Some BG2, some Half Minute Hero and a lil bit of Minecraft, as well as FTL and Rise of Nations... gosh darn it, all the games are so addicting, I need a life ;_;

WAIT A MINUTE, I got a life, right @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud? XD
    sandmanCCLTeflon
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Cheesebelly: Get off that PC! D:

Nah, just kidding. :p

I'm currently switching between the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim and Torchlight 2 (which can be really addicting at times!)
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Torchlight 2, and going through Anachronox for old times sake.
    @ekster: Oooh! Glad to know there's someone else obsessed with Torchlight 2! Which character are you playing? I got a female Berserker called Brenna. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2012
    I'm playing Crusader Kings 2, and I'm waiting on Mass Effect 3 to arrive likely sometime tomorrow or thursday.
    MedullaOblongataGreedySadist
    @elminster: Mass Effect 3? Ouch...
    edited October 2012

@elminster: Mass Effect 3? Ouch...

Yea it had a bad ending I'm sure, but considering I'm buying it at less than half the cost that others bought it at 7 months ago I can live with myself.
    @elminster: Well, I hope you'll still enjoy the game. :)
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    currently focus on replaying final fantasy xii and Dragon Age origins. Hopefully I will finish both before BGEE's release.
    ginger_hammer
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Currently on Icewind Dale 1 but also got my SNES Emulator queued up... Some Chrono Trigger and Seventh Saga never hurt anyone.
    ginger_hammerFigrutMedullaOblongata
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Skyrim, started a wizardly run. Wondering if anyone could bring themselves to kills Paarthurnax? I just can't do it, no matter how much I like Max von Sidow.
    semiticgoddess
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I'm playing all of them! But I'm mostly enjoying my meleeing outlander right now.
    Wiggles

Skyrim, started a wizardly run. Wondering if anyone could bring themselves to kills Paarthurnax? I just can't do it, no matter how much I like Max von Sidow.

I did it quite willingly. Mostly because I just like shooting things with lightning bolt. But I played when the game first came out so they've probably reduced how effective its stagger can be.
    Moomintroll
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    F1 2012
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Mostly other RPG's.

The Infinity Engine ones:
    Icewind Dale, Classic Adventures (a mod using the BG2 engine to recreate a series classic PnP adventures all in one game) and I started Planescape Torment but it fails to captivate me. Everyone says it's awesome, but I've just escaped the Mortuary, standing on the city square, 'I feel stronger' and now I just keep hesitating, not knowing how I want to level the Unnamed One, what class and stats, playing IWD instead.

Other franchises:
    Fallout 3 and Dragon Age:Origins (wonderful games, but I find 3D perspective tiring to the eye and play it only few and far between, it over-stimulates my senses too much). Also Drakensang - the Dark Eye, but I've only just finished the introduction story and am now at the point where the main plot will kick off, but again, it's one of those keypoints in a game where I keep forestalling continuing.

RPG/Strategy crossover:
    Heroes of Might and Magic IV and V. I like V for the visuals, I like IV because the heroes are actually ON the battlefield, fighting it out, just like in an RPG, with a real chance to die and the challenge thus to keep them alive.

RTS:
    Company of Heroes, but it's another game I'm forestalling. I have to stop an armoured attack on Carentan with my paratroopers and feel afraid of the onslaught - my senses get easily overwhelmed like I said (due too my mental disability, medication helps only part-way, if I'd choose more numbing by upping the dose, I'd turn into a zombie)

ginger_hammerkamuizin
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    @Son_of_Imoen - I played all the HOMM series and are good for that type of game although the latest one with ubisoft drm kinda sucks. Fallout series obviously very good too, and Dragon age was a blast. Company of heroes was fun I remember back playing it, the sequel was just announced recently on steam too.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited October 2012
    @Elminster I haven't noticed any stagger on lightning bolt, does/ did it have any?
    Edit - Ah, I think it's a perk.
  • Hor89Hor89 Member Posts: 118
    Notebook - Neverwinter Nights 2; Witcher 1;
    Big PC - Shogun 2 : Fall of the samurai; Dishonored;
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    @Hor89

As someone who has never played a TW game before, I adore Shogun 2. I wish Steam wouldn't track the hours played because it is downright embarrassing how much tome I've devoted to it.

After BGEE got delayed I went on an RPG binge playing both Dragon Ages and KOTOR. Since there is another month to go I might play through the Quest for Glory series, which just so happens to be on GOG since I know all of you are super interested. http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/quest_for_glory
    @Moonintroll yes it is a perk.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389

some Half Minute Hero

@Cheesebelly I think we have similar taste in oddball games. HMH is awesome! I just got stuck on it. Couldn't figure out how to get all the stuff out of whatever map it was last I played and it was before I had regular access to a web browser.

Currently, I'm playing Dishonored. Guild Wars 2 should theoretically be in my rotation but I haven't actually logged in for awhile. I also am a permanent on-again, off-again Dota 2 nerd. The only other game that is somewhat on rotation for me right now is Rocksmith, but that's mostly because I use it to practice guitar. It's not really a "game."

Honestly the last few weeks, I've just been hanging out at this store called Game Haven, playing M:TG with that crowd. It's been really rewarding. Besides the fact I've managed to score more money's worth of cards than I've spent, it's just nice to interact face-to-face with people. I've also been assembling my Space Marines. I think I've got all of my Dark Angels army all assembled. Gotta do my Chaos Marines now, then time to prime, then time to paint. Can't wait. I'll definitely be posting my figurines on here once they get painted.
    edited October 2012

just finished vampire; masquerade bloodlines, just starting amnesia; dark descent.

I cannot play amnesia. I got maybe 3 hours in and was like F*** this. Too freaky for me.
    semiticgoddess
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    CS:S, UT99, Borderlands via LAN on weekends.

Gotta play my FPS's to get that fix outta in order to build up my addiction for BG:EE. Had to uninstall my BG & BG2 in order to not get tempted... XD
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited October 2012
    Sleeping Dogs - liking it.
    Borlderlands 2, which came as a bundle with my new Geforce 660Ti - hating it.
    Legend of Grimrock - yes, still not finished it and i'm not in a hurry - liking it.
    Civilization 5 Gods&Kings - a few games here and there.
    Icewind Dale - encountered a bug that prevents ice salamanders from recognizing my killing of slave rebels, which discourages me from finishing the game.
    Also want to finish the latest addon to Tropico 4, but cant bring myself to that at the moment.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Baldur's Gate 2, with my ex-solo F/M/T character, finshed adding Anomen for romance, korgan to piss of Anomen, Nalia cos i don't play an entire gameplay with her for a long time, gonna add Haer'Dalis by sure to the party and Cernd (to see some banters with Anomen and him, if they exist).

Outside that i'm playing Legend of Dragoon for psx, final fantasy III Snes version (VI in psx) and Dead Island, that became a bit boring in the Jungle by the way.

But i'm staying only a few times on those games, so hardly i will end any of them atm.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I have forbidden myself to play any Baldur's Gate game until Enhanced Edtion comes out, so naturally I have other game to play. Here's the list of games I play recently:
    - Fallout 1 and 2
    - Diablo 2 and 3
    - The Witcher 2
    - Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
    ginger_hammer