Skip to content

EE Keeper deleted all my Savegames ;((

SenoSeno Member Posts: 6
hi guys
I just installed the program. when i was to insert the installation path of baldurs gate2, he deleted all my savegames O.O
i could even see that he deleted the folder.
They are completely gone, they are not even in the trash folder
does anyone know the problem
;(

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i have never heard of ee keeper deleting save games

if you are using windows go into "documents"

then go into the "baldur's gate II enhanced edition" folder

and inside there, there should be a file that says "save"

did ee keeper delete that? if so, that is very strange
    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I would be willing to bet that EEKeeper's preferences are wrong or pointing to the wrong folder. If anything, that program goes out of its way to keep you from losing data.
    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    yes, it by default change the save game name when you save, so loading the save game xxxx you save with names like xxxxedited01, xxxxsdited02 and so on each time you save.
    also by default it don't load the auto and quick saves.
    to change both the things you have to fiddle with the EEkeeper settings.

also it should not change in any way the saves you don't load in it.

if you don't see the saves in EEkeeper you simply have in it the wrong path to the save game folder.
    if you don't see the saves from the game then something very strange has happened, something i never heard about before.
    and as i strongly doubt that EEkeeper can erase the whole save games folder i suppose that you did it somehow trying to install EEkeeper.

please report here if you can see and load the saves from the game and also if you can see the folder in the path suggested by @sarevok57 so we can provide you more assistance.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm thinking its a bot. There's another thread with the exact same issue copypasted, but the program "causing" the trouble is apparently SoD.
    gorgonzolajsaving
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I'm thinking its a bot. There's another thread with the exact same issue copypasted, but the program "causing" the trouble is apparently SoD.

What would be the point of a bot starting a thread in a forum?
    gorgonzola
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Watching EEkeeper take command of one's computer in order to delete saves from both their normal location and the trash is a strange claim no matter how you slice it.
    gorgonzolaBalrog99
    also the account was created some years ago and has posted before, even if only 3 times, i don't think that he is a bot, but a real bg player, that has deleted the folder doing something strange trying to install eekeeper or simply panicked when he failed to set the right saves path in eekeeper so does not see them from that program.

and if he really lost his saves for some error he did i am not happy for him...

if he is not a bot will post again and report us about the results of what @sarevok57 and i have suggested to do. we will see.
    Balrog99sarevok57jsaving
    edited March 2020
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »

What would be the point of a bot starting a thread in a forum?

Its happened more often than you'd think.

@gorgonzola "and if he really lost his saves for some error he did i am not happy for him..."

That'd be pretty impressive, since they claimed that SoD already deleted all savegames on install before this thread went up.
    Balrog99
    @ThacoBell can you please send me a link to that tread? i gave a look at the SoD section, that i usually don't read as i don't want to be spoiled about the game when i will buy and play it the first time, but the only thread that could fit with what you tell is from an other user, and also going to the profile page of the OP i can not find it, having him only 4 posts is fast to check them.
    possibly that thread has been deleted, like it usually happens to the threads opened by bots, and i can not find it for that reason.
    it is completely possible that that thread was deleted by an other moderator, as i suppose that @JuliusBorisov , that surely has read this one, would have deleted it if he was the one to delete the other.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Being the one mainly in charge of spambot hunting here, I am pretty sure that @Seno is a real user and not a spambot. I have never seen a spambot go dormant for 4 years and then come back.

I would suggest everyone be very careful of publicly accusing others of being spambots. If you are wrong, it could be very offensive to new/infrequent users. Please use the flag feature if you think something looks suspicious. The moderators will take care of it if necessary, I assure you.
    ZaghoulgorgonzolaThacoBell
    @gorgonzola If you can't find it, it must have been deleted.
    gorgonzola
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so i've just done some investigating and it looks like Seno is german ( all their other posts are in german and were about if german language type stuff was going to be added to the EEs by the looks of it )

so now my guess it that when they used EE keeper perhaps there was an error in the languages were EE keeper was set to english perhaps and Seno's games were set to german and that may have messed some things up?
    gorgonzolaTresset