Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

123457»

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited March 2020
    Awas73 wrote: »
    Thank you Beamdog. This came at a great time. Hopefully this restored some faith in you that others didn't seem to have.

As far as I'm concerned no. It came way too late. If the next module is released close to the same time on GoG, Steam, and Beamdog client that'll show some good faith. It'd also help if they keep mobile up to date so players aren't stranded from playing on their desired servers.

I am, however, glad that others finally get to play it. It's a great module and my second favorite after Darkness over Daggerford.
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    I'm in the Zhental ruins. How do I cross the various islands?
  • PhantasmaPhantasma Member Posts: 79
    You generally don't, but exiting and re-entering the area gives you access to a new section of the area
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    edited March 2020
    Oooh! just bought this! 5GB? that's a big scenario.
    Now a conversion of the old AD&D classic scenarios please, like the Gothic ones Straad the vampire et al.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Xorina most of them have already been converted by the community. Just look on the vault.

TR
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Thanks to everyone @Beamdog for finally releasing this module on the client. I realize the preceding chapters of this adventure series have been on the vault for a long time already. I just wanted to say that it would be a real treat if the original author of the preceding modules and the devs could work out a deal to give them the same EE treatment that TotM received. Wishful thinking on my part. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    edited March 2020
    @Xorina most of them have already been converted by the community. Just look on the vault.TR
    Ah, but I do not know how to add them as modules. [edit] ah nevermind I found instructions here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/0/1626286205687011593

Adding modules would be easier to all Enhanced Edition titles if Beamdog named the game folders by the game instead of cryptic numbers!

I see with the 1.8 patch that occlusion shadows no longer have the huge performance hit as before, though oddly, only 800x600 screen res is available now? [edit] My bad, it was the Lenovo G505 laptop screnres, once launched on an external VDU it was back to normal with high res to choose from.

Post edited by Xorina on
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Xorina Just making sure here but what you said about numbered folders set alarm bells ringing. Do not put anything in the BeamDog folders other than the actual BeamDog Games. All user made content (at least as far as NwN is concerned) goes in your Documents/Neverwinter Nights folders/sub-folders. Failure to do this can lead to problems. At best you can loose the user made content when NwN is patched. At worst, on very rare occasions, it can crash the game.

If you are having trouble installing user made NwN stuff and you are on windows, why not give the Neverwinter Nights Mod Installer Tool - NIT a try. It will semi-automate the process for you.

TR
    If you are having trouble installing user made NwN stuff and you are on windows, why not give the Neverwinter Nights Mod Installer Tool - NIT a try. It will semi-automate the process for you.

TR
    @TarotRedHand - will give that a go, jolly good.
    Awas73 wrote: »
    ... It's a great module and my second favorite after Darkness over Daggerford.
    So far unimpressed with the introduction story video stuttering it has and it's ludicrous difficulty (even on 'easy'). So Daggerford remains the best so far after the Original NWN story. Wendee Lee's ipeccable cut glass Aribeth voiceacting is a highlight (*) in addition to Jeremy Soule's lush, Cinemascope-70mm orchestral score.

(*Am British VO myself so yes her RP delivery is spot on)