Skip to content

Stuck on Tales of the Deep Gardens mod

paralajeparalaje Member Posts: 1
Been trying to get the yellow colour but I just don't see what I have to do. I checked online and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
1 - Killed red wrath
2 - Talked to "Troubled man" about his favorite color (yellow)
3 - Talked to "Man in yellow" and I don't get any option to lure him to the red cave.

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Make sure that after the Troubled Man told you about Yellow you ask him when was the last time he saw Yellow and after he tells you about the Man in Yellow, tell the Toubled one that you will talk to the one who has the Colour you seek.
  • Tomato9999Tomato9999 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2015
    lol i played this mod for first time yesterday

After playing it I realized that sometimes fan-based stuff is much worse than the game developers stuff

In other games, (particularly civ4, civ5, starcraft 2, and EU4) its the other way around

Still a great mod, but like any major vanilla quest is much better done. Like the sphere

In short, theres no way you could finish the tales of the deep without consulting the internet or spending a day trying to figure out some silly mechanics the developers had made. And youre stuck in that place, so its not like you can just walk out and leave. Moreover, you probably had other things you wanted to do before you got teleported to that riddle-hole

and on top of that, the developers insist on keeping many things secret about the walkthrough. WHich I think is arrogant of them, as they seem to think their mod means more than the whole game. Their motto is basically "figure out for yourself", which is great, but isnt so if you look from the perspective of mine which is basically "you wasted my saturday doing stupid stuff please help me get out of here and explain to me what this does and I have grown tired of all this mystery"

I mean if I was in jail and had years of free time just walking around, thinking, and trying to solve puzzles for almost no gain at all then maybe this mod would be great

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    I may be arrogant, I don't mind, as well as I know most players had no problems in solving the riddles and I guess everything depends on what you expect from games in general. BTW, not sure if you realized, but in the very first line of the mod you are informed that you should finish other urgent stuff before you start the quest and you can tell the mage that you will return to him later :) AND I included the short walkthrough in the mod's directory in case someone needed an advice or two :)
    Cheers!
  • stepbergstepberg Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2020
    Can you help me find Senex? I cannot find any person with that name and I don't know where else to look. :(
    edit: NVM, I couldn't see or find the door but now I found it finally. :)