Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition 1.80 Patch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition 1.80 Patch is out for Windows, macOs & Linux, and it’s a big one!

⏩Major performance improvements
?Pathfinding improvements
⚒️Toolset / Tileset updates
?Customization features
?And more...!!!

Patch notes.
KamigoroshiStummvonBordwehrthemazingnesshook71AedanleeuxLudwig_IIPrince_RaymondJFKOld_Githaarionn1130210mlnevese

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Is that fancy renderer now in?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Is that fancy renderer now in?

It's still being worked on. We're progressing.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition 1.80 Patch is out for Windows, macOs & Linux, and it’s a big one!

By Windows you mean Steam? Or do you mean GoG and Beamdog Client too?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

By Windows you mean Steam? Or do you mean GoG and Beamdog Client too?

It's being uploaded to the Beamdog Client and we're working on a GOG build.
    themazingness
    edited March 2020
    Oh wow, NWSync finally has a reverse process (the new UI allows you to Delete server data you have downloaded). Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @JuliusBorisov
    Can we expect anytime soon patches for bgee series?
    Parys wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov
    Can we expect anytime soon patches for bgee series?

The 2.6 patch is still in development. It's happening, but no ETA.
    ParysAedanAaeby
  • zittozitto Member Posts: 4
    Logged in to tell you guys how awesome you are. Keep showing this game love, it's worth it (to me anyway!!!). I've toyed around with the DM client and some scripting, but have been on the fence on whether to dig in deeper. I just fell off.

Seriously excited - thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 2020
    @JuliusBorisov Going through and re-attaching my DLC after downloading the patch and found there was also an update for Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown and Pirates. I have also got a small (compared to recent ones) update for the development version as well. Is this a bit odd?

TR
    Wow, this came through on GoG already. I'm impressed. Please continue to do this. I hope Android gets an update soon too (don't own it, just want it for those who own it and to have some faith restored in Beamdog).
    @JuliusBorisov Going through and re-attaching my DLC after downloading the patch and found there was also an update for Infinite Dungeons, Wyvern Crown and Pirates. I have also got a small (compared to recent ones) update for the development version as well. Is this a bit odd?

TR

The patch notes mention fixes for the Premium Modules. The dev version - there are changes between the last dev version and 1.80, and most likely the dev version updated till the latest version (which is similar to the live build now).
    Wow, this came through on GoG already. I'm impressed. Please continue to do this. I hope Android gets an update soon too (don't own it, just want it for those who own it and to have some faith restored in Beamdog).

We made sure the update was released for all PC stores during the same day.
    themazingness
  • DokhtorVeeDokhtorVee Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the continuous support of the game. Looking forward to each patch that brings us closer to more 2da customization and the new renderer.

Keep up the great work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • polakopolako Member Posts: 1
    Hi, the GOG Linux version is still with the old patch (79.8193.5).
    How can I play the new patch on Linux?

Thanks
    polako wrote: »
    Hi, the GOG Linux version is still with the old patch (79.8193.5).
    How can I play the new patch on Linux?

Thanks

Please contact GOG about that. It's up to them to build those offline installers.
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    The keyholing bug needs fixing - well not a bug, but having to type in a console command each time to disable it is wearisome.
    Ctrl - Shift - F12 and access our Config menu, scroll down til the keyholing section, set everything as you wish, scroll up, Commit. You don't need a console command for that.
    XorinaAaeby
    edited March 2020
    Ctrl - Shift - F12 and access our Config menu, scroll down til the keyholing section, set everything as you wish, scroll up, Commit. You don't need a console command for that.
    @JuliusBorisov Ah! Does this need to be performed each launch?

No, as long as the settings file in Documents- NWN is allowed to be changed and saved by your Antivirus.
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @Xorina The config pane of the debug menu is the best place to go for the most options. Personally I leave keyholing off, but toggled on with TAB with a really big radius.

Without the console command or the Debug menu, you can still go into your keyboard shortcuts in the controls menu and set one for Keyholing, so that you can turn it on and off whenever you like.

It may be the case that the console command does not get remembered into the game's settings.tml, but the other two options should. I'll check on the console command since you've mentioned it.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited March 2020
    Symphony wrote: »
    @Xorina The config pane of the debug menu is the best place to go for the most options.
    @Symphony Debug Menu? I don't see that on the startup. Tried Ctrl-Shift-F12 at the menu screen and nothing happens.
    No, as long as the settings file in Documents- NWN is allowed to be changed and saved by your Antivirus.
    @JuliusBorisov I have a Settings file in Docs, but can't open it as it's a TML file.

All this shoeleather is an odd oversight. Not all PC's allow the Ctrl-Shift-F12 workaround. Moreover, to new purchasers what kind of impression would this make upon starting the game?
    Keyholing is a bizarre and useless effect and should be off by default.

A tml file is just a formatted plain text file. While I don't recommend that you do so, you can right click/open with/choose another app and select whichever text editor you want to open it.

TR
    edited March 2020
    Xorina wrote: »

While I can see how this would be aesthetically displeasing to some, it is far from useless. I prefer to play zoomed out a lot of the time (situational), and this feature has made that work much, much better. Before keyholing, I was forced to zoom in whenever the scenery was in the way.
    @Xorina I don't know anything about your setup, but among the hundreds of people I've told so far about CTRL + SHIFT + F12, the only people with issues so far were either not in 8193 yet, or, had an issue with their F keys being F keys, since certain computers and keyboards remove them and give people function lock keys or other substitutions.

The debug menu opens at the top at any point in the game (except maybe mid-movie, I think), so main menu, or during play, it's always right there.

As far as useless keyholing, you don't have to take too many steps deep into the NWN:EE community to find two people standing next to each other, playing together, one of whom thinks that Keyholing is a complete waste that should have been spent on other features, while the other thinks that keyholing is the only thing Beamdog has put in the game so far that actually made the game better.

You can substitute keyholing for main menu splash, or NWsync, etc, but, just bear in mind that even amongst your peers if you have any opinions about whether Beamdog should or shouldn't have added something, there's a small army ready to tell you you are wrong. I don't think you're wrong, I think you have personal preferences, which is fine by me.

However, I do think that keyholing is better than 2nd story tile fading, which looks best when a lot of work is put into slicing the meshes, often ruining them in the process, and taking a lot of modeling time (if someone making models even makes them 2nd story tile fade compatible, most people do not), and even at its best, still looks potentially more unattractive than keyholing.

Fortunately for you, while others benefit from this feature that was originally designed for mobile, you have some 5 ways to turn it off and pretend it never happened.
    anastielthemazingnessXorinaJuliusBorisov
    edited March 2020
    @Symphony, Talking from building experience, unfortunately keyholing can make the game unplayable where it kicks in on walls making switches unclickable. Then there are the holes in the landscape ground level where it kicks in behind the player going downhill. For me, if it had worked in the same way that it does in Divinity: Original Sin 2 I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. As it stands it really needs to be able to be turned on and off via scripting.

TR
    Xorina
    edited March 2020
    ... Before keyholing, I was forced to zoom in whenever the scenery was in the way.
    I see what you mean, yet scenery wouldn't obscure if the auto hide second storey tiles/foliage, etc worked to auto remove objects directly in front of the camera?

Moreover one of Keyholing's complaint perhaps it is 'Fourth wall' and ruins immersiveness for newer players. It looks like a bug to anyone that's never heard of it. I was astonished upon discovering it on patching to 1.8, and thought that I'd discovered a bug, so I searched online trying to describe what it was called, eventually I discovered what it was called and why it exists. It may be useful but the default should be off with a toggle switch in the menu.

edited March 2020
    Fortunately ..., you have some 5 ways to turn it off and pretend it never happened.
    What are those 5 ways?

I think one or two have been mentioned but have no idea what they're talking about. Debug menu? Nope, no such option on startup, unless you mean the key below escape that brings up a sort of DOS prompt (console?), which I use to type KeyholeToggle (capitals important), but that's laborious, there should be a setting in the visual menu that remembers settings.
    edited March 2020
    Fortunately ..., you have some 5 ways to turn it off and pretend it never happened.
    What are those 5 ways?

I think one or two have been mentioned but have no idea what they're talking about. Debug menu?

Pressing ctrl + shift + f12 opens up the debug UI. It doesn't scale properly, so on certain settings it's all cut off and unusable. It really is in an alpha state IMO, and shouldn't be considered final, but I get the impression it is because it is on live builds (probably so people can change settings like this if they dig deep). It is really obscure. Basically the only people that know are patchnotes readers, people who have stumbled on it in forums, or people that had to fix the bugs that adding that menu created. It really needs to be less obscure. Also, it conflicts with screenshot shortcut keys (GoG and Steam set that to f12, and only Steam can be changed in settings) so be prepared for screenshots you don't want.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    Xorina
    edited March 2020
    Press ctrl + shift + f12 opens up the debug UI. .
    Alas on my Lenovo G505 laptop this does nothing, hence why I use the console(?) key to enter the off command every.single.time I launch and play NWN... :|

themazingness
    Press ctrl + shift + f12 opens up the debug UI. .
    Alas on my Lenovo G505 laptop this does nothing, hence why I use the console(?) key to enter the off command every.single.time I launch and play NWN... :|

Wow, yeah, they really just need to make this accessible through the options menu or something.
    Without the console command or the Debug menu, you can still go into your keyboard shortcuts in the controls menu and set one for Keyholing, so that you can turn it on and off whenever you like.

It may be the case that the console command does not get remembered into the game's settings.tml, but the other two options should. I'll check on the console command since you've mentioned it.

You can also open settings.tml in notepad and change graphics.keyholing to enabled = false. This is the document that is "Did it save between game starts!?", it's a text document like the .ini files.

Without knowing how to access your function keys with that laptop, a situation I would probably not enjoy playing Bioware's Function-key focused game, the debug menu and a lot of other gameplay elements will be harder to access. I would not discourage you from finding out how to use your function keys, that's something you should figure out for your enjoyment of NWN and the rest of your computer operations.

Changing the "with-tooltip" to "true" allows you to only have keyholing on while you press tab, which could be helpful if you inexplicably keep clickable non-static placeables between you and the camera, so that the game looks normal (Read, no tilefade) until you need to see (keyholing).

While the noise filter might be a little unrealistic, since every time I watch myself go out for a jog in RL I don't have tree branches demilitarize so that I can see myself better, if the "Everything Glows" button is some included immersive experience for you, like Survival Instincts or Eagle Sight or some other madness, your definition of "immersion" is very different than mine.
    JuliusBorisovthemazingnessXorina