Skip to content

Wee bit of a problem with Mairyn and the ranger stronghold, and the Android console

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
The specific problem is that sleeping in the ranger's house after helping Imnesvale didn't summon the spirit. However, the next problem is a bit more vexing. The console in this Android version doesn't seem to want to cooperate with commands. I'm using a BT keyboard, and it works in the text box, but every command results in [string "<what you typed>"] I did check that I am using an upper case C, though I have tried lower case c and even the fully CLUAConsole: - nothing seems to make it work right.

From my research, I should be able to summon the spirit directly with C:CreateCreature("RSPIRIT1"), except for the aforementioned problem. What's weird is that it sometimes works anyway - I was able to rescue the De'Arnise keep quests by summoning the keep runner.

Barring getting the console to work right, is there any other way to fix this?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A BT keyboard, while it might work, is not guaranteed to work (as it's not officially supported for our games).

It's odd that old bug hit you - it was present in the 1.2 version, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/28851/ranger-stronghold-forest-spirit-mairyn-is-mia

I think you might try attaching the zip of your save so that us, PC players, could help you.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    My game is so heavily modded, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. However, I can give it a shot.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Update: Ok, for reasons I can't explain, I was able to fix this. I tried another console command to fix something else, noticed that it actually worked, then went back to Umar Hills and tried again. Weird, but now my party has finished the ranger stronghold.

I do wish the Android version console was a bit more robust, but hey, it got me through this time.
    Gusinda