Skip to content

The Party That Never Was (possible minor spoilers)

I recently posted about the characters you can get in your party and who to have and who to leave out. You find it here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/78981/who-makes-the-cut-possible-spoilers

It got me thinking about some of the other amazingly written NPCs you meet during your adventure that could have also been interesting characters to travel with TNO. So here's my shortlist.

Alais - A clueless Prime berk who is a self proclaimed 'warrior of great renown'. I feel he's like a classic fantasy knight who got blasted to Sigil by an evil wizard. Would have been a change of pace to have someone in the party who is just amazed by everything and keeps misquoting bits of planar knowledge.

Mantuok - sure he's a snivelling alcoholic so and so but he's also a wererat wizard with an evil book that talks to him. Would be a great addition to an evil TNOs party.

Ebb Creakknees - old Ebbs a thoroughly helpful bloke who used to be a crime fighter back in the day. I reckon he could still rough it with the best of them and tell a few old stories along the way.

That's just my initial thoughts. Of course their stories would need to be expanded to give them reason to want to go through all the challenges ahead of TNO, but it's the character concepts and the potential of these NPCs that grabbed me.

Feel free to comment or add your own ?

Comments

• CyehCyeh Member Posts: 11
    I'd throw Ebb away - he fits the scene too much to be interesting. The rest two look awesome to me. Candrian could be cool. Rogue/Mage with permanent concealment and a lot of stories to tell.

How about Trias? With both dark/light side options?

Lady Thorncombe? Spoilt, vain, possibly hot. Although not extravagant enough, I guess.. Maybe Vrishika? With a useless in combat slave to preserve balance?

Someone from the Blood War would be nice. Two lizards from the bar? With a noir detective quest line? Would be better if they were trolling each other, but they're too lawful.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I actually kinda wish that Deionarra could have become a part of the party again (and it wouldn't be the first time she's traveled with them either!), although obviously that would give away a HUGE part of the plot's mystery. But assuming it could be done, my guess is that she'd be a ghostly Bard of some kind.
    themazingness
  • Gamey_JamieGamey_Jamie Member Posts: 22
    Can't agree enough with the two abishai from the Smouldering Corpse @Cyeh . They already have history with TNO so would be interesting to hear more about his eviler past exploits.

And Deionarra is a great shout @Zaxares would need to carefully tease out some info from her as the game went on until you're about to go to the *last place* (trying to avoid spoilers!) where she reveals everything she knows.
    Oh and Candrian - 100% yes!
  • Dyzmen22Dyzmen22 Member Posts: 9
    Coaxmetal
    Gamey_Jamie
    Haha @Dyzmen22 that's a great shout! Would he be the Planescape version of a mecha-suit warrior? Would just literally run over enemies. The party would still get attacked by thugs in the hive though, even with a 40ft siege tower trundling along with TNO and the gang :D
    Oh another thought - although he's not in PS:T would Haer'Dalis the tiefling from BG2 be a shout? He's from Sigil and there isn't a recruitable bard at the moment. Would be a good crossover character.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Evil Construct Wizard :p but would be a shame to have another Evil Wizard alongside Ignus.

Another ranged character would have been great, Xachariah(?) The blind archer sounds really interesting.

An Abashi or something would have been sweet.