Skip to content

[MOD][BETA] Tome and Blood: More Options for Wizards and Sorcerers

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »
    I wish you implemented a "spells recharge over time" component.

There’s already a mod for that. The only way to do it is with Opcode 261, which is broken and hard to work with. It works fine for low-level spells (Level 1 Cantrips) but I’m not interested in making hacky crap for higher levels, which would anyway step on the toes of igi’s mod.

Igi's mod?
    ashkyn
  • DrackolusDrackolus Member Posts: 10
    Draconic sorcerers aren't receiving the AC bonus for me, even on an otherwise completely clean install.
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    FYI the latest github master/release has a misnamed weidu setup file. Setup files is named setup-might_and_guile.exe instead of setup-tomeandblood.exe. Easy manual fix but something to probably fix on the git
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2020
    Hm when my sorcs try to use identify the game crashes. And it doesn't let them do it from the menu either. I have the identify change add on.
  • solaris232solaris232 Member Posts: 2
    Futhermore, as having permanent bonuses update requires some additional modification to the relevant game files, permanent bonuses introduced via mods will not update the character's spell slots.

*copied from the PDF*

Let's say you have gotten an update from a mod (let's say your intelligence went from 18 to 19 but to no effect for additional spells), but then afterwards apply the tome of clear thought (and went from 19 to 20), are your new additional spells calculated as a 19 or 20?
    On a side note, is this the same for additional spells from wisdom for a cleric?
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @solaris232 , haven't touched that code in a while but I remember putting a lot of effort into making it robust. I believe what happens is, when you gain a permanent bonus (e.g. via a Tome or the Machine of Lum the Mad), the effect 1) removes all temporary buffs to that stat (including those given by gear), 2) removes any existing spell slots granted by this bonus, 3) gives you your +X bonus to the stat, 4) recalculates based on the new value and grants them. I can offer further clarification if needed

Spell slots take into consideration ONLY permanent bonuses to your stats (and, in fact, will only take into consideration permanent bonuses that are granted through specific items/events that I coded into the mod). Casting level for Sorcerers *is* affected by temporary changes to Charisma, however.
  • Richard_RobertRichard_Robert Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Hi, I wanted to use arcane crafting from this mod as well as the extra sorceror kits. I used EE Mod Install Tool to install this with EET and a number of other mods.

I made sure to install everything correctly with no conflicts and it all installed smoothly, the installer says it has been installed correctly.

I see the new kits but the arcane crafting options are not listed in the mage description as I've seen them before.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You'll probably get better responses over at the Gibberlings 3 forum. The mod's author has moved there for continued support.
    Richard_Robert
  • Richard_RobertRichard_Robert Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    You'll probably get better responses over at the Gibberlings 3 forum. The mod's author has moved there for continued support.

Thanks for the heads up! Also, very nice name thAC0Bell hahah clever
    ThacoBell
    Thanks! Its only a matter of time until the younguns don't get the joke!
    Richard_Robert
  • sarkocremesarkocreme Member Posts: 3
    Is there a table somewhere that shows the bonus spells for each attribute level?
    edited May 2020
    @sarkocreme, here you go:
    ndl8isf8ld8t.png
    GrammarsaladAdam_en_tiumGusinda
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited August 2020
    Is there a way to exclude the bonus spells from the Shadow Adept kit that AionZ has in Shadow Magic? The Shadow Adept already gets bonus spells for high INT from that mod and the bonus from this mod stacks on top giving tons of spells.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Any way to get it working with Baldurs Gate with Dragonspear? When I install the mod (multiclass sorcerer) (no other mods installed), the strings for the Multiclass are all wonky and it looks like things are breaking.
    Wolfheart wrote: »
    Any way to get it working with Baldurs Gate with Dragonspear? When I install the mod (multiclass sorcerer) (no other mods installed), the strings for the Multiclass are all wonky and it looks like things are breaking.

It does work with them. Something must be wrong with your installation. Make sure you're on the latest release, that the install order is good, and you're modding on a clean install.

The thread on G3 is the best place to ask questions is over at the thread on G3. This site has been abandoned by the mod.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Messed up strings sounds like you need.to run modmerge to unpack SoD.
    Grammarsalad
    southfla79 wrote: »
    Messed up strings sounds like you need.to run modmerge to unpack SoD.

Only if they use the Steam or Gog versions.
    edited September 2020
    I created a Favored Soul in BGEE and find the Anticipation cantrip (I made it innate) casts and immediately ends instead of lasting the 3 rounds it says. The icon flashes on my character portrait for a fraction of a second. Of course I get no bonus to AC.

EDIT: Found the issue and fixed it with Near Infinity.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Does the ability buff to spells affect level of cast?
    Seems that way as my second level Favored Soul is casting two magic missiles. I am getting the bonus spells per level as noted, but was not expecting the spell level boost.
    Sorcerers get fewer bonus spells but get a bonus to caster level (+1 at 16, up to +4 at 25) from Charisma.
    Necromanx2
    I installed the ~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #67 // Choose-Your-Own Familiar: 0.8.54 component and am able to select my familiar.
    When I talk to my familiar I get the SoD dialog instead of the familiar dialog.
    16ayq5bhm9hu.png
    [spoiler/]
    ThacoBell
    edited September 2020
    One more thing. I notice that multi=class NPCs added by mods in my BGEE game are not benefiting from the bonus spell slots for high ability scores. Same Weidu log as I attached 4 messages before this one.
    EDIT: Not sure if single class mod NPCs are impacted as I don't have any installed on BGEE.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Necromanx2
    The mod's author mainly discusses his mod on Gibberlings3.
    ThacoBellNecromanx2
    @Endarire , that's like 50% true at this point. I, the original author and the OP of this thread, respond to forum posts when I have free time (this waxes and wanes). subtledoctor, who is the one who has been providing most of the recent updates, only responds on G3, and issues with more recent components should be brought up there. Hope that helps.
    ThacoBellNecromanx2
  • MrBaquanMrBaquan Member Posts: 42
    Are those Sorcerous Bloodlines kits still in existence? Seems like the kits have changed quite a lot since the original post. Also, are Dragon Disciples supposed to have different breath weapons? I created a blue one and it had nothing. Finally, multiclass sorcerers seemed to install successfully but I can't see it as an option when creating a character. Not sure what's going on there.
    @MrBaquan
    Ensure you're using the latest T&B version from this thread.
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2021
    I'm not sure how to use Arcanist. I select my spells fine, but when I go to play the main game, I only get one of the spells to show up, and I have like 10 of them available.
    Post edited by Wulcy on
    @Wulcy
    Ensure you're using the latest T&B version from this thread. Also, ask people on this thread (mostly subtledoctor) how best to handle things.
  • RelentlessImpRelentlessImp Member Posts: 2
    MrBaquan wrote: »
    Are those Sorcerous Bloodlines kits still in existence? Seems like the kits have changed quite a lot since the original post. Also, are Dragon Disciples supposed to have different breath weapons? I created a blue one and it had nothing. Finally, multiclass sorcerers seemed to install successfully but I can't see it as an option when creating a character. Not sure what's going on there.

Are you making them on a valid race? As far as I can tell you can only do it on races that are, baseline, valid to select for Sorcerer (Half-Elf, Elf, Human). You have to select Fighter/Mage or Cleric/Mage and click Done, and it'll open up kits for those, with Fighter/Sorcerer and Sorcerer/Cleric as options.

Speaking of which, I came here to ask something related: if it's possible to create some form of compatibility with Tweaks Anthology's "Multiclass Madness" option (Everyone can multiclass everything); I don't get the kits on many races (Half-Orc, namely).

Also is there supposed to be an option to go Fighter/Sorcerer/Cleric? Cause I can't seem to get that to pop up if there is. As a side note, going Fighter/Sorcerer and then changing to Fighter/Mage/Cleric without changing the kit in EE Keeper works perfectly fine, but I'd love to be able to do so without EE Keeper; namely because that workaround continues to highlight scrolls and give options to scribe them into the spellbook, since it still reads it as a Fighter/Mage/Cleric (though whatever scripting to keep Sorcerers from scribing scrolls works perfectly, so I can't just increase my spells known via scrolls, which is good).