Skip to content

"Friendship" mods

Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
Hey dudes.

I just started up my second run through of BG2EE. The NPC project from BGEE has me spolied, and I wanted to give some NPCs I plan on using a little more depth and player interaction. After coming across a few "friendship" mods, I figured I'd give them a shot. Specifically, I downloaded one called "Imoen friendship", and "Mazzy friendship". Pretty straight forward names, but before I get too far into the game, I wanted some clarification from others who have used these mods in the past as to whether or not these mods are lore friendly, in-character, etc. I don't want to ruin my experience with Mazzy because of a lame mod.

Thanks!

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Those from SHS are great. Not sure what to tell you more. I really like Yoshimo Friendship. I myself created La'Valygar mod which give him some more talks, BUT I won't tell you if they are good or not as judging my own mods would be "bleh". And I just don't know.

So there are:
    • Yoshimo Friendship
    • Imoen Friendship
    • Mazzy Friendship
    • Viconia Friendship
    • Sarevok Friendship
    • La'Valygar
    All may be downloaded at SHS. All excluding Valygar (I already said why I'm not judging this one) are of high quality. Kaeloree really made sure only well written content was released.
    CaszidyThacoBell[Deleted User]
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Characterization is always subjective. If it's worth anything, the mods are all written by authors relatively well-known back in the day, and not just some no-name amateur writers like myself and I would recommend them.
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Perfect, that's pretty much what I was looking to find out. Thanks guys!
    ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    These mods are wonderful, complement the characters of the NPC. I would like the mod "Friendship with Jan", this is my favorite NPC and talking with him is always not enough :) But there is no such mod.
    [Deleted User]
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    ArthasII wrote: »
    @AionZ which one do you enjoy the most ?

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but just to give my two cents, the Yoshimo friendship is easily the most enjoyable for me. I think it adds a lot to his character, and it's written really well (although I will say the dialogues are a little longer, and the PC tends to have more options than original Bioware dialogue, which tended to only have one or two PC responses)
    [Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I can vouch that the Minsc, Mazzy, and Sarevok friendship mods are good.

There's also an "All Things Mazzy" in development. It will eventually include an optional romance. But currently it has a good friendship/banter thing going. It also gives her more quest interjections. Mazzy is more likely to actually do something or voice her opinion about evil acts, so be warned in advance if you try this one. Its a personal favorite though.
    [Deleted User]megamike15
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I’m the editor and partial co-writer of Minsc-IEP so it’s obviously the best.

I can’t say for Viconia because she’s one of my least favorite party members. But I’ve played with the rest plenty of times. Some people seem to dislike Imoen-IEP for whatever reason but I think it’s fine.
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2020
    yoshimo's is very good. my only issue with minsc's is all his talks would go off to fast. it might be due to my banter timer mod but i swear i got all his talks over the course of like 2 hours.
    AionZ wrote: »
    I’m the editor and partial co-writer of Minsc-IEP so it’s obviously the best.

I can’t say for Viconia because she’s one of my least favorite party members. But I’ve played with the rest plenty of times. Some people seem to dislike Imoen-IEP for whatever reason but I think it’s fine.

i just think it's not as interesting as her talks in the romance mod. and i have gone through imoen friendship like twice and none of her talks grabbed me.
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Just tried out the Viconia friendship mod
    It was so-so - It did not exactly feel right - Viconia does not have to happy and sunny when you become her friend but if you romance her it is difficult, stressful and a bit nice but the friendship mod makes her abrasive as if she hadn't spent any time here on the surface and as if we did not know each other from before - and for me it does not flow well with what we know of her persona from the romance - so overall it is so-so.