Skip to content

Neera issue

i'm playing for the first time and tried looking for a fix online but i haven't found anyone with this problem, there were similar ones but not the same. basically i cant talk to neera, my character approaches her and they just turn and stare at each other. the only way to trigger a convo is to kick her from the party and then she approaches me to say she'll be at the inn, oddly enough while she's in the inn waiting i can talk to her just fine, it's only an issue when she's in the party. i can talk to everyone else just fine and have no other issues, i tried killing and resurrecting her but the problem persisted, restarting the game didn't help, starting a new game didn't help either. i don't have the other companion, edwin i think is his name, which i read can cause issues when meeting her. the meeting actually went just fine. i do have mods installed so that might be the cause, yeah i know it's not the best idea to mess with mods on a first playthrough but i rarely replay games so i wanted to get the most out of it, i can post the list of mods i installed if needed. i've thought about reinstalling the game but i'd rather leave that as a last resort. thanks for reading.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Is Neera trying to start a banter, or are you clicking the little talk icon on action bar? In vanilla, your party members don't have anything to say by force talking them.
  • ZactopsZactops Member Posts: 3
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Is Neera trying to start a banter, or are you clicking the little talk icon on action bar? In vanilla, your party members don't have anything to say by force talking them.

i have a mod installed that makes it so i can talk to them, probably bg1npc thats doing it, just switched to a vanilla game earlier and noticed that, perhaps the mod doesnt or wasnt affecting her. ill look into more details about it now
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    BG1NPC Project does not add to the EE NPCs.
  • ZactopsZactops Member Posts: 3
    jastey wrote: »
    BG1NPC Project does not add to the EE NPCs.

thanks my man i spent the last 20 minutes trying to find something online to prove that
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    If you want more Neera content there is Neera Expansion (adds Dialogues and in romance case also player initiated dialogues) and Neera Banters (adds banters between Neera and other NPCs).