Skip to content

MISSING — Unfolding Tooltip

Is it possible to bring back unfolding tooltip scroll back? While sound of "paper unfolding" is still there, once your cursor is over an item the tooltip just pops out. Very :neutral:

And while there is neat little mod that brings up aesthetic quality of BGEE tooltip scroll to that of BGEE2, still this minor but very awesome feature is out of our (or at least my) reach.

Old devs where really magi in this sense, with such an eye for a detail. Even the smallest one. Well, Saga is what it is because of all of that, I guess.

Thanks a lot if anyone could help and point me on how to solve this petty "problem" of mine. Cheers!
AndreaColomboKilivitzlefreutFaalagornJuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is now filed or Redmine: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34819
    Axie
  • AxieAxie Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2018
    Thank you for that entry @JuliusBorisov!

What really surprised me (from that link of yours) is this:

Notes:
    This is marked as fixed in #22885 but it's actually not fixed.

Does that mean we can "forget" about it to ever be addressed in future or not, is unsure, but certainly doesn't look promising.

If more people would post about it, that might help — and I am sure there are a lot of people who appreciate this kind of "little" details that make IE games what they are.

(Also, if someone can post a link to a good mod that fix this, would be appreciated, as I can't find that old one for the life of it.)
    After 4-5 months, hopefully community wont mind be bumping this topic. We all want that paper to unfold now, don't we? :blush:

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34819 — “bug” can be followed here thanks to great @JuliusBorisov — cheers!
    JuliusBorisovAndreaColombo
  • Dyzmen22Dyzmen22 Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    tenor.gif

Yeah, I would love to have the unfolding tooltip back too. I'm sure there were reasons for why they removed it, but it's a little thing that adds a ton of flavor.
    Axie
    B U M P
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Beamdog are faithful stewards of this classic gaming franchise. They care about the IP, and want to shepherd the tech stack into the 21st century by addressing long-standing bugs and engine issues.

They care about the player experience.