Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Sounds like it might be time to start a new BG1 run if I want to pick up Mazzy in BG2...

Question- any suggestions on races and or classes? Am I missing out on something if I pick the wrong thing?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Sounds like it might be time to start a new BG1 run if I want to pick up Mazzy in BG2...

Question- any suggestions on races and or classes? Am I missing out on something if I pick the wrong thing?

Nope. Our romance/friendship is open to everyone. We decided it was stupid that it's essentially impossible to romance anyone if you decide to be a dwarf :smile:. You'll get some different dialogue and options depending on your race/gender and thieves will have to make some harder choices, but no one is shut out. Just make sure your charisma is at least 12 if you don't plan to be a halfling.

Honestly, the biggest difficulty in romancing Mazzy is being evil. I would recommend neutral to good :)
    Gusinda
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    @Ratatoskr I've just installed v1.049 on EET via Project Infinity and it installed but with the following warnings:

EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for _bClara: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "_bcla25.dlg" doesn't exist in game

This is after a bunch of other mods, let me know if you want my WeiDU.log or SETUP-ALLTHINGSMAZZY.DEBUG.
    I get the same warnings for @LavaDelVortel's Wilson mod.
    I do not get any warnings installing on BG2EE, even with the same set of mods (excluding EET).

Any idea why?

Can this be fixed in the new version? Even if it is harmless, it requires manual intervention to get the (hours long) PI install to continue, so it would be a great QoL fix for EET+PI users.
    @jastey since you know much more about coding/EET than I do, I figure I'd ask. Do you know what causes the above EET error and how to fix it?

Clara isn't meant to have bg1 content
    since you get her during the Hexxat quest but the transition sounds like something that should be fixable. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Ratatoskr
    I'd assume you need to move the call of the EET_NPC_TRANSITION further down in your tp2, it needs the NPC's dialogues and scripts to be compiled already because it patches to them.
    Thanks @jastey. I think I figured out what I did wrong.

@Atherakhia If you want to send me your tp2 file, I can try to fix it for you and send it back. I think I've changed it properly on my current mod version, but that file is so different than the last version that it would not install for you. (The tp2 is the file called setup-AllThingsMazzy inside of the AllThingsMazzy folder.)

However, if you send me your tp2 file, I can adjust some things and send you back what you need. It should be fairly straightforward to fix. You'll just need to uninstall AllThingsMazzy and replace a couple files.
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    Sent, thanks!
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2020
    Huh brief question regarding the evil content.
    If I'm uh...romancing Sarevok does it make a difference? I just want my Bhaalspawn to have an appropriate murder option for Viconia touching her things:wink:
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    aww I was half looking forward to using the murder knife :(

:D and yay new one.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Super excited for this. You guys are awesome!
    Caszidy
    Gotta break that Mazzy curse!
    Timbo0o0o0Caszidy
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it only took a complete shut down of society to finally break to.
    CaszidyThacoBell
    I guess it was quite a curse.

I imagine we'll keep adding here and there since I have more Clara banters to write if nothing else, but the next version will have an actual romance and everything. So the curse will be broken. Just depends on how long it takes BCaesar to finish SOA and me to test this one big chunk of code.
    CaszidyRyz009ThacoBell
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, really lookin forward to this :+1:
    I have a maybe strange question: when actress Hexxat saved from vampire Hexxat, will it be possible to do vampire Hexxat quests with only actress Hexxat in party?
    Something like - after few days since escaping Dragomir's tomb, Cabrina will show up demanding to finish the work for L' since we are now responsible for vampire Hexxat departure and we own L' the unfinished bussines?
    ThacoBell
    @Caszidy I asked this same question awhile ago. They said it was beyond the scope of this mod, at least currently.
    Caszidy
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    Thanks @jastey. I think I figured out what I did wrong.

@Atherakhia If you want to send me your tp2 file, I can try to fix it for you and send it back. I think I've changed it properly on my current mod version, but that file is so different than the last version that it would not install for you. (The tp2 is the file called setup-AllThingsMazzy inside of the AllThingsMazzy folder.)

However, if you send me your tp2 file, I can adjust some things and send you back what you need. It should be fairly straightforward to fix. You'll just need to uninstall AllThingsMazzy and replace a couple files.

Just wanted to chime in here - I've having the same problem as of today, using the current version of All Things Mazzy. Same set of warnings appear for me, during an EET install.

EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for _bClara: BG2 NPC without BG1 content

Just as was mentioned before.
    @BallpointMan , yeah, I hadn't actually gotten around to posting the fix for that yet. It should be completely fixed in the new version, so I was just waiting for that to be ready. Shouldn't be much longer now.
    BallpointManThacoBell
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @BallpointMan , yeah, I hadn't actually gotten around to posting the fix for that yet. It should be completely fixed in the new version, so I was just waiting for that to be ready. Shouldn't be much longer now.

Okay - just wanted to report it.

Thanks!
    No worries. If it's still broken after the new version goes up, definitely let me know ?
    edited May 2020
    Hey guys, remember when we promised y'all a Mazzy romance about three years ago? Happy Memorial Day. Let's have some fireworks.

For anyone who doesn't feel like checking the ReadMe, here's the changelog for the latest post. As promised it is enormous:

Changes:
    A. Main Mod: Mazzy
    1. Mazzy Initiated Friendship Talks at set times/locations during the game
    2. Mazzy Romance: Quest to start the romance in SOA (starts after the Underdark)
    Some romance talks at set times during the game, talks w/ Mazzy's family TOB epilogues.
    3. Recurring Mazzy friendship/romance talks where you can choose the topic.
    4. An additional Mazzy/Jaheira friendship talk
    5. Additional Mazzy interjections
    6. Additional Viconia-Mazzy Conversations, about 14 more in all (some TOB as well)
    7. Additional Mazzy/Jaheira & Mazzy/Viconia talks if you're romancing them with CN
    8. Imoen-Mazzy Friendship/Romance w/ or w/o CN (+1 Viconia Talk)
    9. 2 more Mazzy-Keldorn Talks about Viconia (SOA & TOB)
    10. Should be properly EET compatible now.

AB: Main Mod: Misc
    1. A bugfix in the Copper Coronet so that you can actually get into the back with Lehtinan's permission. This allows you to side with the slavers or lie to infiltrate their operations.
    2. Bugfix for Minsc actually rejoining your party after being charmed by Irenicus' dryads.
    3. 1 Clara-Imoen talk in Chapter 4
    4. Additional drow massage options in Ust Natha
    5. 4 Viconia-Aerie Talks
    6. Clara Banters with Jan, Mazzy, Dorn, Korgan, Nalia, Keldorn, Valygar, HaerDalis, Edwin, Yoshimo, Viconia, and Sarevok (some of these change her stats/abilities so Clara will be slightly different depending on your party)
    7. If you don't romance Anomen, Clara will do it for you. However, she has her own agenda and the romance goes down a very different path once he takes his test.
    8. Clara Interjections
    9. Fix to assign Anomen appropriate sound files if he fails his test
    10. Fix if you break the Anomen romance by accident

B. For the Evil: Things get a little dark.
    1. An evil player option w/ the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon.
    2. A basic TOB Bodhi.
    3. Minor evil options w/ Tiiro & Auvala, Am Si, etc.
    4. Additional courtesan options in the Bridge District
    5. 4 Hexxat/Viconia talks - SOA & TOB

C. For the Good:
    1. Minor fixes in Hostile Mazzy & Hexxat's scene.
    2. Additional Mazzy interjections
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    megamike15CaszidyThacoBellGusinda
    edited May 2020
    after 3000 years. is for the good fixed? i tended to have issues installing that the last few versions.
    got an install error does not even install the main component.
    edited May 2020
    @megamike15 Seriously? I just tested it on my game. What does your error say? Maybe I uploaded the wrong version.
    ERROR: internal label [_bMazzyVic04] appears 2 times in processed DLG [MAZZYJ]
    ERROR: postprocessing [VICONIJ]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
    Stopping installation because of error.
    edited May 2020
    @megamike15 Well, I just uploaded one that installs on my game again. Maybe see if you get the same error. Otherwise, I will try to track down the issue. I'm not sure why you'd be getting that error when I'm not.

Did you uninstall the last version first? It sounds like it's trying to process our files twice.
    that can't be it i am doing a fresh install.
    ok i found out what happend. i have this habit of copy and pasting new versions over the old one in my mod folder. that must have made two viconia banter files. seems fixed now.
    edited May 2020
    Are you getting the same error on the one I just posted? Because that one definitely installs on my game.

Edit: Okay, yeah, I wouldn't recommend doing that with our mod. We tend to reorganize our folders a lot. Better to just delete the old mod first. Glad it's working now.
    megamike15