Skip to content

[v1.7] Pai'Na, a half-drow hivemaster druid NPC for BG2:EE

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @SharGuidesMyHand

Yes- but that’s not really something I added outside of the brief interjection she makes beforehand. Any Druid has the option of fighting Faldorn by default.
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

@SharGuidesMyHand

Yes- but that’s not really something I added outside of the brief interjection she makes beforehand. Any Druid has the option of fighting Faldorn by default.

Thanks.

I've barely played the mod, but I already love it. Nice to have an alternative to Cernd for a full class druid.

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Artemius_I, would it be possible to make this mod compatible with the Faiths and Powers sphere system?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited July 2018
    1. You forgot to set the Undispellable flag for the spiders' natural weapons (Nope, it's there, sorry......
    2. IMHO, the Hivemaster should not be able to cast spells while polymorphed.....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    @Luke93

Bahhh, I forgot this would happen after I changed the polymorph opcode to the change animation opcode. It originally did not have the ability to cast spells. I’ll get it fixed when I get back from my trip.
    v1.5.1
    • Shapeshifts have spellcasting disabled again as intended (BUGFIX)
    RVNSZaghoulGusindaFina92
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    ToB content?
  • fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
    Question. With Pai’Na in my party I find a random neutral black spider in the Forest of Tethir in Chapter 6 near the hidden door to the cave with Kuo Toa in them. What am I supposed to do to interact with this spider/trigger the encounter and/or quest associated with it?
  • jpayettejpayette Member Posts: 14
    Got a bug to report: after her Underdark dialogue, the C0PaiNaUnderdark variable is not incremented. Because of this, all of her intended subsequent dialogues just replay the Underdark dialogue instead since C0PaiNaUnderdark is always 1.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Are you planning ToB content?
    There is ToB content...
    Arthas
    @jpayette

Fixed.
    v1.6
    • Mod always uses same Hivemaster kit as The Artisan's Kitpack
    • Added crossmod from Sirene and Will (keyword: from. This crossmod already existed in the respective mods but the install order no longer matters)
    • Added Deities of Faerun spheres compatibility

Anyone remember this mod? No? Probably not.
    StefanONecromanx2Caszidy
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited June 2019
    Pai'Na is in my party right now. Not for the first time I might add.

BTW. Pai'Na is a druid and can "Chant". Normally only priests can. Why is that?

@StefanO

Oh, right. I made the mistake of building her creature file with another mod that expands the druid spell selection installed. I'll probably remember to remove the illegal spells next time.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I'm not complaining. Pai'Na is fun to play.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i'm haveing this weird bug with neera. pai'Na is not in my party but neera is starting banters as tho she is. neera starts a line then cuts off because you know the person she is speaking to is not in the party. i remember a similar bug happen to me with minsic involving tashia awhile back.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    First, I want to thank you for your hard work and generosity towards the community. Thanks for making and sharing mods! I recently installed this mod for the first time and am really excited about giving it a run. However, I did want to report that the Hivemaster Kit didn't seem to install. I'm not sure why this would be the case. Pai'na joined my party and the introductory dialogue was great, but she is a regular druid, and not a hivemaster. I thought you'd want to know. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in figuring this out.
    Aedan
    @OrlonKronsteen

I’m not aware of any issues but I plan to update this mod soon anyways. In the meantime, can you see to see if installing it after my kitpack’s Hivemaster (which is the better version of the kit anyway) works properly?
    OrlonKronsteen
    I will do this for sure and let you know how it goes. Thank you!
    So I had success doing what you suggested in a fresh install. Next I will try it adding Tweaks Anthology and SCS, though I can't imagine they'd have any effect on it.

One question: your Pai'na and Kit Pack mods both have what is called a .gitignore file outside of the mod contents folder. When you extract the two mods to the game folder (00783) you are asked to skip or replace the .gitignore, obviously because they have the same name. Are they in fact the same file? Like I said it looks like I got the kit and npc working but I am curious about that file. I'm not used to seeing anything outside of a mod contents folder other than an .exe. Full disclosure: I don't know anything about this stuff. Thanks again for your mod and for your quick response in troubleshooting.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    .gitignore is a modder resource, it tells GitHub what files to not upload when they are doing a push/commit. A user doesn't need to worry about any over-write warnings.
    OrlonKronsteenALIEN
    Fixed the kit issue.
    OrlonKronsteenilduderino
    Loving this character! Thank you so much! :)
    @OrlonKronsteen

Thank you! This was one of my more low-effort works, I basically just projected my moody, snarky 18-year-old self (which was about how old I was when I wrote this) into the character. I'm glad people are able to have fun with it.
    OrlonKronsteen
    Hi, sorry to bother you again, but does the latest Pai'Na update (fixed kit install issue) have the latest version of the Hivemaster kit? You mentioned in an earlier post that the Kitpack had the best version of the kit.

I ask because I'm so impressed by this I want to go back and install your Sirene mod. :)
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    FYI, I installed this mod on EET using the latest update and the Hivemaster Kit is available at character creation for a PC, which I thought was meant for only Pai'na. I haven't installed the kitpack version yet.
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    FYI, I installed this mod on EET using the latest update and the Hivemaster Kit is available at character creation for a PC, which I thought was meant for only Pai'na. I haven't installed the kitpack version yet.
    Intended behavior as of right now.