Skip to content

Mislead spell seriously overpowered?!

Hello,

I've been playing alot with the level 6 illusion spell "Mislead". However, it seems that mages and priests cannot "realize" that I'm actually invisible - even though they have the means to dispel my illusion (True Sight, True seeing etc.). E.g. if you use the spell before a battle and hide away your clone - for the duration of the spell - you can do whatever you want (attacking, casting spells etc.) and the enemy cannot see you.

Are the enemies seriously this dumb or am I missing something?

Thank you :)
iosfrustrationgorgonzola

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    The enemies are that dumb. If you want more of a challenge though you could install SCS.
    JuliusBorisoviosfrustrationThacoBellMWO
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    One of the things I love about the golden age of single player games was that there was less focus on balance and more focus on crazy fun.
    BG2 was so unbalanced when it came out, and it was so much fun!
    Agree that SCS can really breath new life into the game, your mages will never have worked this hard in their lives...
    kaja8gorgonzolaMWODJKajuru
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited May 2020
    Or you can just erase mislead, project image, etc from your spellbook. You don't have to exploit defects in the game's AI if you don't want to.
    Post edited by jsaving on
    iosfrustrationThacoBellMWO
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    as is the clone and not the mage that has to be in the aoe of true sight and as the invisibility is applied again as soon as the condition that makes the mage visible ends, over and over until the clone exist, it is indeed a very powerful spell.
    but imo its true power is when some FM, FMT or FT using a scroll uses it as it can grant multiple physical attacks without the enemies reacting and if the one that casts it is a thief and he is at the back of the enemies all the attacks will count as stabs.

the super powerful things in the game are countless, ie 3 low level mages that stack webs then focus with MMM on every enemy that fails a ST and get blocked can take down many end game enemies in a quite reliable way using only very low level spells (for bg2).
    mislead happens only to be a spell very easy to use, you cast it, take the clone away from the enemy sight and profit, but is far from being overpowered compared to other spells, even lower level ones, if not used to stab mani times each round without the enemies reacting.
    thing that can give to a FMT a potential of 30apr, as if the str bonus is not applied he can do more then the 6 stabs that multiplied by 5 give 30 as result if he is using speed weapons and is hasted.

MWO
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh yeah, all the magical "clone" spells are HILARIOUSLY powerful.
    MWO
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There is a good git-gud surprise from Beamdog devs in SoD in the Temple of Bhaal. A player on the Insane difficulty might stumble upon an enemy who uses Mislead for unlimited 80+ backstabs until you figure how to deal with it (or die). The fight provides a good look from the other side of this cheese.
    MWOwoogirlgorgonzolaThacoBell