Skip to content

Aside from Kangaxx, what enemies need a +4 to hit them in BG2EE?

Not in ToB, just the SoA portion.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    there is actually a thread about this somewhere around here on the forums

but from memory what i can think of;

- the lesser demon lord in the underdark requires +5 weapons to hit
    - anath the werewolf requires +5 weapons to hit
    - anything that casts absolute immunity on themself ( i think only irenicus casts this in the vanilla EE ) requires +6 weapons to hit
    - if you play watcher's keep in SoA i believe during one of the "opening of the final seal battles" the mage dude i think requires +4 weapons to hit
    - anything that casts mantle on themself requires +4 weapons to hit
    - anything that casts improved mantle on themself requires +5 weapons to hit ( this is usually the go to protection for high level mages, although the breach spell takes it down )

other than that, i think that is it, a lot of enemies require +3 weapons or better, but only the above examples would you need higher
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    In vanilla, Mantle is slightly weaker; +3 required to beat it.

The enemy that requires +4 to hit in the WK final seal level is the Aurumach Rilmani. Watcher's Keep also has a demilich (not required for progression) that requires +4 to hit.

BG2EE Anath does not have that odd immunity; in fact, she doesn't even have the standard werewolf immunity to nonmagical weapons. Of course, since she's not hostile by default, many players won't ever encounter this.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anath regenerates a crap ton really quickly though. She's one of the hardest enemies to kill without cheese, iirc. I had to give up the one time I attempted it.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    I never really understood that kind of immunity. Really crap the missile weapons (not mention some great bows, crossbows etc) and screw the new players. There were an idea of subtledoctor, to remove that just code every weapon to +6 enchantment level and stronger enemies give other type of bonuses if needed to compensate that (like regeneration). But never done that in mod.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Anath with super-regeneration? Sounds like one of those stacking bugs. She's supposed to have 2 HP per second regeneration (RINGWOLF item) plus 0.6 per round from 25 Con. 7 rounds to fully regenerate is fast, but it's not something that's going to stop a decent party.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The Ravager requires +4 weapons to hit.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @OlvynChuru true, but OT as the OP told: "Not in ToB, just the SoA portion" and if is possible to go to WK in SoA you have to be in ToB to meet him. ;)