Skip to content

Any chance for an expansion?

DeamronDeamron Member Posts: 9
Hello everyone!
I bought IWD on release day, i did the same with BG1, BG2 and enhanced editions.
Every few years i install them and play them again. I still enjoy them like the first time i played them.
But IWD is just to short, i don't count HOW as a proper expansion, it's more like a chapter.
So i'm wondering if Beamdog has any plans to make an expansion. I am pretty sure that everyone who own the game, will buy the expansion!
Please keep this post alive if you are wondering about the same thing.
Hopefully the developers see this post!
Post edited by Deamron on
lost1

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited April 2020
    Really sorry to say that no, there are no plans to make an expansion and no reason to believe that will change in the future. But here's hoping!
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    technically, HoW and the luremaster's keep were two different expansions. That's more content than other BGs can boast of having.

and with how poorly SoD did, Beamdog will never touch the infinity engine again.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    SoD did alright, thank you very much. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/788711/#Comment_788711

But we want to create own games, this is why we're moving on from enhanced editions and expansions to enhanced editions.
    Rik_KirtaniyaAerakar
  • chevalierchevalier Member Posts: 51
    SoD did alright, thank you very much. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/788711/#Comment_788711

But we want to create own games, this is why we're moving on from enhanced editions and expansions to enhanced editions.

Any chance those are gonna be RPGs (what kind? isometric? 3D/TPP, 3D/FPS, other?), RTS-es or hybrids of the two?

I kinda miss the hybrid genres such as Warcraft or Rage of Mages or Blackmoon Chronicles. Or Dune 1, actually. Isometric IE RPGs tended to show slight hybridization with RTS, and that was one of the good things about them.

Will you be taking the old-school route, as would seem to be a common-sense logical follow-up to years of working on old-school titles for EEs, or will you opt for contrast and make a u-turn toward adventurous innovation?

Sorry if I pop this questions too much like an interviewer. I used to be one. Old habits die hard. ;)
    JuliusBorisovRik_Kirtaniyalost1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A like to your post, but other than that— no comment at this time.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Sorry BG3 didn't work out but it would be great to see an original isometric/RTwP CRPG from Beamdog!
    Rik_KirtaniyaCluas
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited May 2020
    A like to your post, but other than that— no comment at this time.

@JuliusBorisov I smell something goooood... :yum: (Don't know how far it is coming from though ;) )
    JuliusBorisovlost1