Skip to content

Getting BGT to work...

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty getting Trilogy to work. For reference, I'm following instructions from here: http://www.destructoid.com/the-weekend-modder-s-guide-baldur-s-gate-1-2-222096.phtml

When I run BGT, I get an error that says it can't find HATERACE.2da (the file, as far as I can tell, for the Ranger's race hatred ability). I'm fairly certain I've installed everything correctly (NOT in Program Files and with Full/Custom installs).

I can't find this file anywhere! I'm not sure if I've made an error elsewhere to cause the issue, if there's more info I can provide, let me know...

Or, if you know of it, what's the best/appropriate way to install BGT? I'd like to have some other mods to have a more "complete" version, but seem to be having no luck (BiG World was hours long worth of failure...).

Thank you!

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    Are you installing any other mods besides BGT? If so tell us which ones and order of install.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2012
    Hmm..I could email you the missing file. You can also check this out for future installs - http://downloads.spellholdstudios.net/BiG World v11 english.pdf
  • ArbitraryNerdArbitraryNerd Member Posts: 14
    mlnevese said:

Are you installing any other mods besides BGT? If so tell us which ones and order of install.

The link I provided is what I was doing verbatim.

And Zafiro, I had issues with BiG World, though I'll see if this is more up to date. If you have the missing file, I'd be really appreciative! I don't know if my e-mail is listed in my profile, but it's silt44@gmail.com, if you get a chance.

Actually, and I'm sorry to double post, but where exactly is the best place to get mods (specifically BGT, though I'll try a fresh install and do BiG World again, I guess)?

I feel like half the websites I'm using are out of date or have incomplete mods.

Thank you again!
    That site has a supposedly broken version of Trilogy.

I'm trying to follow the PDF you listed, using the sites they suggest and going that route with a brand new, clean install (because I foolishly didn't make backups). I'll try their installer and hope it's up to date/works.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll be back to this thread if I hit another roadblock...