Skip to content

CEP 2.65

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited August 2018
    Does CEP have a public git repo?
    I guess the graphic content is too much, Im really just thinking of the 2da files, scripts, etc.
    Post edited by Calgacus on
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    @TheAmethystDragon

How goes work on CEP 2.66 and will there be an optional hak that can be used that removes the Wemic and Brownie from racial selection by chance? Trying to decide how best to approach this wrinkle with regards to a migration and didn't really want to deal with a custom set of haks other then CEP.

I'm aware I can add a custom version of the racial 2da file to CEP_Custom but it seems inelegant have people able to choose such a race but then get kicked from ELC on login.

Cheers,
    Tfox.
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    I haven't heard anything about a 2.66. Further, I haven't heard anything.

Regarding your other query regarding Wemics and Brownies, just use the Enforce Legal Characters button and that'll fix you up. It checks before character creation now, I believe, if I recall correctly.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87

I haven't heard anything about a 2.66. Further, I haven't heard anything.

Regarding your other query regarding Wemics and Brownies, just use the Enforce Legal Characters button and that'll fix you up. It checks before character creation now, I believe, if I recall correctly.

You would be mistaken in this case, ELC merely makes such a character unable to login, a player can still select, create and fill their vault up with Wemic's and Brownies and just having the option displayed in the character generator is an ugly and unfriendly user experience in my opinion.

The only way to actually restrict this from the character creator for players is to distribute a hak with the updated 2da file that is listed at the top of the hak order for the module (this works fine for servers that want to use their own extra haks as well), which is sorta the thing I have a gripe with (while I have a gripe with the issue, I've alot of respect for all the effort and work AD has done for the project), CEP has always been that one stop place for a great deal of custom content that many users possess and don't have to download/install a million and one individual server specific haks, having to create a hak and make users download and install it in the correct location is not an ideal situation and to be honest if I was to take that route I'd likely be very heavily considering doing away with CEP and building haks with only the custom content I desired in such.

I hadn't seen the issue raised either in this thread or on the CEP forums (though I don't have an account there so I raised it here and tagged AD in it hoping I'd hear a response and just maybe this might be resolved in the not to distant future). As it currently stands I'm thinking a login script that moves them to a particular area and explains the reason for their quarantine and giving them the option to delete the character via nwnx rather then leave an unplayable character in their player vault, it's still very much not ideal to me, but I feel more comfortable with it.
    edited November 2018
    Not sure about that, lad. We use CEP 2.65 and I only have the default races available on log-in. Perhaps we also have the races.2da modified to make Wemics and Brownies 0 vs 1.

PS: Here's a link to one of these discussions (there were many): CEP Wemics and What-not
  • TibecTibec Member Posts: 4
    I am a returning NWN fan. I just bought the extended version my question is how hard is it to install CEP 2.65? Second question what does it add to the OC?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    CEP 2.65 adds nothing to the OC. CEP is a builder resource.
    tfoxTibec
  • TibecTibec Member Posts: 4
    Okay thank you.
  • VifurPLVifurPL Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2018
    Here's a solution for overpowered Wernic and Brownie races bug: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71084/help-removing-cep-265-wemic-and-brownie-races

Direct link to hakpack with fix: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/cep-265-additional-races-fix

I hope it's gonna be fixed with a CEP update, because atm i need to force players to download a bonus .hak file.
  • badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    I cant get placeables, items, or creatures to work, I only see custom/categories* but nothing under.
    I've never used CEP before, not sure what I am doing wrong.

my hak order :

cep2_add_doors
    cep2_add_loads
    cep2_add_phenos1
    cep2_add_phenos2
    cep2_add_phenos3
    cep2_add_phenos4
    cep2_add_reforge
    cep2_add_skies
    cep2_ext_tiles
    cep2_add_tiles1
    cep2_add_tiles2
    cep2_build
    cep2_custom
    cep2_top_2_65
    cep2_core0
    cep2_core1
    cep2_core2
    cep2_core3
    cep2_core4
    cep2_core5
    cep2_core6
    cep2_core7

tlk used :
    cep260.tlk

what works so far : Transition Images, terrain extensions, cep tiles,

any help appreciated
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    There's no entries because the palettes are left clean so as to not clutter and bloat as well as some large modules would come close to the max palette limit (16k) entries. You must create them yourself, on the other hand if you don't think you're going to created hundreds of unique items for your module, (ie armors weapons special clothing) you can add the cep2_add_sb_v1.hak to your list which has a huge amount of premade items, placeables and creatures.
    badstrref
  • badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    thanks dTd, everything works
  • Knight_ShieldKnight_Shield Member Posts: 51
    cep2_top_v23 for version 2.3
    cep2_custom (optional)
    cep2_add_phenos5
    cep2_add_phenos4
    cep2_add_phenos3
    cep2_add_phenos2
    cep2_add_phenos1
    cep2_add_tiles2 (optional)
    cep2_add_tiles1 (optional)
    cep2_ext_tiles (optional)
    cep2_add_sb_v1 (optional)
    cep2_add_doors (optional)
    cep2_core6
    cep2_core5
    cep2_core4
    cep2_core3
    cep2_core2
    cep2_core1
    cep2_core0
    cep2_crp
    cep2_crp_s (optional)
    cep2_build (optional)

This is what I have in my mod now 2.3 CEP

Questions:

1. People can still be brownies?
    2. Is there anything I can remove from the list?
    3. Did you change the werewolf or yeti appearances?
  • Knight_ShieldKnight_Shield Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2019
    Getting alot of missing resources zep stuff?

I used the CEP 2.65 files. Logged into my server which is still 2.3 . Couldn't see certain things. Thedrunck in the bar is holding a mug but you can see it?

Why isn't pheno_5 and cep2_add_sb_v1 in the 2.65 download? not that you would use in the new server but people still need to see whats in the old ones.
    Post edited by Knight_Shield on

Why isn't pheno_5 and cep2_add_sb_v1 in the 2.65 download? not that you would use in the new server but people still need to see whats in the old ones.

They are in the download for the sake of backwards compatibility. Currently, cep2_add_phenos5 is just an empty shell. All of that content was re-distrubuted in phenos1-4.

cep2_add_sb_v1 is also in the download. However, I believe it exists as an erf, and this is likely where you are missing content on the module end. It was repackaged as an erf because most of the content in there is stuff DM's would prefer to customize, and customizing resources for one's module is hard when it's in a hak. It is highly likely that your module was built with this when it was in hak form. The quickest fix is to import that erf straight into your module and see what's what. Before you do that, I would probably create a hak from that erf so you can itemize what's in there (you'll notice it's mostly "zep" resources).

Cheers!
  • The_WretchedThe_Wretched Member Posts: 3
    Will there be an erf for the new placeables?

Nope.

There are so many placeable models in the CEP these days that creating placeable blueprints is both time-consuming and would quickly push the game toward the 16k module resource limit...and I do not advise putting them all in a hak unless you are the only person that will ever touch those blueprints.

There were many created by lovellin when CEP 2.60 was released (link), but that is a stand-alone entry and is not directly included in the CEP downloads.

You can access all the models by dropping any placeable in an area, editing its properties, and using the "appearance" drop-down. Most of the newest ones start with "structure", "obelisk", and "puddle" (though there are some others).

I have a java program around here that someone wrote for me a while back that will create a utp file and name a placeable for every placeable appearance in a module and put its location (in the template) into where ever you want it in the toolset....

You have to manually place the utp files into the module i believe (copy paste refresh pallet) but as amethyst says it will push you closer to the 16k resource mark
  • SilvertiSilverti Member Posts: 9
    Long time no speak TheAmethystDragon! When I ended production of Adventure Island I was using version 1.52. I just built it again with the latest v1.6x and it seems to be working fine. My question is how 2.65 works with v1. If I add v2 to the mod, would it cause me issues?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Short answer - highly probable. The team that created CEP 2 totally rearranged everything. So it could well be a lot of work. Hope I'm wrong but fear I'm right.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    That's my understanding, too. If I'm right, the appearance numbers used in CEP1 are not necessarily the same model in CEP2. So, if you replaced CEP1 with CEP2 in a CEP1 module, you'd have to check every template and instance of every object, correcting the appearance where necessary. I imagine there are other issues, too.

Putting CEP2 on top of CEP1 wouldn't be any better.
  • LordPasLordPas Member Posts: 47
    Hi

I just got CEP and am lost. It seems that it might be obvious to others since they've used if for such a long time but it's not to me and finding instruction on how to use it is hard to find.

I know that there are several packs out there that do several things. PRC, CET, CTP, CSP, Q. I know that there are overrides that improve the graphics of the game.
    I know that much so far.

I decided to test CEP first. I followed the installation directions. That was easy enough.
    When I opened the tool set I saw there were some new tilesets. That was easy enough.

I couldn't figure out how to check out new items, new monster/npc designs, new clothing designs. I don't understand what the installed haks, erf or tlk files are for.
    There doesn't seem to be a list of what I can do.

This is getting frustrating and taking more time than expected.. Where can I find more information on how to use CEP? Any kind of Doc or instructions.would be very helpful.

Thanks.
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    PRC -> new classes , nice - but only full immersive if the modul is built from ground up with PRC , and thats nearly none - so in normal modules the classes most time OP

CEP (1) , CEP2 and Q are big hak packs that extend the vanilla set of tiles/placables/creatures/weapons/etc. with new variants - all are mostly incompatible to the others

CTP are an "small" variant of the "big hak packs" with only "Tiles"

"overriding" are only things that go in "override" directory - all hak's are only used at load if the modul built with it
    R_TEAM wrote: »
    PRC -> new classes , nice - but only full immersive if the modul is built from ground up with PRC , and thats nearly none - so in normal modules the classes most time OP

CEP (1) , CEP2 and Q are big hak packs that extend the vanilla set of tiles/placables/creatures/weapons/etc. with new variants - all are mostly incompatible to the others

CTP are an "small" variant of the "big hak packs" with only "Tiles"

"overriding" are only things that go in "override" directory - all hak's are only used at load if the modul built with it

Is there anyway to add PRC without the module being built from the ground up?

Does CEP require CEP to be used in the beginning of a module creation as well? When I went into the tool kit to load a module I saw that CEP was listed as a separate module from my other modules.

Also, as I understand it, I should be able to pick and choose what I want from CEP. Is that right?
    Proleric wrote: »

Hey Thanks!

I'm checking both pages. I'm sure you know that I posted that as well.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    LordPas wrote: »

...Does CEP require CEP to be used in the beginning of a module creation as well? When I went into the tool kit to load a module I saw that CEP was listed as a separate module from my other modules.

Also, as I understand it, I should be able to pick and choose what I want from CEP. Is that right?

CEP can be added at any time via Module Properties > Custom Content (see Toolset Manual on the Vault, and CEP load order document which ships with CEP).

What is listed as a separate module is the CEP demo.

You choose the CEP content that actually appears in your module. The only caveat, whether you use one element or thousands, is that you need to add most of the haks and tlk first, as explained in the load order. That doesn't make your module bigger, it just gives it access to the shared library that most players already have.
    @LordPas
    sure you can always add PRC to the module - but the PRC races are OP and in no way balanced with the other non-prc races or NPCs or simply "all"
    This the reason PRC was not wide used - it is simply out of balance if the modul is not build from the beginning with PRC races in mind - and if i remember right only 2 "halfway good" modules was built with PRC, and then with an non actual version (to the time long ago i tested it..) .. and so one .. an big mess - so no one use it , and as no modul builder use it, no players use it .. and so one ...
  • @R_TEAM LOL - for a project that "...no one uses," the PRC Discord channel has enough people on it and the various versions on the Vault get enough download traffic.
    @Pstemarie
    it is a nice idea .... but naming me one Top20 module that use PRC .... or Top30 .... (hall of fame) - and more than 8 modules at all is a good start too (and i mean modules that build WITH PRC as main use - not an regular modul that was build without PRC AND then additional addopted to PRC with nearly no changes - so still unbalanced to the OP PRC classes ..)
  • JohanobesusJohanobesus Member Posts: 4
    If I am using the PRC with the modified campaigns, is it possible to add the CEP haks without merging anything just to use the extra item models?
  • LEAvilesLEAviles Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    I see people like myself struggling to get CEP 2.65 installed correctly. For me specifically on Android devices. There is no Documents\NeverWinterNights folder, where should they be placed specifically on an Android Device?