Skip to content

The Black Pit Crash

ArtzArtz Member Posts: 3
edited April 2020 in Troubleshooting
My game (BG EE) crashes durring the fight against the necromancer very early game in the Black pits. I've tried over a dozen times to get passed that point but it always freezes. I have no mods, DLC or anything. Is there any way to fix this problem?
Post edited by Artz on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    This crash is very much a known issue, with no fix in the current patch. I've found that frequently pausing during the fight greatly increases the odds of successfully getting through it, at least.

Also, don't repeat the fight, ever. Not only is it still very likely to crash, but the skeletons die instantly and trivialize the fight; they're dependent on a global variable that doesn't get reset.
    Artz
  • ArtzArtz Member Posts: 3
    I hope they fix it.. it makes Black pits unplayable so I basically paid for a game that a portion of is not accessable..
  • delaughtercdelaughterc Member Posts: 2
    just got the game and found this bug and lo and behold its been a thing for a while i guess
  • LordCidLordCid Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    So after te 2.5 the problem is still present. Please Beamdog fix this crash bug, other professionals would have done it long ago
    edited December 2020
    This report was made with patch 2.5; it's been standard for quite a while now. Patch 2.6 is currently being worked on.

No mention of this bug, or the Black Pits and Black Pits 2 campaigns, in the patch notes for 2.6 that have been posted. On rereading, there's an entry for the Llyrk fight, which mentions the skeletons dying on replay but not the crash.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    jmerry wrote: »
    No mention of this bug, or the Black Pits and Black Pits 2 campaigns, in the patch notes for 2.6 that have been posted.

This is not true. There are a few Black Pits bugs mentioned in the patch notes (which had to be shortened anyway not to exceed the characters limit for one post), including the one for the battle with Llyrk.

This particular bug is now fixed in 2.6.
  • RhythmMachineRhythmMachine Member Posts: 12
    No mention of this bug, or the Black Pits and Black Pits 2 campaigns, in the patch notes for 2.6 that have been posted.

This is not true. There are a few Black Pits bugs mentioned in the patch notes (which had to be shortened anyway not to exceed the characters limit for one post), including the one for the battle with Llyrk.

It isn't fixed on Android. Just tried this fight for the third time unsuccessfully. Is there at least a workaround if there isn't a fix?
    While 2.6 has been released for desktop operating systems, it's still in beta for Android. If you have the beta, this probably isn't the place to report bugs with it. If you don't have it, the fix is in the works.

A workaround? As I stated in my first post, frequently pausing during the fight seems to improve the odds of getting through without a crash.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

It isn't fixed on Android. Just tried this fight for the third time unsuccessfully. Is there at least a workaround if there isn't a fix?

It's fixed in the 2.6 beta on Android. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82505/2-6-beta-updates-for-icewind-dale-baldurs-gate-i-ii-enhanced-editions-android#latest