Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Enemy Within, a New Mod Coming! [Work in progress]

13»

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2019
    Hello,
    Any new about this mod?

• AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 107
    edited October 2019
    Would be a shame to see this thing never getting out.

I'd love to see these beautiful areas ingame.

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 796
    I just found out about it, and now I want it too. Hopefully it doesn't die, because that is some really amazing art. It fits the rest of the art style flawlessly, and it's gorgeous.

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 262
    Ohhhh this area art looks amazing! I like the story outline as well. This would tie in wonderfully with the BG1 world state. Here's to hoping it gets resurrected!

• ArthasIIArthasII Member Posts: 229
    Thanks for the update. By the way, it would be cool if the mod could contain meaningful choices for an evil charname

Was the closed beta released in easter in the end @fluke13 ?

Still hopeful this one day will come out

Skatan
    Is any part of the team still online in these boards? Would love to hear about this mod once again.

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 364
    Hey, I heard people were asking about the mod... Turns out to be one person but all good things come to those who wait heh. I had a baby end of 2018, so life is really busy now. I've added a link to Icewind dale and a nod to Bg3, so will wait for Bg3 release and iwd-in-eet before a full release. Next year I'll release an open beta. If anyone wants to help the project pm me. I have an area that needs walkmapping, mini stories to code and cool items to create. I also went way off tangent with npcs... Three are WIP... A dwarf rune caster, his unusual adopted daughter and a helmed horror companion. I've also added some cute details like the Innkeeper shouting at you if you leave the door open.

ZansoLudwig_IIenergisedcamel
    Cheers buddy, I hope my comment came across as comical 😸

Zanso
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 796
    I'm glad to see this mod is still alive. I'm really enthusiastic about seeing new major quests in BG1. I'm in a BG1 run right now with the NPC project and a few mod NPCs and it has been a great campaign so far. It's a shame that this party won't be able to explore this place.

edited August 27
    So a minor spoiler, when you agree to help protect the Lord's castle, he'll need your help to raise a motley army to defend it. The quests you undertake around the map will grant you allies, both groups and individuals. You can then do some limited strategizing to defend the castle. The outcome will not only depend on what you did, but how you did it and there are multiple endings for both "good" and "bad" methods. My ethos on doing the right thing and doing the easy thing... Is the "bad path" could lead to more riches, wealth, fame and power. The right path on the other hand could lead to friendships, more story and secrets. But only if you play well, you might mean to take the right path, mess it up and everything goes badly. You might decide to take a darker path for the greater good. If you succeed in gaining the helmed horror NPC... Your chosen path will determine the various souls used to give the creature life, which in turn will determine their personality. At the extreme you could create a silent killing machine, or a loveable companion.

Also, the aim is that even if you mess it all up, the result should feel unique enough that you accept what happened and don't need to reload, at least not until the next playthrough.

energisedcamelLudwig_IIArthasII