Skip to content

[mod] Below & Below Inn

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
edited July 2020 in IWD:EE Mods
Another quest mod for IWD EE is here!

The mod adds a brand new place to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition - Below & Below Inn. Are you looking for a place to rest between the battles? Or perhaps you need some nice new items? Or maybe it's work what you actually need? It's all there!

To visit the new place, talk to the writer in Kuldahar. He'll inform you where you should look for Below & Below Inn. He should be there, waiting for you to speak with him.

Screenshot:
innbb.jpg

Enjoy! Special thanks to @Brokenkatana, @CamDawg and everyone else who supported me in creating this and my other mods!
memoryMantis37megamike15Ludwig_IIThrasymachusAedanilduderinoThacoBellinethGusindaStummvonBordwehrxiaoleiwen

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Cool!

Will this mod update existing saved games (like Our Lady Dreamless)?

Any other IWDEE mods coming up? :)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Yes, there is an option to update existing save games. However, I have a feeling starting new game works better. But it's just a feeling and it may be wrong and updating save games may work just fine. One of the mini quests, however, require you to find some items. Let's hope you're not later in game :)

And... yep, one more thing is yet to be released :)
    megamike15Thrasymachus
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Wow thanks! Looking forward to trying this out!
    Thank you! :)
    Yes, there is an option to update existing save games. However, I have a feeling starting new game works better. But it's just a feeling and it may be wrong and updating save games may work just fine. One of the mini quests, however, require you to find some items. Let's hope you're not later in game :)

And... yep, one more thing is yet to be released :)

Great!

I think I'll just start a fresh game with these new mods all installed (and the updated version the Crossmod, etc., as well).

Looking forward to it!
    You probably saw this one:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79995/mod-terror-of-the-skineater#latest

that's the one I mentioned, all my IWD mods are now released.
    Thrasymachus
    You probably saw this one:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79995/mod-terror-of-the-skineater#latest

that's the one I mentioned, all my IWD mods are now released.

Yes! :smile:
    This is a great mod! I love these kinds of 'area' expansions, with a mix of entertaining role-playing encounters and quests. And I think IWD needs at least another outpost of civilization in addition to Kuldahar.

I think that I've done all the quests now, except for the one for Miss Love, which seems to be spread throughout the game (something that I think is great).

The only problem I had is that some of my party would get "trapped" at the bottom of the entrance area. They could not move above that area, so I had to Control-J them in order to continue.
    This is a great mod! I love these kinds of 'area' expansions, with a mix of entertaining role-playing encounters and quests. And I think IWD needs at least another outpost of civilization in addition to Kuldahar.

I think that I've done all the quests now, except for the one for Miss Love, which seems to be spread throughout the game (something that I think is great).

The only problem I had is that some of my party would get "trapped" at the bottom of the entrance area. They could not move above that area, so I had to Control-J them in order to continue.
    Thank you, @Thrasymachus :)

That's interesting... Could you provide a screenshot? And let me know if you mean the exterior area or the entrance area of the Inn itself.

Cheers!
    It's the exterior (southern edge) -- as soon as my party enters the area. I'll see if I can post a picture tomorrow.
    Hah, for a moment I thought you're writing about my mod - Southern Edge! Another question: does that always happen or only when enering from some specific area?
    edited July 2020
    It's happened when I've entered from different areas.

(Hmm ... I can't seem to upload a screenshot. I'll try again later.)
    @Thrasymachus - I checked and I know where the problem is. Will upload a fixed version later today :) Thanks.
    Thrasymachus
    v1.1 is up and the problem should be gone :)
    Cheers!
    Thrasymachus
    New version is up! Changes:
    - French translation by deratiseur
    - English text improvements
    - Reputation change added

Other quests will also be updated quite soon.
    ilduderino
  • seloconselocon Member Posts: 11
    Ok, looked everywhere in Kuldahar. Where's the box?
    It's NEAR Kuldahar, not in the very heart of the town.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    A great mod, and heaps of fun. I especially love the music in the various parts of the inn - I'm a fan of folk music & any music on historical instruments.

I have one very minor query
    I found Mirek's heirloom necklace with the other loot from the chest robbers. Is their anything I can do with it?
    No, it's a bug I know about, but I still need to update the mod. Simply ignore that item. The original necklace can be found in the main campaign and it's an original quest that starts when you are about to start one of the main quests. What you found is a copy of that item :)

Thanks for reporting, though! I hope you'll enjoy this and my other mods! :)
    StummvonBordwehr
    Thank you, @fluke13 <3 it's nice to hear from you and to know that you still have some time to play these games <3
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello Lava,

Thanks so much for this mod and all the others :smile:

I have one question :
    I can't find in my journal the list of the things that miss Love asks to be gathered... Can you refresh my memory please ?
    Thanks!
    @23 = ~Nevertheless, there's indeed something you can help me with. Between the paperwork and my everyday routine, I study fungal growth, myconid tissues, and... I think I would like to try something out, however I need very specific items. Rare green myconid spores, some red moss, and some freshwater ice.~
    Adam_en_tium
    Thanks !
    Cool I have all three items :wink:
  • BattleloreBattlelore Member Posts: 2
    Hi Lava

First of all, thank you for your great work. Im through with BG2 now, where i played all your Mods. Now in IWD EE im enjoying the next mods of yours ;)

But i have one question:
    i just returned with the last item for Miss Loves Quest, but there is no Option in Dialogue to give them to her...
    Red Moss, Green Spores, Freshwater Ice

Am i missing something?
    Hello,
    You must put them in the cauldron at the center of her tent ;)
  • BattleloreBattlelore Member Posts: 2
    Oh my... well, i didnt even see that :D
    Thank you very much
    Adam_en_tium
    Hello @LavaDelVortel

The reward Gloves "One hand for each heart" description says that it add +15% crushing damage bonus but it doesn't, it add 15% crushing resistance instead.

I tried the longbow of Night Terrors in my previous playthrough but the invisbility effect on kill last 1 second. Is it normal ?

Thanks again for all your awesome mods !
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    I'm a bit confused where the chest robbers are, I've gone over all the areas and I can't find them. Are they in Lower Dorns?