Skip to content

[v1.1] Minerva, a gnome fighter/artificer NPC for IWD:EE

TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
edited March 2021 in IWD:EE Mods
minerva-2.png?w=210&ssl=1

introduction.png
For those who enjoyed travelling with Aura in BG1 (as well as those anticipating her BG2 continuation) here’s another companion along a similar vein for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Minerva Glimmershine is the paternal grandmother of Aura – a similarly prodigious artificer and freewheeling adventurer. Confident, daring and good-spirited, Minerva will jump at the opportunity to join the party in Easthaven, and will serve as a valuable companion with her skills in artifice, knife-throwing expertise, and boundless optimism.

She can be found in Easthaven, and her location will be very obvious upon leaving the tavern.

Race: Gnome
Class: Fighter/Artificer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 17
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 19
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 16

Mod includes:
  • One new party member for IWD:EE with a custom kit
  • Friendship and Romance
  • The Boomerang Dagger +2 and Firetooth +3 ported from Baldur's Gate

If one installs the Crossmod Banter Pack for IWD:EE, Minerva will banter with Karihi, along with Dendjelion, Dusky, Ina, Oak-Maw, Tipps and Urchin by Lava Del'Vortel, as well as the Icewind Dale NPCs by Kulyok.

Post edited by TheArtisan on
LavaDelVortelOlvynChuruEekanImpThacoBelljmaeqilduderinoSharGuidesMyHandmegamike15IseweinGusindaRedJoshelminster

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Great npc. I had a lot of fun with Minerva.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @ThacoBell

I take this to mean you would not be opposed to seeing more NPCs? I’ve decided to work on my current four NPCs anyway as a favor to Lava but more supporters always helps.

Don’t worry, it’s back to BG after this project.
    megamike15ilduderinoThacoBellThrasymachus
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    AionZ wrote: »
    @ThacoBell

I take this to mean you would not be opposed to seeing more NPCs? I’ve decided to work on my current four NPCs anyway as a favor to Lava but more supporters always helps.

Hell yeah, IWDEE run is next on my to-play list right after EET run (which is kinda stalled because of reasons).
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well from what little i have played i can tell she will tied me over until aura bg 2 is finished.
    There will definitely be some continuity in Aura-BG2 by the way. Maybe not major, but there’ll be something.
    megamike15
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    It would be great to see these four extra npcs! I need to start another run to check out Lava’s new areas
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @ThacoBell

Absolutely! I wanted to say more about it, but its been awhile since my run and a lot of my thoughts on it had already faded. I could have sworn I had posted here already.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    I’ve decided to work on my current four NPCs anyway as a favor to Lava but more supporters always helps.
    Well... I kinda hope it's not just because of me, but also because modding IWD can be fun, too! :)
    ilduderino
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    If only this encouraged more modders to do some NPCs and quests mods for Icewind Dale. :)

BG and BG2 already got TONS of content over the years and while I certainly wouldn't mind even more stuff for them I think Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 need such stuff much more.

Only Torment received even less.
    ilduderinoIllustair
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I agree that IWD really needs this - almost a whole new game

I think modding new characters for PST would be a nightmare as the narrative has been fitted together so well with those characters already there
    megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    pst and iwd 2 are much harder to mod due to the version of the ie they use.

and you can't just add random quests to pst like you can say bg 2. it's structured in such a way that each quest is important to the plot in small ways.
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    You know ++++ in daggers is not supposed to be possible at level 1 for a fighter/thief ? I just tried to roll a new char to be super sure, limited to 2 + in daggers, 4+ in total. Plus all her specifics in crafting/alchemy, that makes her a very powerful character from level 1 ! Oh well, just for fun then... !
    @zelurker

It’s intentional. Technically she shouldn’t even be allowed 3 pips in any proficiency, never mind four, but it’s one of her exclusive perks.
    Illustair
    Updated to v1.1, with a new soundset voiced by Kait (as with Aura)
    Thrasymachus
  • TylerDurdenTylerDurden Member Posts: 17
    Really like Minerva a lot so far. She's a lot of fun.

I just finished the Vale, and bought her +2 throwing dagger. Really nice to see a good weapon for her, since I know decent throwing daggers are super rare or nonexistent in the vanilla game. I am excited to see if there is anything further.