Skip to content

[mod] Night of the Blinking Dead

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
edited August 2020 in IWD:EE Mods
Are you looking for new dreadful places to investigate? Do you like the chilling adventures filled with undead creatures, staring at you with their absent eyes? Hear out Seer and let him show your the way to Eyeblinker... a merchant familiar to those who played Ooze's Lounge (BG2 Mod) and who now comes to IWD EE.

The quest is available later in the game and was designed for experienced adventurers. Are you ready to face a very new kind of undead? Are you ready to look the danger right into its huge dead eye?

Screenshot:
re19ntoetgrw.jpg

So yes, the new quest is here! Enjoy!

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Great stuff! Your IWD creativity won’t stay dead!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Thank you! :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    I just played through this and thought it was great fun! I quite liked the connection to the Ooze Lounge. It definitely has a "lighter" tone than the Frozen Pond or Skineater mods.

Overall I think that these "side quests" are great additions to IWD. One problem with that game (in contrast to BG and BG2) is its linear structure. These four additions help to mix things up. And they are quite flavourful in their own right. So many thanks for creating and sharing them!

I used the "patch existing save games" option when installing this mod (I was already nearly finished chapter four in my current IWD game and didn't want to start over). The mod itself seemed to work fine. Hopefully there will be no problems in the rest of the game...
    Thank you! Everything should work fine. Patching is there to make sure new areas will appear on the worldmap, so if the area appeared correctly, new map icon was there and you managed to finish the quest, then I belive you shouldn't encounter any problems passed that point :)

And Eyeblinker was always a fun character... He can't be too serious!
    The new version is up! Version 1.1 includes:
    -French Translation by deratiseur
    -Some English text corrections
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited August 2020
    Using this thread to say that it's awesome how much time you spend on updating your mods and keeping them all shiny and bugfree. Kudos! (From a fellow modder who knows how much work that is.) <3
    Thank you, @jastey :) Huh, there's always something to improve or fix... :P
  • CatcheJaggerCatcheJagger Member Posts: 5
    Hello! Very interested in trying this out. However, the mod seems to be giving me some trouble with installation. Specifically, when I reach the end of my install order to throw in the Tweaks Anthology, it starts to make sure all mods have the latest WeiDU version and updating. No other mods that I've downloaded create problems here, when the installation queries and just stalls. Uninstalling NotBD or removing it from the install order sees the process execute properly, so I can only assume it relates to some specific issue between these two mods.

I'm not particularly literate the specifics of modding myself, so I'm not certain what exactly could be causing this issue, so I'd appreciate any help you could provide!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @CatcheJagger weidu hanging during the update process of other setup.exes in the folder is a known issue that happens from time to time, unfortunately. If it's reproducible, you can prevent it by removing the setup.exe in question. You don't have to uninstall the whole mod, as the update process has nothing to do with already installed mods. It's just the setup.exe installer updating itself.
    As Jastey said: remove the exe and then, when you have other mods installed, you can copy some other exe (the one of Tweaks Anthology, for example) and then rename the copy (give it the name of the deleted file)
  • CatcheJaggerCatcheJagger Member Posts: 5
    Okay, yeah! That seems to have done the trick! Thanks for the assist, guys!