Skip to content

Is there another way to get the silver pantaloons?

So the title pretty much sums it up, I'm playing a good character & thus didn't take the path that led to the silver pantaloons, as I'm a console player I cannot open the game files, so, am I boned on this PT, or is there another way to get them?
Thanks guys

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Nope. The only (non-cheating) way to get the silver pantaloons is to not immediately rescue Elgea, and collect the ransom.

You can avoid losing reputation with a sneaky trick - pickpocket the pantaloons instead of collecting them through dialogue. However, that won't help you if Elgea is already rescued; the guy with the pantaloons just isn't there.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited August 2020
    @coldsteelblue The mod Hidden Adventures does have a component that lets PCs get the Silver Pantaloons as a reward for freeing Lady Elgea.
    EDIT: hm ok didn't notice the "I'm a console player".
  • coldsteelbluecoldsteelblue Member Posts: 10
    Nuts, ah well, thanks for the replies guys ?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    As I recall, you had to be a touch dishonest to get the golden pantaloons as well. The BMU is an Easter egg for evil/not good players it seems.
    Yeah, you had to lie to the noble to get the gold ones, but there was no real crime commited & no rep hit, ah well, nothing to be done about it now
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, you had to lie to the noble to get the gold ones, but there was no real crime commited & no rep hit, ah well, nothing to be done about it now

Well, aside from theft. He DID expect those pants back.
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Well, aside from theft. He DID expect those pants back.

Well, I'm playing a theif, well, Shadow Dancer, nothing wrong with a bit of honest theft, but draw the line at kidnapping & ransoms...roleplaying can be a nuisance at times ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Well, it's not like you kidnapped her, and he did agree to bring the ransom already ... might as well pick his pockets before you let her go, right?

Actually ... no, sneaking in for the ransom note doesn't work. You have to talk to Elgea and not free her to spawn Welther. Note that if either Keldorn or Mazzy are with you, they will free her regardless of your dialogue choices.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jmerry wrote: »
    Well, it's not like you kidnapped her, and he did agree to bring the ransom already ... might as well pick his pockets before you let her go, right?

Actually ... no, sneaking in for the ransom note doesn't work. You have to talk to Elgea and not free her to spawn Welther. Note that if either Keldorn or Mazzy are with you, they will free her regardless of your dialogue choices.

thats why you keep them on the first floor when you talk with elgea so you can still collect that ransom ;)
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Good characters hold people ransom. I hold people ransom all the time and I'm lawful good.
    Aerie wrote: »
    Good characters hold people ransom. I hold people ransom all the time and I'm lawful good.

I think you were traumatized by your first romance in Amn and still haven't recovered... ;)
    Maurvir wrote: »

I think you were traumatized by your first romance in Amn and still haven't recovered... ;)

You're right. Irenicus was a jerk...

Well, you gotta admit, compared to Ellesime... I mean, just sayin'

Well, you gotta admit, compared to Ellesime... I mean, just sayin'

Ellesime is a terrible queen and an even worse person. I would of been a so much better queen than her.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Ellesime is a terrible queen and an even worse person. I would of been a so much better queen than her.

But if Prism had caught a fleeting glimpse of you would he have devoted his final days to carving your face in a big lump of rock?

But if Prism had caught a fleeting glimpse of you would he have devoted his final days to carving your face in a big lump of rock?

One word answer: Yes.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2020

Are you sure you are Aerie? Because sometimes you sound a bit like Safana . . .
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on

Are you sure you are Aerie? Because sometimes you sound a bit like Safana . . .

Maybe Safana just sounds like me?