Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    By your rules, you said the run fails if you get experience for a kill: you don't normally get experience for a kill from a Dominated character, do you? Or am I thinking of Gated creatures?
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    That would be gated demons and devils - as they are not under your control. For things that are under your control (like summons and charmed creatures), you do get XP added to the party. XP and kills by those things are not counted under an individual's personal statistics though, so if someone was trying a 'pacifist' run with the objective of just avoiding getting personal credit for any kills it's pretty straightforward to do.
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    One other thing you don't get XP for: lingering spell effects cast by allies that are no longer present. If, say, your mage's Project Image clone casts an Incendiary cloud and then gets popped, the cloud sticks around to do damage, but anything it kills doesn't grant XP.
    While the clone is around, enything it kills is good for party XP but not personal credit.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0
  • JonirenJoniren Member Posts: 22
    Are high level spirits enough to deal with enemies in SoA and ToB?
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Joniren wrote: »
    Are high level spirits enough to deal with enemies in SoA and ToB?

Generally summons are pretty good at dealing with melee enemies, but the shaman is vulnerable to spells and missiles while dancing. Getting summons in position to deal with those sorts of enemies, without exposing the shaman, isn't easy as a solo character (I have no experience of a shaman in a party).
  • JonirenJoniren Member Posts: 22
    This looks like a very well rounded party. I like it so much I might steal the concept with a cavalier instead of inquisitor.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Grond0 wrote: »
    It seemed highly likely that Wraith Form would be useless against vampiric wraiths, but none of those appeared anyway, so we were able to clear the top level easily enough.

Wraithform would work against vampiric wraiths - all of the enemies with "mist" graphics have non-magical weapons. They would still have their spells, but only their spells.
    Now, when you're higher level ... Enhanced Bard Song has what it takes to really humiliate a pack of mists.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2020
    Moved to next page
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0EnuhalAerakarMantis37