Skip to content

Magic Resistance

ResolutionResolution Member Posts: 1
Tips and Tricks on How to Make the Most of Your Robot Vacuum

Robot vacuums have become better known in recent years, thanks to their versatility and convenience. In today’s article, we will provide you with some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your vacuum cleaner.

If you’re not sure what brand to choose, I recommend **** or ****, as they are The Best Vacuum Cleaners WpdGIxQ.gif, especially in making robot vacuums.

Read the manual carefully.

It seems redundant, but I still have to mention it here.

Products from different brands may have extra features. You must read the instructions carefully to ensure that you can use your vacuum productively and hassle-free.

Though some robot vacuums can stop and turn when approaching the stairs or fridge, you should keep an eye on them in case something happens.

Remove unnecessary objects from the floor.

Make sure you put away all objects on the floor before turning on your robot vacuum.

Vacuums can only suck in dirt and debris. Plus, robot vacuums tend to have less suction power than an upright or canister vacuum. Some robot vacuums work great at sucking pet hair off carpets.

These little guys might not do the work very thoroughly, but it’s enough to keep you from having to clean the house every day.

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

✺✺✺ Picked For You: 8dUYRvq.gif
Best vacuum cleaner brands

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Do a battery check.

As you may know, robot vacuums can work only during certain periods, as the battery doesn’t last long: about 45 - 60 minutes.

Try not to overuse or depend too much on your robot vacuum, as this will have a bad influence on battery life. Make sure your vacuum is fully charged and ready to work before you turn it on.

Store extra batteries in case your old battery has worn out. If the battery tends to run out quickly and you already have to change it, your robot vacuum may be the problem. Thus, you should consider buying a new one.

Get your robot vacuum checked out every once in a while.

Sometimes certain parts of the vacuum stop working without you even noticing. Maybe it’s the LED light; perhaps it’s the dust sensor. That is why you must do maintenance as well as clean the vacuum to maintain and extend its lifespan.

Other things to consider if you own a robot vacuum.

Don’t expect to control the suction power. These machines work on their own, so you might not know whether or not they’re doing the job effectively.

As I mentioned above, the battery doesn’t last very long. So, if you have a lot of cleaning to do, I don’t suggest that you use a robot vacuum. On the other hand, if you want to keep the house clean and tidy every day, a robot vacuum is a great option.

Robot vacuums might not be the v4izu9H.giftop best vacuum cleaners, but they are strong enough to keep the floor fairly clean. Of course, you will have to vacuum the house every 4 or 5 days while still using the robot vacuum to ensure the house stays clean and shiny.

That’s pretty much everything you need to know to make the most of your robot vacuum. They are good vacuum cleaners that I think every household should have.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Indirect methods such as summons and combat buffs are good against magic-resistant foes.

There are a few other attack spells that bypass magic resistance - notably Fire Storm (Cleric/Druid 7) and the mage HLA spells Comet and Dragon Breath.

Massive overkill from multiple spells will do it too - the last time I fought a huge army of drow, I stacked lots of incendiary clouds. Sure, they'll resist - but they probably won't resist all of the clouds.

Against single strong targets, lowering their resistance is much more likely to be a good idea; Pierce Magic and Pierce Shield do this along with stripping a spell defense.
    sarevok57
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Seriously, contingency spells with 3 lower resistances in one go help A LOT, couple that with some high level summons should see u right, thats how i finish off the dragons quick smart, 2-3 casters casting lower resistance gives you 9 instances of lower resistance in only 3 spells then pound them with cloud kill or horrid wilting, season with 10-15 magic missiles every round until theyre dead
    Um ... you do realize that negative magic resistance doesn't make a creature extra vulnerable? A triple-LR spell trigger reduces the target's resistance by at least 78%. After one of those, the dragon is already down to zero. Any further resistance-lowering is a waste.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited September 2020
    The divine magic resistance spell can also be handy to reduce the protection of highly MR enemies.
    sarevok57Michelle
    Grond0 wrote: »
    The divine magic resistance spell can also be handy to reduce the protection of highly MR enemies.
    ... with the caveat that it's melee range and casting time 9. Very easily interrupted.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jmerry wrote: »
    ... with the caveat that it's melee range and casting time 9. Very easily interrupted.

great to cast on dragons though since most of them aren't hostile before battle
    MichelleZaxares
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    edited September 2020

Use a Simulacrum to cast it and drop the MR even more. Drow, dragons and monks are the worst. Drow I find easiest if I use aoe and the already mentioned spells are the best, or just beat them down. Dragons, well a preemptive Magic Resistance is good or Lower Resistance in a sequencer. I hate, hate, hate Abazigal in a no reload run. Maybe it is just me but that guy can just randomly kill me no matter what I do. After all of that in a no reload I have contemplated Hara-Kiri on whichever device I was playing on at the time when that big blue... Grr! No polite word for him I am afraid, has killed me. Monks? Well, there are not many major monk battles in the game, better to use summons if you can there. How I do it anyway. Incendiary Cloud in a Chain Contingency, sleep and when it goes off as soon as you see the Ravager, with auto-pause then do it again with 100% fire resistance on yourself if I remember will immolate him in just a few rounds, if you are sporting a spiffy PfMW at the time... well, give it a try, or try it on Drow and watch them burn. Don’t bother with Abazigal, that method has never worked on him for me, maybe someone else would have better luck.
    ...How I do it anyway. Incendiary Cloud in a Chain Contingency, sleep and when it goes off as soon as you see the Ravager, with auto-pause then do it again with 100% fire resistance on yourself if I remember will immolate him in just a few rounds...
    The Ravager is immune to fire, cold, electricity, acid, and poison damage, along with a host of status effects. You can lower magic resistance, but not damage type resistances. All your incendiary clouds will do in that fight is hurt the bone blades (only 80% resistant) and risk friendly fire damage on any party member that gets their fire resistance dispelled.

Don't get me wrong - triple-IC chain contingencies with a fire-immune party are great. Just, not for that battle.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Yikes! Haven’t tried that in a bit so, yeah probably am wrong. Used to be that any contingency targeted on yourself ignored resistances, like a blue spell. So I you could target any contingency on yourself and destroy anything, um, as long as you had resistance to the damage type. Probably what I was thinking. Three Skull Traps were amazing. I am sorry, it has been a long time since I have used exploits and the things I remember are not always still viable.

Ignore the village idiot, she talks too much.
    Grond0dunbar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    What - you're not going to warn everyone for posting off-topic? The OP was clearly about robot vacuums. ;)
    sarevok57