Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Let's cast the movie

Let's say we are a big movie production company, we've acquired the rights to Baldur's Gate and we've got writers working on the script. Who are we going to cast?

My first suggestion:

Sophia Lillis to play Imoen:

blwqjgw2jheh.png
Rik_KirtaniyaBalrog99Adam_en_tiumOrlonKronsteen

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Jim Carrey as Tiax:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedelite.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F05%2FGettyImages-691030296.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And as Xzar:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.newspunch.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F09%2Fjim-carrey.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And as Nalia de'Arnise:
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freakingnews.com%2Fpictures%2F54000%2FJim-Carrey-as-a-Woman--54480.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    Permidion_StarkAdam_en_tiumBelgarathMTH
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    As I have been trying to write a script only to be told that it’s not a fruitful idea, jumping to the stage of casting feels very disorganized
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2020
    Dazzu wrote: »
    As I have been trying to write a script only to be told that it’s not a fruitful idea, jumping to the stage of casting feels very disorganized

It's just a game of 'let's pretend'. To be honest I would be amazed if a Baldur's Gate movie were ever to get made. Then again I never thought Game of Thrones would be turned into a hugely successful TV series. So what do I know?
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Baldurs Gate is too long to cram into one movie. Either give it Lord of the Rings treatment where every few chapters is a new movie or do a series.
    Balrog99
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Lets lock in Drew Barrymore as Nalia and Vin Diesel as Valygar for starters :*
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    If it includes SoD, I want Tig Notaro as M'Khiin!

OrlonKronsteenPermidion_Stark
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Dazzu wrote: »
    Baldurs Gate is too long to cram into one movie. Either give it Lord of the Rings treatment where every few chapters is a new movie or do a series.

But no musical numbers, please!
    Lets lock in Drew Barrymore as Nalia and Vin Diesel as Valygar for starters :*

Wesley Snipes could play Valygar.

You know, I can't help thinking that the 80's would have been a better decade for this movie, even though the game hadn't even come out yet. Schwarzenegger as Sarevok; Stallone as Kivan; a young, upstart Tom Cruise as Ajantis (yeah!); Adrienne Barbeau as Faldorn, Dolph Lundgren as Minsc; Pam Grier as Dynaheir... and on and on. What a decade.
    Balrog99
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Ezra Miller as Coran.

wemce8xcx0fj.jpg
    OrlonKronsteenPermidion_Stark
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Schwarzenegger as Sarevok
    Nah, give him the Darth Vader treatment. Some no-name big guy to play his body, a real actor for his voice. After all, the only scene he ever takes that helmet and armor off for has him in disguise, possibly magic-aided.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    jmerry wrote: »
    Nah, give him the Darth Vader treatment. Some no-name big guy to play his body, a real actor for his voice. After all, the only scene he ever takes that helmet and armor off for has him in disguise, possibly magic-aided.

But hearing Arnie voice Sarevok's dialogue? Pure gold. At least to some of us. I can see how some would prefer a more... seasoned actor.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    jmerry wrote: »

But hearing Arnie voice Sarevok's dialogue? Pure gold. At least to some of us. I can see how some would prefer a more... seasoned actor.

I'd see "The Highlander" era Clancy Brown as Sarevok. That voice!
    OrlonKronsteen
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    For the sequel, Peter Dinklage as Jan Jansen.

ujiaf699hzmx.jpg

I think I could listen to turnip stories for hours if he was the one telling them!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'd be down to see Peter Dinklage as the swashbuckler (he has that facial quality) in a hypothetical movie. Bonus points if he's the lead.
    Balrog99Rik_Kirtaniya
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Me as me.
    Balrog99