Skip to content

(No longer supported) Shar-Teel NPC mod (SoD)

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2018
    Getting the remaining sections of Eve of War I need to get finished is my focus at this point. So I'd say I don't plan on adding anything to this for awhile.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Oh, kinda missed your answer there ^^'

Well thank you for your information and good success for your current project than!
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2018
    With SHS being down I'm making this available through this link.
    Post edited by elminster on
    GrammarsaladArcanisVeshkaRRakhsev
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2018
    I have a question: is this mod compatible with the iOS version of SoD?
    I started a new SoD game, entered the Flaming Fist's Headquarters ------> I cannot find Shar-Teel.....

I mean, the mod is installed because
    I got a forged letter from Narlen...... The problem is that she is nowhere......

Do you know if this has something to do with the fact that SoD is a standalone game on iOS?

EDIT: BD0104.BCS attached
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    I haven't updated the mod to work in 2.5. Its possible something in that version broke it.
    elminster said:

I haven't updated the mod to work in 2.5. Its possible something in that version broke it.

I see.

Did you have a look at the script I attached to my previous post? I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this issue........
    edited September 2018
    Yea the script doesn't let me know what is happening in your game unfortunately. If you can find a way to attach a save file that would be a lot of help.

Having said that I have about a thousand things due for school this week and next week. So no promises I can get to it. I'm also leaving for Europe on the 29th and not getting back until October 11th. So realistically if I can't to it this upcoming week it might be awhile.
    elminster said:

Yea the script doesn't let me know what is happening in your game unfortunately. If you can find a way to attach a save file that would be a lot of help.

Having said that I have about a thousand things due for school this week and next week. So no promises I can get to it. I'm also leaving for Europe on the 29th and not getting back until October 11th. So realistically if I can't to it this upcoming week it might be awhile.

Here's my last save file: let me know if you can get to it........
    @elminster

Guess you didn't manage to get to it, right?
    Nope.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Hi!

Now if you use the Shar-Teel component from Deities of Faerûn and this mod she will keep her kit in SoD as well. :)
    Zaghoulelminster
    @Raduziel the mod also includes some scripts that level Shar-Teel which may also be based on class. It's possible that could also cause issues.
    edited March 2019
    elminster wrote: »
    @Raduziel the mod also includes some scripts that level Shar-Teel which may also be based on class. It's possible that could also cause issues.

Hm... I'll take a look and see if I can cover them from DoF's side.

If the script just level her I don't see reason for an issue - DoF only patches the creature file.

I'll test it here. When/under what conditions those scripts trigger?

Thanks!
    I don't really remember but I think class is involved. The only is that players may not get the level up. So she might be under levelled.
    Raduziel
    I've looked through all the files inside Script and found no class check or anything that adds XP (at least that I was capable of notice).

I'll make a test in-game to see how things behave and will let you know.

If any further detail is required I'll get in touch through PM to not pollute this thread; otherwise, if everything runs fine, I'll let you know through here so other players may have that info as well.
    Looks like its just for if you dual class into a thief. Should be fine.
    Raduziel
    I couldn't find her in-game, but I've CluaConsole'd her and her starting XP was 64000 - on pair with SoD's starting XP.

Yup, everything is fine, looks like. :)
    edited October 2019
    @elminster

Hi,

I had an error while installing it (download from Spellhold Studios).

Nevermind, reinstalling BGEE fixed it. Obviously it was on my end.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    elminster
    edited August 2020
    Updated the mod now on SHS. Hopefully people won't have any problems having her appear. Turns out I had confused a script (that I stupidly named the same used by her with one used by my Eve of War mod). I'd also given her too many conditions for spawning (I think this was to prevent her from double spawning in the prison but there was a simpler solution than the one I had used).

Didn't really have the energy to fix this before now. Hopefully that addresses any barriers towards people using the mod.

Link is here in case SHS is ever down.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @elminster
    I thought this GitHub repo would have the latest version. (It only has 1.3.) I prefer GitHub because it's been so reliable for me.
    edited September 2020
    I did not approve anyone posting my mods to GitHub. That is not my doing.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    it's probably too late for this run as I'll probably need a fresh installation but just wondering for the future. I normally dual her in BG1. Is that a problem? What would happen to her stats?
    She should just appear as she was when you left her. As far as I know.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    elminster wrote: »
    I did not approve anyone posting my mods to GitHub. That is not my doing.

This GitHub Account "MattyGroove" is where the EE Setup Tool gets an unofficial version of the Amber mod from (I didn't check for more), so it's probably a Roxanne alt.
    elminster
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Tried to install the mod and got this error. I didn't had the modmerge installed, but i tried the installation before and after i installed modmerge, the error was the same.
  • scheelescheele Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2023
    Hi elminster!

This wonderful (albeit short) mod is now translated into Russian, completely in tra format and ready to install.
    https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1842
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IBWrs8CcfQxS2z0hRoej1LakbCwxOQO-/view?usp=sharing