Skip to content

I don't get why . . . ? (Share things about the games that perplex you)

124»

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't get why non-spellcasters can use Wands of Magic Missiles and Wands of Sleep?

Come to that, I don't get why paladins can't use Wands of the Heavens?

And I don't get why you have to be able to read to use a wand? Do they come with an instruction manual?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    histamiini wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    histamiini wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Some locks and traps require over 100 to succeed. I think 115 can get through everything.
    Is this really correct? I tried searching both games for over 100 locks with NearInfinity, and couldn't find any.

There's not many. I can recall the Tome of Wisdom trap in Durlag's tower, and the trap right outside Sendai's Enclave. I've failed both with 105 in find traps.

I don't recall specific locks, since I pump it up tp 115 asap these days.
    Are you playing with EE? Durlag's Tower trap removal difficulty is 100, but you're correct the trap outside Sendai Enclave has 110 difficulty, which is interesting.

Sure am. I've actually had more difficulty disarming the Durlag's tome trap than I do Sendai's entrance trap.

@Permidion_Stark Magic :P
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jmerry wrote: »
    Difficulty of exactly 100 means "impossible". It's often used for traps such as "call the guards", which usually also come undetectable. That one trap in Durlag's tower can be detected but not disarmed - most difficulty 100 traps can't be detected. A trap with difficulty greater than 100 can be disarmed with enough skill.

ah, this would make sense, because i have never been able to disarm the trap for that tome in durlag's tower and the trap that is before the level 2 wardstone has a detection and disarm score of 99 ( when i thought it was 100, because i've only ever been able to disarm it with 100 ) and it would also explain why the crushing wall trap in the asylum dungeon is impossible to disarm as well with it's disarm score of 100
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That's a weird implementation, but I guess that's par for the course with BG.