Skip to content

I found an Elvis Presly cameo in the Five Flagons Inn

VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
d95zy23l1rkh.jpg

Has this been noted before? You can't tell me is not the same picture! xD

How I found it: I was at the inn looking at the scenery aimlessly paying attention to the decoration I never noticed before (because I'm always too focused on finishing quests) and when I saw that painting I simply thought... hmm... that looks like a modern guitar, not a "medieval one"... that hairdo reminds of someone -mind I'm not American and I don't know much about Elvis-

I googled: Elvis holding a guitar.

And voilá.

The D&D TV show cameo of Hank the Archer and Bobby the Barbarian inside Adventurer Mart is a well-known one by now, but this one is a first :v

Now I'm trying to figure out who's the other guy in the painting :P
Post edited by Vanhardisk on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Pretty sure this is the one to the left of Elvis:
    q5qhl1j6dqbn.png
  • VanhardiskVanhardisk Member Posts: 40
    Genius!
    I have no idea what the far right picture might be.
  • KorbenDallasKorbenDallas Member Posts: 29
    It looks like someone playing a trumpet to me, but I did some searches and came up empty
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    A small correction: the name "Presley" doesn't have a "t" in it.

The far right picture ... dark skin ... I'm guessing Louis Armstrong. I haven't found the right pose, but that's my guess.
  • KorbenDallasKorbenDallas Member Posts: 29
    That's who I searched for, first Louis Armstrong and then Miles Davis, but I couldn't find the reference picture for either
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    At first I also thought it was Louis Armstrong or Miles Davis but now when I look at it I see two figures, one of whom appears to have a tail like a mermaid. But maybe I am just seeing things?
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Great find!!
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited October 2020
    At first I also thought it was Louis Armstrong or Miles Davis but now when I look at it I see two figures, one of whom appears to have a tail like a mermaid. But maybe I am just seeing things?

99% sure it's Miles Davis, based on his attire it's quite possibly based on a composite of several photos from 70s-90s shaped by the artist's imagination.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

99% sure it's Miles Davis, based on his attire it's quite possibly based on a composite of several photos from 70s-90s shaped by the artist's imagination.

Maybe it's supposed to be this picture?

steamin.jpg
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

OR maybe the pic on the right really wasn't intended to be anyone, and is just there to make the Elvis one less conspicuous?
    @SharGuidesMyHand I'm willing to bet that's the base picture and they manipulated it to not be quite so anachronistic or noticeable.