Skip to content

[MOD] Items of the Planes

Comments

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Hi, is there any estimate to when the next version of this mod might come out?

Cheers! :)
  • LK2020LK2020 Member Posts: 16
    Would you consider changing the alignment restriction on the Tears to Good (Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic) in in line with the proposed changes to CF? Or given Harmonium back story leave as is? For me it's back to meta, I nearly always come out NG or CG if I play naturally, but always game it so I am LG at least to get those then rush to the Clerk's Ward to get the 2nd one...
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Mothor, I was trying to get the Major Tattoos finished before I pushed a release but that's gonna be a while. I'll see if I can get what I have in a state for release and ship it. I'll ping you when the new release is up.

@LK2020, yeah I could definitely get behind loosening alignment restrictions. The restrictions on the Tears always struck me as very arbitrary anyway. I'll think about how loose I want to make it.
    edited September 2020
    Alright v0.3 is now live from the same link in the top post. This patch includes the minor tattoos portion of my tattoo overhaul as well as the actual release of all the changes I said I made in v0.2 but didn't actually sync to my GitHub.

As always, please let me know any comments, criticism, questions, or other feedback you may have. Happy planeswalking, bashers!

(Here you go @Mothor )
    Mothor
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    thank you so much. damn mage nerf!
    Amazing thank you @Aquadrizzt will try it now!
    Great so far, love the tattoos and the alignment change on CF. Did the razorvine earrings get implemented? They create he same item as the amber ones using the code in the setup text file to create them.
    @LK2020, glad you're enjoying it. It's honestly my favorite mod to work on (other than 5E Overhaul but that's more of a coding challenge). Razorvine Earrings are not implemented, I couldn't find the right dialog state to have the transformation occur.
    LK2020
    edited September 2020
    Ah ok fair enough, I tried the Ravel section with the earrings and didn't see any dialog hence I mentioned. BTW Tattoo of Warding and Greater Warding are both showing +2 AC for me in game, is the intention to further buff Greater Warding AC (+3?) to give fighters a boost?
    @LK2020 , the Tattoo of Greater Warding was supposed to be removed. The buff to the Tattoo of Warding was supposed to make up for Greater Warding's removal. Looking at Fell's store with the mod installed on my machine, I don't see Greater Warding anymore.

Did you install this mid playthrough by any chance?
    @Aquadrizzt Ah yes I did, so makes sense I'll start a new game and check.
    @LK2020 , so because of the way that the game saves the state of the various stores, it will not change Fell's inventory if you'd already interacted with him. The items themselves that are offered will be updated at the time of mod installation though.
    @Aquadrizzt Noted thanks ?. Any more ideas for the hand slot(I'm sure the major tatoos are keeping you busy ?)?
    Hand slot for whom?
    @Dark_Ansem , there is a slot in the inventory UI (labeled "Hands") that is entirely unused by an of the items in the game; it was probably carry over from the gauntlets slot present in Baldur's Gate. All of the playable characters except Nordom and Morte possess this slot in their inventory.

My thinking was that this slot might be usable for some purpose, but I am unsure what that purpose is or should be at this moment. Suggestions welcome.
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    @Dark_Ansem , there is a slot in the inventory UI (labeled "Hands") that is entirely unused by an of the items in the game; it was probably carry over from the gauntlets slot present in Baldur's Gate. All of the playable characters except Nordom and Morte possess this slot in their inventory.

My thinking was that this slot might be usable for some purpose, but I am unsure what that purpose is or should be at this moment. Suggestions welcome.

You can put Lim-Lim there or is it not possible in the vanilla?
    @Mirak, ooooh good catch. Pillars of Eternity style pets for the glove slot, you say? I think there's some narrative dissonance there but it's an idea.
    MiraStastny
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    @Mothor, I was trying to get the Major Tattoos finished before I pushed a release but that's gonna be a while. I'll see if I can get what I have in a state for release and ship it. I'll ping you when the new release is up.

@LK2020, yeah I could definitely get behind loosening alignment restrictions. The restrictions on the Tears always struck me as very arbitrary anyway. I'll think about how loose I want to make it.

Yay, congrats!

I was a bit busy and I did not visit this place for a while. Nice to see another release :)
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    This is my single favorite PST:EE mod and the one whose development I follow the closest. @Aquadrizzt from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
    @tl1942, glad you're enjoying it. It's definitely one of my favorite projects to work on!
    tl1942
    @Aquadrizzt would the major tattoo changes (once released) be save compatible per se? I'm waiting to start a playthrough for those so was curious. Will it be same that Fells inventory wont reflect if we updated halfway through?

Thanks as always for your work on this!
    How come daggers have 2 damage types now?
    @LK2020, so while Fell's shop will not update if you install major tattoos mid playthrough, you could always console them in after the fact.

@Dark_Ansem , mostly aesthetic purposes. I don't know if the hybrid damage type actually matters at any point in PST, but it is a nice way to make it seem like every weapon class has something unique.
    Dark_AnsemIsewein
    I like that reasoning.
    Aquadrizzt
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.
    Isewein
    Sometimes the aesthetic idea of a mechanic is more important than the practical aspect itself. Few games exemplify this as well as Planescape.

please elaborate?
  • LordDanteLordDante Member Posts: 3
    This mod makes all the items descriptions english right? Or is it compatible with all the languages
    Dark_Ansem wrote: »

please elaborate?

There is an idea in game design where how players perceive a game's mechanics/balance is often more important than how balanced the game actually is.
    LordDante wrote: »
    This mod makes all the items descriptions english right? Or is it compatible with all the languages

I only have an English translation file at this time, but I am always open to including additional ones if people send me the .tra files in other languages.
    @Aquadrizzt Nice to see you post on here :-), are you still working on Major Tattoos etc?
    edited April 2021
    LK2020 wrote: »
    @Aquadrizzt Nice to see you post on here :-), are you still working on Major Tattoos etc?

Haha thank you. Yes, I'm still working on the major tattoos component but it is slow progress.
    LK2020Gubo