Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Any news about control support in the computer version? steam / gog / beamdogStore
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    This is very sad that there is so little communication back from Beamdog.

I just bought NWN:EE, BG1/BG2/SoD on iOS to support the company, but I really wish we would hear back a little more from the team about what's going on with 2.6, upcoming NWN:EE changes & other plans.

@JuliusBorisov , any update would be great :)

Another question related to BG1/BG2/SOD/NWN:EE, I believe we can request Steam Keys if we bought the game on Beamdog store, how should I proceed ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm trying to provide an answer where I know what to reply.

The next stage of the beta testing of 2.6 is very close (2 weeks maximum, as it looks at this moment).

NWN:EE has very active development, the last dev build was released just last week.

You can contact our support at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals to request the Steam keys for your games bought from Beamdog .com
    AerakarStummvonBordwehrParys
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    I have not yet bought NWN:EE. Which campaigns and modules are included?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Aerakar wrote: »
    I have not yet bought NWN:EE. Which campaigns and modules are included?

https://store.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition
    Aerakar
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov this looks great! I have played all of the old modules years ago and am glad to see DoD and Tyrants also available officially. Are updates applied to all of the purchasable modules?
    JuliusBorisov
    Yeah, graphical updates and other fixes apply to the whole game, including modules.
    Aerakaranastiel
  • PierpoljackPierpoljack Member Posts: 23
    hello i have a question : if we have a beamdog version can we ask that for a steam key for the future update .
    (for baldur gate enhanced edition 1 & 2 ?)
    and good job for the enhanced edition .
  • boogieboyboogieboy Member Posts: 11
    Здравствуйте! Хочу поделиться одни открытием! В Кэнделкипе, если поговорить с дворянами в таверне и выбрать вариант про драгоценности и украшения (с намёком на воровство), то при высокой харизме (18) они не пошлют тебя куда подальше, а спрячут свои нажитое на втором этаже, в ящике, который открывается только с высоким показателем взлома замков. Так, что вот!
    P.S. Чем выше телосложение (16) тем реже устаёт персонаж и тем больше эля он может выпить.
    I've got a question! If i boost Minsc's stamina with tomes in BG export this on BG 2?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Only Gorion's Ward gets exported, everyone else uses their default BG2 values.
    ATigersClawsarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    boogieboy wrote: »
    I've got a question! If i boost Minsc's stamina with tomes in BG export this on BG 2?

while what Pokota says is true, Minsc actually by default has higher stats in BG2 than he does in BG 1, his DEX and CON are one point higher each in BG 2
    StummvonBordwehr
    Pokota, sarevok57
    Thank you very much for your comprehensive answers.
    sarevok57Skatan
  • Will there be a Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance remake and have multi player? I haven't found any games like that after Dark Alliance 2 and Champions of Norrath for the PS2.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Will there be a Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance remake and have multi player? I haven't found any games like that after Dark Alliance 2 and Champions of Norrath for the PS2.
    Ask, and ye shall receive.
    https://www.darkalliance.com/
    Aranthys wrote: »
    Is there any place where we can check the changes / fixes brought by the ongoing 2.6 beta ?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80867/road-to-2-6-planned-patch-items-windows-macos-linux
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Added Adventurers of Neverwinter content to all games

what is this?
    HafirPokotaanastiel
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @sarevok57 I'm guessing that it's actually the "Heroes of Neverwinter" character portraits that were added. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    sarevok57AaemforeverJuliusBorisov
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    edited November 2020
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere ....

Is Beamdog and Ossian / other Dev Teams working on additional Premium Modules to be sold on Steam / App Store?

I have to admit that I am a sucker for these and have bought all the existing big modules on both platforms.

I would like to spend more money on premium modules on the iPAD (without trying to figure out the whole NWN Vault -> copy - modify -> tweak thing into IOS structures - no free time for that ....)

Anything currently in the works Beamdog ?
  • SeorrSeorr Member Posts: 7
    GOG achievements?

A. Yes, eventually.
    B. We'd like to create them someday, but we can't promise anything.
    C. Extremely unlikely.
    D. No, never.

<3
    PaquoCastor
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Seorr Which game are you talking about?

TR
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    To my knowledge, all of the Infinity Engine EE games spit out code when you reach the "Steam" achievements regardless of what platform you're playing on (source: playing on Windows by calling the executable from cmd), so it should be as simple as adding the same achievements to Galaxy

Given one of the achievements (get 25 in any stat) is as simple as starting in Story Mode, my question is, "why?"
    edited June 2022
    I'm going to ask a question, and it is not a rhetorical one. As of the latest Development Build for NWN:EE, do you honestly believe or expect me to believe that 14-year-encrusted turd still lingering in my single-player game is actually working as intended? If only I could kill the damn thing, it would not be dead enough. If only. Such a change to NWN's combat UI should never have been made or allowed to be made from the very beginning. Whoever it was at BioWare who implemented that change should have been immediately suspended pending termination of his employment. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    Seorr wrote: »
    GOG achievements?

B. We'd like to create them someday, but we can't promise anything.
    Seorr
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    Never change @Prince_Raymond
    gugulug5000
    @d2freak Let me reiterate that my question was directed towards the devs and Mr. Julius Borisov. Thanks for your input, though. Have a wonderful day.
  • PierpoljackPierpoljack Member Posts: 23
    Hello i've got a problem with my new playthrough of baldur's gate 2 enhanced editions .

i've just create my new parties with mods (that worked really well) but i've got a new problem that i don't know how to resolve,when i started my parties a notification saying "not enough disc place in your game would you like to quit" and when i removed this notification my game worked well and nothing seems to bug, so as anyone encounter this ? does anyone know how to resolve it ?

good days .

ps: in my document for the saves games i have a disc version dating from the version 1.0 of the game in it too and it's with the latest 2.0 version of bg2ee steam.
  • mjfmjf Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Are there any plans to release Dark Dreams of Furiae on iOS? Couldn't find anything (or anyone even asking about it) on the boards.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    DonCzirr wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed this somewhere ....

Is Beamdog and Ossian / other Dev Teams working on additional Premium Modules to be sold on Steam / App Store?

I have to admit that I am a sucker for these and have bought all the existing big modules on both platforms.

I would like to spend more money on premium modules on the iPAD (without trying to figure out the whole NWN Vault -> copy - modify -> tweak thing into IOS structures - no free time for that ....)

Anything currently in the works Beamdog ?

I would second MJF's query directly above and also ask Julius about my original query about whether additional premium modules are in development ?
    edited November 2020
    mjf wrote: »
    Are there any plans to release Dark Dreams of Furiae on iOS? Couldn't find anything (or anyone even asking about it) on the boards.

It might happen but no guarantees.
    DonCzirr wrote: »
    ask Julius about my original query about whether additional premium modules are in development ?

At this exact moment, no.
    StummvonBordwehr