Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
edited May 2019 in News
Now when the weekly livestreams are cancelled, we want to continue developing direct communication between Beamdog and our followers, to keep the community informed on studio news, sales, updates, and upcoming events.

This is why we'll start publishing monthly recaps on our blog about what's happening around Beamdog.

As a part of that blog, we'll have a regular Q&A segment for community questions.

Please ask in this thread everything you want to ask Beamdog (in the similar way as it's been done for the livestreams). We'll try to get answers from Luke Rideout every 2 weeks, and then will directly communicate them back to you. Later, a part of these answers will be included into the appropriate montly recap.

1. January, 2019.
2. February 20, 2019.
3. March 19, 2019.
4. April 18, 2019.
5. May 17, 2019.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
StummvonBordwehrAndreaColomboZaghoulTorgrimmer[Deleted User]kanisathaTressetAerakarAdullolienmlneveseDerpCityJapualtahelminsteranastielgugulug5000

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Fine, let’s start this off with a bang.

Hyper Chicken badge. Spill the beans on this monstrosity and don’t dare use NDA as a reason not to, because Our sleuthing deducted that all those NDAs from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition have expired. Oh I guess this is like Jeopardy and you need it in question form:

What is the story behind the hyper chicken badge and how did all the recipients receive it?
    [Deleted User]ThacoBelllolienButtercheese
  • Casper01Casper01 Member Posts: 1
    I really just want to know when something UNIQUE and completetly new is being made instead of rehashing the old stuff?

But if you absolutely NEED to rehash old stuff can you please sell your souls and somehow get KoToR1 and KoToR2 and add new content and remaster :)
    anastiel[Deleted User]
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Would you be willing to look at publishing people work outside of mods, like books to promote your games and business?
    [Deleted User]Vseslav
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    deltago said:

Fine, let’s start this off with a bang.

Hyper Chicken badge. Spill the beans on this monstrosity and don’t dare use NDA as a reason not to, because Our sleuthing deducted that all those NDAs from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition have expired. Oh I guess this is like Jeopardy and you need it in question form:

What is the story behind the hyper chicken badge and how did all the recipients receive it?

@deltago It is just given to followers of The Cult of @ajwz...

The real answer: I don't know for sure myself... But I am pretty sure it has something to do with Melicamp's quest. Antichickenator was acting up or something. Regardless: I wouldn't tell even if I knew, because it is just so much fun watching all of you get all worked up about the mystery! >:)
    TorgrimmermlneveseCrevsDaak
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    We do not speak of the hyperchicken.
    TressetmlneveseelminsterButtercheese
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    CamDawg said:

We do not speak of the hyperchicken.

Which is precisely why I made up a baloney explanation to further confuse matters...

Nevermind! :innocent:
    mlnevese
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    edited January 2019

Anyway I'll look forward to the next game, thanks beamdog for the very good games
    Torgrimmerlolien
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    Will the Witch's Wake 2 ever be completed? The original had so many fun little details and was so full of mystery.
    anastiel
    Possible new packages DLC
    SteamDB Unknown App 965660 Last Update 3 months ago
    SteamDB Unknown App 813060 Last Update 5 months ago
    SteamDB Unknown App 746550 Last Update 5 months ago

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    I believe the best it is to bring IE features to Unreal. Just for the posterity of releases. Then it would be easier to release games on consoles and mobile.
    Therefore, next infinite engine spiritual successor game should be made in unreal. Also faster and easier bug fixing.
    [Deleted User]
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    wildfire said:

Can Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced edition be made without source code?

I second this!
    ShadowdemonAedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited January 2019
    At present, who are the writers in your team?
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
    ToEE and IWD2 Rumor Fail
    Post edited by anastiel on
    What can we know about the new title? I do not want to break the suspense I just wonder if it's a new IP
    [Deleted User]
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    anastiel said:

What can we know about the new title? I do not want to break the suspense I just wonder if it's a new IP

I think it's new D&D game and spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate made in Unreal.
    anastiel[Deleted User]
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524

Again, during the last few streams Trent mentioned several times he asked the team what excited them the most. And the decision was to move to new exciting stuff. The last time this was addressed was after this petition.

Hi Julius,

My apologies as I have not been following the streams too closely; does that mean that 2.6 is going to be the last patch for these games?
    Adul
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Would it be possible to gather up great mods created by the community, 'enhance' it to a refined, simpler form and put them into Mod Content Pack DLCs to be released for dummies like me who like new content but are too lazy (stupid) to manage mods? These mod packs could then be sold via Steam, GOG etc and owned, governed and controlled by you, though the Author/Creator get good exposure and some gold to boot.

My suggestions is to do this and credit the author and give them XY% of the revenue, thus enabling more content with minimal work from the internal teams. If this is legally possible I mean. I know nothing of content clauses that might exist to block this, but it seem to have worked for NVN right?

Cheers.

And yeah btw, Fallout and Arcanum EEs pleasekkthx;)
    VseslavGatekeep3rXorina