Skip to content

What hurts you more?

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
Just an experiment on human psychology that I wanted to carry out.
  1. What hurts you more?14 votes
    1. People being rude to you
      57.14%
    2. People ignoring you
      42.86%

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    As a self proclaimed hermit, the second one doesn't bother me in 90% of situations.
    kanisatha
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Neither 'hurt' me so I can't vote. Rude people bother me more, especially on the road, but it doesn't hurt me, just annoys me.
    Proont
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited November 2020
    Rudeness is more irritating (not sure I am hurt by either though)

Edit: I remember reading somewhere that in a survey of whether you would rather be forgotten or hatefully remembered, women tended to opt for the former and men the latter
    semiticgoddess
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    I don't know. I think there should be more options. One thing that really bugs me for example is when I go out to buy groceries, and there's someone holding up the line because they endlessly chit chat with the cashier. Like, buy your damn groceries already, we all have other stuff to do.
    kanisatha
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A dentist clearly hurts more.
    ThacoBellleeuxProontkanisatha
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Depends.

Do I know the person? Do I have a relationship with them?

If so, I may understand their rudeness more than if they just one day stopped talking to me. I actually had a friend just stop talking to my roommate, blocking us both on all social media after years of unconditional friendship from me, and many more from my roommate and it hurts not knowing why she did that.

If I don’t know the person, then it’s the opposite. Why is the person being rude? What are they attempting to prove? Just leave me alone and ignore me if you’re act like that.
    StummvonBordwehrProont
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    edited November 2020
    I WISH society would just leave me alone. That would be the BEST. I find most people to be stupid and annoying and even oppressive, especially nowadays where they are constantly trying to tell you what to do/say/even think, and that they know what's best for you more than yourself. (Edited by Moderator. @kanisatha's meaning can be seen in their explanation below. The previous phrasing was unfortunate and has been removed) I've not had to deal with other humans that much at all. Can't wait to retire and move to some place like Montana or Wyoming.
    kanisatha wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @kanisatha " I'm a huge fan of COVID "

I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic.
    Yes, obviously. While I do prefer being by myself, I'm clearly not rooting for a disease. :)
    Post edited by Skatan on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Balrog99ilduderinoDerpCity
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Yes, obviously. While I do prefer being by myself, I'm clearly not rooting for a disease. :)
    ThacoBellBalrog99
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I'd rather a jerk be a jerk than somebody I care about ignore me. Of course, I'm an extrovert too, so I'm biased in that way.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'd rather a jerk be a jerk than somebody I care about ignore me. Of course, I'm an extrovert too, so I'm biased in that way.

Actually, this is a fairly important qualifier for the question. When the OP says "people ignoring you", who exactly is ignoring us? Friends/family/loved ones? Or random strangers? Because I would not be bothered at all by random strangers ignoring me (I'd just ignore them right back), but if my partner was giving me the cold shoulder, that WOULD upset me because that would be extremely out of character for them and I'd know something was very wrong.
    ThacoBellkanisathaProontthemazingness
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I hate to be "that guy" but this thing here is not an experiment. This is just a survey, and not very good at that since most of the answers will heavily depend on the context*. That's coming from a guy who went through 5 years of psychology.

*As it was said before, a stranger ignoring you is much different than your loved one ignoring you.
    kanisathaProont
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I consider it rude to outright ignore people, so both answers are roughly equivalent to me.